PM block list error

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Guild McCommunist, Sep 9, 2010.

Sep 9, 2010
  1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    First off, what happened to the Forum Bugs forum? If it got trashed in the big forum overhaul then I guess this is the best place.

Alright, so being as ever popular as I am, I've been needing to use my PM block list more as of late. But the problem is while I can add people, I can't block their PMs. When I try to change Message Allow from Yes to No, I get this error:

[​IMG]

And for the record I'm just blocking normal, average members, not staffers or anything so there shouldn't be a problem. I've tried blocking two members, and I get the same error for both.

Any help?

2. Phoenix Goddess

Member Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States
    I had to go to their profile or message, hit PM Block, wait for the option and choose no, this person cannot PM me, instead of yes.

I don't see why that's even an option since it's supposed to be PM block.

3. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Ah, it works for me now doing that, I guess I can't just edit it later. That's odd. Thanks though, I'll just do that from now on.

4. Phoenix Goddess

Member Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States

Yeah, it wouldn't let me edit either, but it works if you start the block all over.

5. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    It was merged with this forum

Anyway, I get this problem as well when editing PM blocks (though I never actually blocked anyone, just tested it for this topic). The yes/no option should probably be removed, cause the Yes option isn't of much use [​IMG]

Well, at least you got a workaround now.