Gaming Pokémon X and Pokémon Y - Could This Be the Best One?

Do you feel that Game Freak has put in more to make this game better overall?

• Total voters

JPhantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone mentioned they thought pokemon x and y would flop if they were released and it somehow retconned the older games from memory. I disagree but just wanted to state if we were trying to be fair to the franchise you would have to retcon all the games influenced by them as well. in which case this would blow everything out of the water definitely. not that i think it won't anyways of course

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'm not sure...
Could it be the best?
I just don't want that its easy.
With EXP All it makes it easier but i guess i don't need to use it at all.
The next thing is Wifi battles, it needs to have Double Battles with 4 friends.

It would kinda suck if it doesn't have it.

Everything else is good, pokemons, graphics, stuff, just GF don't make it easy please >.< in BW2 Elite 4 was hard and i liked that.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The difficulty is pretty much what you make it. If you arrive at the E4 underleveled (like I did in BW2) you're going to have a somewhat hard time (most of it wasn't that hard, but fuck Iris's Haxorus. That thing could literally oneshot all but one of my Pokemon, and once it used Dragon Dance once it could oneshot everything. And when my friend fought him he just used Dragon Dance like 4 times and died before even attacking >_>). However if you're grinding like crazy, or probably even at the same level as the E4, it'll be pretty easy.
I wish enemy trainers would switch a bit more. Currently they only switch when they have 0 attacks that work IIRC. Even if they have one extremely weak not very effective attack, they'll just keep fighting.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK after having a chance to read over the actual opening to the thread. I'm looking forward to the news games because of all the features but my main draw to them is I'm hoping they are something more like Colosseum or gale of darkness. A lot of my friends missed out on those games and with X and Y have been claiming all kinds of things that we already know the gamecube games did. The first 3D adventure, walking around in the open, more RPG elements.

Outside of my own selfish reasons of "I WISH IT WAS LIKE THESE" I can certainly see where it differs gameplay and aspect wise from those entries and other oldies in the series. An that draws me to them more than hoping to relive an old pokemon game in another light on a handheld. Those new multi battles, the air combat, the way the art flows (in non-chibi cutscenes), and the actual ability to dress your character and make them look fabulous. All have my interest, the last one the most because it looks like you can dress them up anyway you want. With the trainer picture and art changing to fit what you did. I'm curious about clipping though xD like putting on the wrong combination of stuff which looks nice on the model, but the 2D portrait just can't handle it or the other way around.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hell ya this looks like it'll be the best. Most of the reveals so far haven't been disappointing, and the fact that there's finally 3D models is great. The PSS is a nice touch as well. I've changed my pants so many times whenever there's new info being revealed.

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
The Best One?
I think this could be the WORST one in Pokemon history.
They delete good stuff like PWT or Challenge Mode to bring Fairy Type and Mega-Evolutions, both too overpowered.
C'mon, was it necessary to make Garchomp, Blaziken and Lucario EVEN more Overpowered?
You need to PAY if you want to transfer pokes from Gen5, Bulls***. Everything for graphics.
People think diagonal walking is awesome, I remember Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for GBA doing that.
I never criticized a Pokemon game before, X/Y is the first Pokemon game I criticize.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to keep the anime entity separate from the game entity, although, you definitely gave me an article idea... :)

The ending of a pokemon episode reminds me of the ending of a GI Joe episode except in the pokemon case, the advice of the day is BULLSHIT!!! and doesn't even make sense for real life LMAO.

GI Joe kills pokemon actually for that fact of the matter, smurfs even kills pokemon lmfao.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
New is always better.
Though I hope they give us PWT / Frontier / Battle Towers now, instead of just putting them in the third game :/

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Best One?
I think this could be the WORST one in Pokemon history.
They delete good stuff like PWT or Challenge Mode to bring Fairy Type and Mega-Evolutions, both too overpowered.
C'mon, was it necessary to make Garchomp, Blaziken and Lucario EVEN more Overpowered?
You need to PAY if you want to transfer pokes from Gen5, Bulls***. Everything for graphics.
People think diagonal walking is awesome, I remember Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for GBA doing that.
I never criticized a Pokemon game before, X/Y is the first Pokemon game I criticize.
You don't actually need to pay, the first month is free and you can use that to transfer all your pokes. Also, AFAIK nobody knows yet if they removed those things. They could very well make a return. And how is Fairy type overpowered? Also, tons of new stuff got added too. Trainer Customization, the PSS system, Super Training and many other things.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First Pokemon game on the each handheld is never the best.

Gen IV>>>>>>>>V
Exploration was pretty much nonexistent in V, didn't have much secrets like III and IV and both were pretty well done and I loved how they made the pokemon mythology.
Am I the only one who read the books at Canalave Library and was fascinated by the stories of arceus as a kid? That added so much depth and intruige to the game for me.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gen IV>>>>>>>>V
Exploration was pretty much nonexistent in V, didn't have much secrets like III and IV and both were pretty well done and I loved how they made the pokemon mythology.
Am I the only one who read the books at Canalave Library and was fascinated by the stories of arceus as a kid? That added so much depth and intruige to the game for me.

Guess that nobody clicks those things anymore LOL. But yeah, I agree, Gen V was rather weak and lacking in terms of explorability. It's like Final Fantasy XIII, which had NO exploration. :(

Reactions: Ace Overclocked

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
17 years of Pokemon in one image.
fee.png

(I CANT WAIT FOR POKEMON X AND Y ONLY 15 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!)

Reactions: Osha
D

Deleted User

Gen IV>>>>>>>>V

Exploration is hard when dppt are the slowest pokemon games, also B/W actually has a story. DPPT were my most hated games (in the series).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill