Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you're right on everything else you've said. Seriously though, people seem to have anger management issues on this forum, imo. Always being stuck up and ignorant. Sure I could've posted more info about my background and such, but I guess I don't always think about the little things. Had people been nicer on this forum, I would've updated the initial post with more info.
People on this forum (well, everywhere, really) have been scammed before. You joined this forum last month, so you may not know about it, but mention "3DS decapping" to people and they'll tell ya. No one wants to see their hard-earned money go to waste, and trusting some random stranger with it isn't what most people want to do, or even think about.

Also, don't blame other people for not providing enough info/proof in your initial post. It's no one's fault but your own, and there's nothing stopping you from editing it.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you think about it this way, I wouldn't just hand you my money IRL if I didn't know who you were and knew for sure that I would be getting what I paid for.

That's why its a donation. People donate for all sorts of things but do they know of it's being used for? Nope, yet they still do it.

People on this forum (well, everywhere, really) have been scammed before. You joined this forum last month, so you may not know about it, but mention "3DS decapping" to people and they'll tell ya. No one wants to see their hard-earned money go to waste, and trusting some random stranger with it isn't what most people want to do, or even think about.

Also, don't blame other people for not providing enough info/proof in your initial post. It's no one's fault but your own, and there's nothing stopping you from editing it.

I guess... I could edit it, yes. Still, people don't haft to be assholes over this - understanding people who didn't have an attitude problem would be nice. I'm happy to hear peoples pointnof views but they don't haft to be dicks about it. Seriously, is the majority of GBATemp like this? God knows how its become so popular with a userbase of stuckup dickheads.

Asking people to buy you New 3DS and then insulting them when they give well thought-out reasons why they don't want to give you money. You know what's actually insulting? Calling someone a dickhead.

It's you. You were the dickhead all along.

Shutup. I said what I said because every time I read a thread on GBATemp, there's always someone who puts other people down by being sarcastic about things or simply having an attitude towards someone. Well, if that's how people like to be on this forum, then I'll call people whatever I want. If someone pisses me off, I'll happily call them a dick head.

If people were more understanding in the first place and simply provided why they feel the way they do, instead of being a stuck up twat - I wouldn't call people names. Maybe people on GBATemp need to learn to stop being complete pricks, then I wouldn't have a reason to pick on someone else - would I? Most of the people in this forum are not friendly at all - they just use sarcasm wherever they go and make people feel bad. Screw you Tempers (Those of you who make people feel like shit)!

I've seen it all over this dam forum - people making others feel like shit just because they feel like its ok.

Shutup. I said what I said because every time I read a thread on GBATemp, there's always someone who puts other people down by being sarcastic about things or simply having an attitude towards someone. Well, if that's how people like to be on this forum, then I'll call people whatever I want. If someone pisses me off, I'll happily call them a dick head.

If people were more understanding in the first place and simply provided why they feel the way they do, instead of being a stuck up twat - I wouldn't call people names. Maybe people on GBATemp need to learn to stop being complete pricks, then I wouldn't have a reason to pick on someone else - would I? Most of the people in this forum are not friendly at all - they just use sarcasm wherever they go and make people feel bad. Screw you Tempers (Those of you who make people feel like shit)!

I've seen it all over this dam forum - people making others feel like shit just because they feel like its ok.

You don't get it. You have no credibility to go off of to even start receiving funds. I don't offer anything up unless I know for sure something is being worked on or partial work, aka POC. So yes people are going to not agree with what you're wanting to do, or how you are trying to do it. Especially purchasing a N3DS just so you can transfer your saves or whatever over to it. CREATE A BACKUP NAND and BACKUP YOUR SD.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country

Not everyone here's been there for the Decapping fundraiser stuff that happened.
I'm just reacting pissy because his post is not really trustworthy.
If he showed he's actually made some progress before asking money, my reaction would've been way different.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
MY SIG, YOUR THREAD!

(in duke's voice)

Seriously, think about it for.a minute, what you are asking for is simply for random people to buy you a 9.2 or lower 3ds

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not everyone here's been there for the Decapping fundraiser stuff that happened.
I'm just reacting pissy because his post is not really trustworthy.
If he showed he's actually made some progress before asking money, my reaction would've been way different.

Well sorry. I know I should've provided more info! I'm a moron for that, but would be nice if everyone didn't have such an attitude problem. The thing with me is, when I get an idea that seems as if it's gonna work - I rush into it (and it's helped in the past as pretty much all my other projects were a success). People should be nicer towards people on here and provide a confident explanation on how they feel - not be all hyped up and pissed at someone just because they weren't so clear about something. Everyone makes mistakes and it pisses me off when I get the typical GBATemp dickhead who starts being a complete prick.

