PM system bug perhaps?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I've noticed, and read the sticky for the Newcomers group's PM system being disabled due to the Spambots PMing people. Which I understand, but I just got a PM from a Newcomer who wants me to install Free MCBoot. Perfectly fine, and dandy so I reply to him happily agreeing to installing it for him. A few minutes later I end up getting a reply that he's not yet allowed to read PM yet? Is this a glitch in the system that he was able to message me? Or is there some bug going around? Thanks. Specifically the user is @[member='visualnovel']

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D'know. Costello said newcomers can't utilize PMs so it'd be best to mark it as glitch.

I thought as much. Well there username of the Newcomer is there. So if it's that's big of a issue an Administrator can PM him, and ask him how he did it to block any potential Spambots. Sad to have to email someone to talk to them about installing something for them, but I suppose it's for the best.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Apparently the Quick PM feature still allows them to send messages. It probably uses a different check or something. Still doesn't let them read anything though.
I can just disable the Quick PM thing for them, but we really need to work on solving the general problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?