ROM Hack Please help me find font on Rune Factory 3!

polu178

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone! I'm translating Rune Factory 3(US) into my language. But it not have font.bin file, so i can't edit that font. Please help me to find font of Rune Factory 3(US)
Thank Everyone!
Sorry my bad english!

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little more details for rune factory 3's .arc format. (Someone used to ask me about it because the game I'm hacking also used .arc. However, the formats aren't the same. Here I just quote what I answered him in my PM.)

From the codes, I think you can read the data from 0x000C and read every 8 bytes.
You'll get the offset and the file size and then you can extract the files.

Ex.
At 0x000C you'll get 00000000, 00000104 (you'll have to read the code backward.)
At 0x0014 you'll get 00000104, 00000208

The first file locates at 0xFB14. So just add FB14 to your codes to get the addresses.
Ex. You can extract the first file from 00000000+FB14 = FB14 to 00000104+FB14=FC18
and then you extract the second file from FC18 to FD1C (FB14+0208) and so on...

Reactions: 1 person

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, I have finally written a plugin to unpack and pack the ".arc" file. Inside it there are common nitro formats like NCLR, NCGR, NFTR, BTX, BMD... so you can easily modify them, the text is encoding with other format (I think)..

Here is the link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3981393/Tinke/Tinke%20rev115.zip

Regards!

Reactions: 1 person

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I have finally written a plugin to unpack and pack the ".arc" file. Inside it there are common nitro formats like NCLR, NCGR, NFTR, BTX, BMD... so you can easily modify them, the text is encoding with other format (I think)..

Here is the link: http://dl.dropbox.co...ke%20rev115.zip

Regards!
Thank you for the new version too. :wub:
Now LoveRevo's NCBR & NANR can be viewed with this new version as well.
(I was thinking about asking you for this but I thought you might be busy.)
You should post it at Tinke topic too. I think many people are waiting for the new version's release. :)

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland

Here is the link: http://dl.dropbox.co...ke%20rev115.zip

Regards!
Thank you for the new version too. :wub:
Now LoveRevo's NCBR & NANR can be viewed with this new version as well.
(I was thinking about asking you for this but I thought you might be busy.)
You should post it at Tinke topic too. I think many people are waiting for the new version's release. :)

Yeah, I know, in a few days it will be ready. I want to translate some new buttons and texts to french and spanish, and then I will upload it :)

polu178

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Pleonex, I have found Rune Factory 3 font inside "rf3Archive.arc" by using program of you. Now, i editing them. Thx you very much! :D

SecretChao428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That mist be the format that usse Multi-LZ Compression formatted parts, I know Dragon Quest 9 had this compression method including the section of the anti-piracy area of the code, which is makes it harder to remove the code, but it seems the arc files are a new form of compression used in the arsinal of Nintendo Compression Dev Kits, more so that I think there is one reason to these LZ based arc files,

1, Copy Protection,
2, Impossible to decompress and even decode,
3, Anti-Piracy and Anti-Modification measure,

Something Nintendo is using to battle against the Rom Hackers and Piracy mongers.

And I am sure there will be more unknown Compression Archive formats that Nintendo will come up with to make sure we accept the stuff they give to us, well it seems that is the new plan now.

Moko

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have extracted the rf3archive.arc and modified one file (try to tranlate)
how can i now repack the archive and made a new rom?
use tinke 0.8.3.0 rev 130

Moko

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ups!, sorry the plugin had an error packing the new file.

Use this one. To repack the archive you have to select it and click the button "Pack".
Tinke rev131

Good luck!

Repack works now, Thanks.
But... before changing anything the romsize is 128 MB, after replacing one file (the same that i have extracted without changing) the romsize is 176 MB :(
*confused*
where is my error?

the rom is the EUR Version(BRFP), so that i must first hexedit the RUNEFACTORY3.dll that it recognized the rom

[add]
error found: after repack the rf3archive in tinke, i must manually delete 2 files from the Tinke tempfolder
if i then save the rom it has 123 MB and works fine
[/add]

Sorry my bad english!