MY SIG, YOUR THREAD!

(in duke's voice)

Seriously, think about it for.a minute, what you are asking for is simply for random people to buy you a 9.2 or lower 3ds

Hey, either that or someone works with me on this, who has a console with something older than 9.2. Essentially, I need a test device - which is why I started the pledge. If someone else wants to help test the theory with me, that'll be great!

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Well sorry. I know I should've provided more info! I'm a moron for that, but would be nice if everyone didn't have such an attitude problem. The thing with me is, when I get an idea that seems as if it's gonna work - I rush into it (and it's helped in the past as pretty much all my other projects were a success). People should be nicer towards people on here and provide a confident explanation on how they feel - not be all hyped up and pissed at someone just because they weren't so clear about something. Everyone makes mistakes and it pisses me off when I get the typical GBATemp dickhead who starts being a complete prick.

Welcome to the internet.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, either that or someone works with me on this, who has a console with something older than 9.2. Essentially, I need a test device - which is why I started the pledge. If someone else wants to help test the theory with me, that'll be great!
The problem is, you've already admitted that you have a 3DS you can test, but you don't want to use it because you don't want to risk it. What you're basically saying is that you're not confident enough to try it on your own console, because of potential data loss. Imagine how someone who read that feels. If this was someone else's thread, wouldn't you be put off by that?

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Make a NAND dump mod, that way even if you screw up you can recover. <-- That takes care of your need for a new 3DS.

Most people have first worked by themselves without any help from the community, you should start with that.

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is, you've already admitted that you have a 3DS you can test, but you don't want to use it because you don't want to risk it. What you're basically saying is that you're not confident enough to try it on your own console, because of potential data loss. Imagine how someone who read that feels. If this was someone else's thread, wouldn't you be put off by that?

Actually, I can't do it because I'm already on the latest firm. Which is why I stated in the "need" part of the post - "Nintendo to release another update". If Nintendo released another update, my console would try to download it but instead be redirected to my owm server and download those files instead. If someone had a console that IS NOT on the latest firm, I could test it. I can't test it on my console at the moment. LEARN2READ.

The reason why I was asking for another console is because then I can transfer my crap, them when Nintendo release another update - I can attempt the downgrade on my old console. If Nintendo release a new update but I haven't transferred my stuff to another system, I'm at risk of losing my stuff if I attempt to downgrade - a system transfer requires the latest firm and there's no emuNAND on 9.5. See what I mean? If someone has a European console with EmuNAND - they could test it without them risking data loss either - EVERYONE WINS!

So, if no one wants to donate - they could still help with testing on their console with emuNAND.

Make a NAND dump mod, that way even if you screw up you can recover. <-- That takes care of your need for a new 3DS.

Most people have first worked by themselves without any help from the community, you should start with that.

I guess I should put my faith in the NAND mod. I guess I can't be picky...

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your posts are the only ones in this thread that contain swearing and personal attacks.

Just saying...

While everyone else was being sarcastic and rather meaningful. Just saying.

we need kernel access to be able to install a lower version title, sorry.

So not even the updater function would have permission to install older versions.

YamiZee

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Pretty sure the 3ds runs many checks for validity and such to make sure the firmware is valid and above the current firmware. Also why would you need a higher firmware? The 3ds is just going to download that higher firmware instead, unless you somehow switch the files right after it checks, which doesnt sound very easy. Once the system bugs you to update, its probably already downloaded the update to the console, so at that point it wouldnt even care what files are on the server.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So not even the updater function would have permission to install older versions.
yeah, system updates just installs the firmware title by title, checking the current installed version as it goes, this can be pretty much proven as some people had "partially updated" consoles, so in these cases, the main parts of the system had been updated to 7.x+, but still displayed 4.x in the system firmware, for example 1 user had it displaying 4.2, but it had the miiverse icon on the homescreen that was added in 7.x, so they decided to "try" just running a on cart update to update to 4.5........basically it only updated system settings to display 4.5, but the core system still remained at 7.x

basically, you can spoof all you like, the system will still check the content it receives is not older than the current installed FW

Dammit. Well, this thread was a waste of time xD. Too bad there isn't a way to do something to the files so they would be identified as "new".
any modification to the files will break the signature

Reactions: Essometer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show