Hacking Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Just so I am clear, the carts aren't actually updated, right? It's just an update file on your SD card? So presumably one could update, enjoy the online features, and then just delete the update. No? ***speaking only about the games on cartirdige, not the eStore downloads***

I can send you one. Shoot me a PM with your info. I will get you mine when I get back home/
the easiest way to do this (if you have the retail cart, not digital download) is to simply eject the sd card before you start pokemon, then when it has loaded just put it back in. that way the update file is not loaded, but you can still do stuff like save pictures etc. this is what i do for animal crossing when i want to play without the update.
it's nicer than just deleting the update file because then each time you want to play online you need to connect to the store to download the update again.

Reactions: lordofthereef

tjohnpok

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello, guys. I'm getting Pokemon X tomorrow and have two questions;
1)If I want to contribute to this project, should I upgrade to 1.2. If I finally do is there any way to remove the patch and re-install it in the future ?
2)Are there any Programms except for D&E and Instacheck that still work in 1.2 ?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, guys. I'm getting Pokemon X tomorrow and have two questions;
1)If I want to contribute to this project, should I upgrade to 1.2. If I finally do is there any way to remove the patch and re-install it in the future ?
2)Are there any Programms except for D&E and Instacheck that still work in 1.2 ?

This project is pretty much dead thanks to the obligatory update; sorry.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I finally do is there any way to remove the patch and re-install it in the future ?

if you eject the sd card before launching the game, it should go without patches. if you want to choose between 1.1 and 1.2 I suppose you have to use two different sd cards.

tjohnpok

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This project is pretty much dead thanks to the obligatory update; sorry.
That's sad, it seemed to have great progress till late October.

if you eject the sd card before launching the game, it should go without patches. if you want to choose between 1.1 and 1.2 I suppose you have to use two different sd cards.

If I eject my SD card before booting my game, am i going to be able to play online without any trouble ?
Also since the SD card is important for the update to be downloaded that means that the update data/files can be removed anytime ?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
If I eject my SD card before booting my game, am i going to be able to play online without any trouble ?
Also since the SD card is important for the update to be downloaded that means that the update data/files can be removed anytime ?

It won't start w/out an SD card.
You can delete them in Settings.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

the online won't work but you can trade with other people via wireless.

yes, I'm pretty sure.

It won't start w/out an SD card.
You can delete them in Settings.

a guy said that you can. I guess he didn't try it...

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I find the message on Pokecheck.org pretty interesting...
"X/Y support is still in progress. Expect some news soon." AFAIK that 'expect some news soon'-part wasn't there before

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
"X/Y support is still in progress. Expect some news soon." AFAIK that 'expect some news soon'-part wasn't there before

If it was there before 1.2 then it probably means nothing.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still see value in having something compatible for local wireless... if for nothing else, then for continuing to obtain shiny values... there are still people hatching shinies based on the shiny values they were able to obtain back before this was all encrypted.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
this message was there when they released the game
they also said they are working on fake GTS too

I still see value in having something compatible for local wireless... if for nothing else, then for continuing to obtain shiny values... there are still people hatching shinies based on the shiny values they were able to obtain back before this was all encrypted.
i still have my shiny value
the problem now i don't have the shiny value for any new egg i get

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CAN'T I JUST GO WIRELESS/INFRARED FOR CAPTURING PACKETS?
And how would you capture p2p packets that aren't transmitted over the internet? That's why.

this message was there when they released the game
Incorrect; it was updated post 1.2 from "We are working on X/Y support. Please be patient." to what it is now.

There's progress but we aren't yet ready to share.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For the record, Gateway is about to release two relevant features:

Compatibility with Card2 games, making Pokemon X/Y compatible with the card.
Ability to dump retail cartridges.

Being able to dump a Pokemon X/Y cartridge allows us as well to dump the save within the card, which opens the possibility for the next Pokesav/Pokegen. The only inconvenient left is the save encryption, something that I personally believe it's a lot easier to overcome than encrypted packets.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Incorrect; it was updated post 1.2 from "We are working on X/Y support. Please be patient." to what it is now.

There's progress but we aren't yet ready to share.
like the prograss bar in Crown3DS ?

the problem is , pokemon games from the DS era always used without encryption
now, there is

soo, if someone manged to edit the save from a nand game, it will be easier then decrypt that signal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag