PS5 EDM10 Green Screen & Shutdown after game launch APU, SSD Controller or Southbridge?

dandylionking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, im new to the forum and a little stumped with this repair, ive got a PS5 EDM10 Disc version and while it appears normal (e.g booting, stays on without issue and installs apps and games fine) as soon as i try to launch anything it green screens, lets out a little whine and then powers off, i've already checked through all the voltages and everything is present and nothing is showing any shorts so basically all of my routes trouble shooting wise are a little dim, if anyone could shed some light on this i would be very grateful.

For reference
  • Theres no artifacting so i didnt suspect the APU (Unless its going into a different powerstate when launching the game and theres a core issue causing it to crash)
  • The console is installing games and apps so im assuming the SSD controller is working unless its writing alright but not reading properly
  • The console isnt recording errors when it crashes so i assume this means the South bridge is doing its job
Thanks everyone

dandylionking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They are replaceable , but has to be all 8x same brand(micron/samsung). They are 8x around APU.
Ah right anyway of rooting out the offending chip its easy enough with Matts for Nvida or Tserver for AMD but this one is a bit of a pig in a poke. Thanks

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ah right anyway of rooting out the offending chip its easy enough with Matts for Nvida or Tserver for AMD but this one is a bit of a pig in a poke. Thanks
Nothing fancy like those, all wish to have but nothing.
Isolating suspicious by swapping out chip from least to most difficult is the only way so far.

Reactions: dandylionking

dandylionking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing fancy like those, all wish to have but nothing.
Isolating suspicious by swapping out chip from least to most difficult is the only way so farAh
Looks like its gonna be trial and error i'll nab a few Chips from kasynparts and get to work, might get it under a Thermal scope too just incase theres anything obvious happening. Thanks so much for your help

Phunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like its gonna be trial and error i'll nab a few Chips from kasynparts and get to work, might get it under a Thermal scope too just incase theres anything obvious happening. Thanks so much for your help
Hi, did you manage to solve this problem ? I have 2 edm 010's with exactly the same issues as yours and from what I am reading it seems like a common fault and would love to be able to solve it. I have run both through UART and they have similar codes
One gives 808B00FF Unknown (power) and 808300F0 secure charger error
The other gives 808B00FF Unknown (power) B0088108 Unknown (chip/data) and 808300F0
I have plenty of donor boards to try swapping stuff out but not sure where to start. I had a 2 sec blod last week that turned out to be 1 of the 8 gddr rams and uart told me exactly which ic was the problem so I'm thinking this green screen problem is not main ram.

dandylionking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, did you manage to solve this problem ? I have 2 edm 010's with exactly the same issues as yours and from what I am reading it seems like a common fault and would love to be able to solve it. I have run both through UART and they have similar codes
The other gives 808B00FF Unknown (power) B0088108 Unknown (chip/data) and 808300F0
I have plenty of donor boards to try swapping stuff out but not sure where to start. I had a 2 sec blod last week that turned out to be 1 of the 8 gddr rams and uart told me exactly which ic was the problem so I'm thinking this green screen problem is not main ram.
Hi i've rooted some of the issues to Ram IC's and i went to the extreme of replacing them all and that cleared the issue but as for your "Unknown Power" issues i have a EDM10 reporting the same via TTL so my suspicion is a Ram supply issue though all the 5v lines are intact so possibly something else a foot.

Notedop

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got one with exactly same problem as the second one you mentioned, the one that has the B0088108 error, also green screen when starting a game. Were you able to fix it by replacing the ram?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol