[Pledge] Downgrade Project - firmware from 9.50-22 to [VER HERE]

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Unkn0wn, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unkn0wn
    OP

Unkn0wn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2015
    Never mind, I fucked up xD

Margen67 and Gruntzer like this.
  2. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    I believe the 3DS also uses SSL when downloading the updates, and verifies the certs. That first thread was analyzing the original firmware; things have changed since then.

Technicmaster0 likes this.
  3. Gruntzer

Gruntzer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2014
    Libya
    that sounds fishy bro !

4. johnboyjr

johnboyjr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2011
    United States
    if any one wants to buy me a new 3ds i will take one too

logg likes this.
  5. Unkn0wn
    OP

Unkn0wn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2015

Really? Well, I'm gonna try and get my hands on a second hand console if I don't get any pledgers, I guess. I'm still gonna try it anyway. I think it'll work.

If you say so. You telling me that if you wanted homebrew but you're stuck on 9.5 - you wouldn't at least try and do something about it? I did saynon the pledge page that you should pledge only if you trust me. I'm not telling you to do anything.

6. mid-kid

mid-kid GBAtemp spamBOT

Aug 2, 2012
    Yvetal profile picture + 9.5 in the title = TL;DR
    You've made several threads whining about 9.5 by now, with "attempts" to "hack" and make your console useable again.
    Guess what? As long as you don't show that you actually know something useful, people won't help you. And they won't do it for you, either.

...so I read the post. Do you even HTTPS?

7. Unkn0wn
    OP

Unkn0wn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2015

Ok, fine. I'll wait until a new firm is released and attempt doing what I said. If I successfully downgrade, you can go shuv that comment up your ass. I'm not whining about 9.5, I'm just simply sharing ideas and asking people questions, as I am not an expert when it comes to the 3DS scene.

Margen67 likes this.
  8. illicit

illicit GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2010
    United States
    save it for the experts or just buy one thats 9.2 or lower already

SLiV3R likes this.
  9. Unkn0wn
    OP

Unkn0wn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2015

I could save it for the experts, but I doubt anyone is actually working on anything above 9.2 at thr moment. I'm only an expert when it comes to networking and such, which is why I wanted to attempt this. I have an understanding of the update file structure used on the NUS. Apparently title's are downloaded through SSL now, aswell. I guess I'll haft to wait and see, I guess.

Margen67 likes this.
  10. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    So you want us to kickstart buying you another game system where we have no actual reward tiers?

Yeah, no.

porkiewpyne and SLiV3R like this.
  11. illicit

illicit GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2010
    United States
    nobody is working on it because its pointless. there isnt that many people on 9.4 and its easy to find consoles that arent. plus only gateway users are affected. sky3ds still works. theres no point putting all that time and effort into something that just isnt worth it at the moment.

polki and SLiV3R like this.
  12. mid-kid

mid-kid GBAtemp spamBOT

Aug 2, 2012
    Oh never mind, confused you with another guy due to your profile picture.

Still, good luck with spoofing nintendo's SSL certificate, which is checked against the CA cert installed on the 3ds.

13. Unkn0wn
    OP

Unkn0wn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2015

Hey, I never said you had to. Jeez, so much hate on this forum - it's unbelievable. Alternative ideas and suggestions are always welcome but being a bitch is just plain messed up.

Margen67 likes this.
  14. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Giving attitude to people who have legitimate (albeit poorly worded) complaints isn't going to help your case. There are many questions you should answer before people consider donating to you, such as:
    • Is it possible to just copy and paste 9.2 firmware files onto a 9.5 system?
    • Do you have a background in networking, programming, or just hacking in general to allow you to decrypt, encrypt, and redirect the 3DS' connection?
    • Why should people risk their money so you can avoid damaging your 3DS?
    You shouldn't ask people for money when your only reassurance is a hunch that you're capable of doing this. Also, why the heck do you need £170 for a spare 3DS unit?

porkiewpyne likes this.
  15. Unkn0wn
    OP

Unkn0wn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2015

Hey, I understand how SSL works thank you very much. I was going by the understanding that titles are still downloaded through HTTP instead of HTTPS. If titles were still downloaded like that, I wouldn't need to worry about the SSL connection because I'd only be spoofing HTTP connections.

16. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Croatia
    Grand Line
    Doesn't this fall into begging?

logg likes this.
  17. Unkn0wn
    OP

Unkn0wn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2015
    170:

150 for console, 20 for the micro sd as content wouldn't fit.

I don't see it as begging. I'm not saying that people should give me anything. If people are happybenough to support me, I'm not going to stop them. Generous Support != Begging, it's justbbeing nice.

18. marksteele

marksteele GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 16, 2011
    Canada
    hate to say it friend, but you really do need to have some firm credibility before people will just hand you money. Get some credibility by working on some of the current projects then try this

19. Unkn0wn
    OP

Unkn0wn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2015
    I guess you're right on everything else you've said. Seriously though, people seem to have anger management issues on this forum, imo. Always being stuck up and ignorant. Sure I could've posted more info about my background and such, but I guess I don't always think about the little things. Had people been nicer on this forum, I would've updated the initial post with more info.

I guess so. Hey, if I did succeed in doing this - I guess I'll haft to make a proof video of my findings.

Margen67 likes this.
  20. Zerousen

Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

GBAtemp Patron
    Zerousen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 30, 2009
    United States

If you think about it this way, I wouldn't just hand you my money IRL if I didn't know who you were and knew for sure that I would be getting what I paid for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.