Hacking Please help! Why won't my burns work anymore? They did yesterd

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so last week I dumped 3 Wii games for the first time using Waninkoko's excellent DVD dumper, and they worked perfect using WiiGator's 0.3 Backup Loader (Not sure about the specifics of this loader, I don't think it's the Gamma one though).

A few nights ago I dumped Sonic and the Secret Rings, burned it (Using Nero 6), and it worked great.

Last night, however, I dumped Scarface and burned it, but it wouldn't load and instead gave me a "An error has occured. Turn off your system and consult the game manual" message (But the message was using the Scarface font and style so I'm pretty sure it managed to read at least something off the disk).

There was nothing particularly different about the burning (Took the usual 17 minutes) and the disk was the same kind as the first four (16x DVD-R), although it was from a different box (Same manufacturer/shop I bought it from/etc though).

I was looking at the disk and I noticed that there was a thick "circle" around the inside of the disk. It was the same colour as the disk, just a little darker. I've made a quick diagram to try and show what I mean:

dvdpicvx4.png

The red circle is showing the bit of the disk where it's coloured differently.

I thought "Maybe it just burned the first 500mb or something", but it definitely burned for the usual amount of time and said it burned successfully.

I tried Manhunt 2 (Cut version), and the same thing happened, except it played the intro movie, menu, etc, but stopped reading the disk when it got to the part where I should have been able to start controlling the charecter.

The burn lasted around 17 minutes, but again the disk had the off-coloured circle.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
You might want to try different software for the burning, i assume your previously burned games still work?

PS: It is also highly reccomended to upgrade whatever loader you might be using to Wiigator's 0.3 Gamma, if it does not work you can always try the latest Softchip rev (Custom IOS selection) at your own risk.

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I tried Sonic and the Secret Rings along with some of my earlier backups and they still work.

I don't really think it's the software though, as it was ok last week and it hasn't changed or anything?

Thanks.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
The ring is just the end of a zone in a Z-CLV burn. Update your drive's firmware. Use decent media. Burn at rated speed.

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really? I read that Scarface worked.

Ok, I got the Gamma loader now so I'll try that. Doesn't explain why Manhunt didn't work though?

tweak201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scarface did not work on the beta for me, Updating to cios7, installing gamma channel fixed scarface. BTW,im using a decrypted scarface that worked since loader .01. Got the same error as you to!

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But the DVDs I was using were already working fine?

I'll try imageburn later, along with Gamma. Will report back with results if anything fails.

Thanks!

porchemasi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BRO like i said, i had the same exact problem. The data on the disk (the pits and valleys) become faded and the 0 and 1s are MUCH MUCH HARDER FOR THE WII LASER TO READ !

I have some games on Memormex that use to work aswell!

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to install the latest cIOS from either WiiGator or waninkoko.

The latest cIOS improves compatibility.

Your currently using the cIOS that was used for 0.3 Beta. You need the cIOS to use 0.3 Gamma.

You do not need to use the 0.3 Gamma Channel/HBC DOL, as the 0.3 Beta Channel/HBC DOL will still work with the new cIOS.

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NO WAY!!!

I've spent all weekend being unable to use my Wii as I've been dumping and burning the disk over and over again. Didn't realise I needed a new cIOS. >_<

Thank you so much!

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh wait, one more question:

What's the cIOS file I need, and how do I install it over the one I already have?

From my understanding this doesn't break the rules as I'm not asking for it, but if it is then can someone please let me know or remove this. Thanks.

Zeldafanzero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah! I should note that the red circle thing I mentioned in the first post actually occurs on ALL of my burns! So it was not a problem with the disk after all!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Do rappers rap like Dr. Seuss to sell novels