Hardware pls help my switch won't turn on

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that he removed it too fast, maybe that he's used his Switch for days and the capacitors discharged. Remember, we have the sleep bug fix. No reason to interact with the dongle unless you're making changes (adding games, etc.). What TX has never told us is how long the capacitors hold power.
Yeah but what I meant is after the TX device sends the payload, if you let the device connected for a bit it will most likely be charging, but if you remove it from the switch instantly after the payload is sent, it will probably never charge it and after some times it gets fully discharged...

So probably if you always send the payload and keep the device after booting the OS for a few time every time it won't probably get this problem and be always fully charged.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you boot to CFW with the dongle it will probably also charge its capacitors from the Switch it self don't it? Maybe its just when using Auto RCM that it won't charge it as a lot of stuff gets disabled when in RCM.

That's probably what happened he used it just to send the payload in RCM and removed it fast so it never charged after boot...
Yeah but what I meant is after the TX device sends the payload, if you let the device connected for a bit it will most likely be charging, but if you remove it from the switch instantly after the payload is sent, it will probably never charge it and after some times it gets fully discharged...

So probably if you always send the payload and keep the device after booting the OS for a few time every time it won't probably get this problem and be always fully charged.

Negative, TX said the unit charges to 80% almost as soon as the payload is sent. If you see a green light you're at 80%, when this happened to me I saw an amber light for a split second.

Mackyyy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch won’t turn on I have autorcm but my home brew crashed and when I tried to turn it back on (jig and pc) the pc don’t recognize my switch saying “usb device not recognized”

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch won’t turn on I have autorcm but my home brew crashed and when I tried to turn it back on (jig and pc) the pc don’t recognize my switch saying “usb device not recognized”
You need the drivers for it. Do you need the drivers?

danchoi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for all the responds guys. Ok so to make it clear I don't remove it too fast haha. I've tried leaving it in for over an hour and boy did it get warm. Then I turned off the switch booted into rcm... And nothing no life no boot from dongle.
I've also "charged" it via the usb cable again nothing... Sure it boots as soon as I connect the usb cable from my phone, instant payload injection.
:(
Also tried contacting TX team and nothing :/

Oemer609

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Guys

I have the same problem.. i've installed AutoRCM through SX OS on my Switch and when i played a game, my switch froze and since then, I can't boot the console. I tried holding down the +Volume button and injecting the payload via the website methode (using a Mac) but nothing happens. My Mac doesn't either recognize the switch. Before it froze, the switch was displayed as APX but now nothing seems to work. It would be nice if someone could help me I really don't know what to do with my switch now

EDIT: my USB-C adapter was damaged i just used a new usb-c cable and it works now

Last edited by Oemer609,

cagerhager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too ran into the same issue. I am on ofw 1.0 and installed autoRCM via sxos dongle. I went to boot cfw and it froze and now won't turn back on. Any help is greatly appreciated. I downloaded tegra but can't find a way to install the driver.

Edit: I had to push the power button for 15 seconds and it rebooted.

Last edited by cagerhager,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q