Homebrew Please I need help with hacked new 3ds xl

Alvarorf250

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, today i bought a new 3ds xl. It was hacked. I didnt know that so i try to unhack it by myself. I was working with a tutorial. It was fine till GodMode9, i cant enter by pressing start and power. I try installing a cia of godmode but a green light bright and sack me from the godmode. Im not understanding what is happening. I update the console, format it but nothing changed. I really need help, im a noob and i think i broke the console. Any help is welcome, please i dont know what to do

livid_hen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which tutorial are you following? (send a link if you can)
GM9 is a .firm, so you chainload it from luma.
If you cannot load into it by holding start while the console is turning on, its likely the GodMode9.firm is in the wrong spot (supposed to be at sd:/luma/payloads) (that, or you don't have luma).

Also, what does it say at the bottom of the bottom screen when you hold select while the console is turning on? Depending on when it was hacked, it may have a different setup than the standard one we use today. The text on that screen should tell what firm0 exploit (B9S is the one used today, A9LH is an older one) and CFW (luma3ds, or others) was used.

Even if you are never going to use any features provided by CFW, uninstalling it is almost never the answer. You will not get banned for having it, and it does not interfere with normal operation at all. There are a bunch of risks to uninstalling CFW, including bricking the console. (can be fixed with NTRBoot and a compatible flashcart, but it costs extra to purchase one, on top of having to find where to purchase a legit one), breaking DS mode, breaking the keyboard, breaking system updates, etc.

Last edited by livid_hen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-