Alexandra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

I extract the "rf3Archive.arc" and found rf3Archive.arc_5782.bin, this is a file with Text, i change the text with word pad und repack the rom, but the rom show the old text? I dont understand why? Any one has an Idea? How to edit the Text?

Alexandra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wordpad show this (its an example)

TEXTt  ¨  ¯  µ  »  Á  Æ  Î  Ô  Ú  á  ç  ï  õ  û            &  +  3  ;  B  J  S  Z  a  f  k  q  y    ‡    ”  ›  £  ¨   µ  ¼  à  Ë  Ñ  Ù  à  ç  ð  õ  ú  

&
 B
 I
 O
 W
 ^
 e
 m
 r
 x
 ~
 „
 ‹
 ’
 ™

¦
 ®
 ´
 »
 Ã
 É
 Ð
 ß
 æ
 ì
 ô
 ü

"  )  1  8  >  D  I  O  X  `  g  o  v  }  ‚  ˆ    ”  œ  ¥  «  ±  ¹  Á  Æ  Í  Õ  Ü  ã  ë  ó  ø  þ            %  ,  3  :  @  G  M  U  \  b  h  p  x  €  ‡    “  š  ¡  ª  ±  ·  ½    Ê  Ò  Ù  à  æ  ë  ò  ÷  ÿ          $  *  1  7  @  G  O  T  Z  ^  e  l  s  y    ‡    ˜  Ÿ  §  ®  ´  ¼  à  É  Î  Ô  Ü  â  ç  ï  ô  ü            $  ,  1  6  =  D  K  R  X  _  d  i  p  w  }  „  Š  ‘  š  ¡  ¦    ³  ¸  ¾  Å  Í  Ó  Ü  ã  ë  ò  ø  ÿ          #  *  0  6  <  D  K  P  W  ^  e  l  o  r  u  |  ‚  ˆ    –  œ  ¢  §  ®  ±  ´  ·  º  ½  À  à  Æ  É  Ì  Ï  Ò  Õ  Ø  Û  Þ  á  ä  ç  ê  í  ð  ó  ö  ù  ü  ÿ                        #  &  )  ,  /  2  5  8  ;  >  A  D  G  J  M  P  S  V  Y  \  _  b  e  h  k  n  q  t  w  z  }  €  ƒ  †  ‰  Œ    ’  •  ˜  ›  ž  ¡  ¤  §  ª    °  ³  ¶  ¹  ¼  ¿    Å  È  Ë  Î  Ñ  Ô  ×  Ú  Ý  à  ã  æ Spike Drog Dorf Poke Jak Shozen Krog Brag Robin Arch Jagger Trod Brat Kid Peter Bobby David Joy Arc Groth Sly Sniper Yoichi Ickle Tartar Minorus Norga Kings Mez Goz Grey Marmon Diablo Acks Amon Morbo Merry Marlin Fio Wiz Aramis Sarge Inpel Kargur Karl Panchy Micky Rocky Ricardo Joe Ali Senbei Sokka Isob Gandy Geizer Mordes Alon Shally Ash Killian Antsy Rito Pooshy Bazoo Hatch Himiko Aya Maya Amin Ampy Amson Goran Ziggy Niddy Beat Gilfer Miya Atlas Corkus Herc Venom Daiyo Mikawa Death Afgo Shimmy Shadow Star Sasuke Drakul Kamira Barrel Silva Fenrir Terry Fang Claw Zan Tosh Monstro Rooter Bessy Brutus Gammo Wings Axe Zosh Rocky Ace Doodle Squeeks Bell Chip Fluffy Cotton Dip Harry Spring Lilly Sunny Summer Slammy Aki Trip Trop Freeze Fury Janos Mash Salt Crazy Trish Paddy Gyle Shank Rift Conner Plaid Suff Fuge Raiden Horace Megamo Ratty Gunz Dart Shell Akron Gameran Burns Lava Igni Icy Frosty Tundro Windy Silfy Gale Gos Shade Kyu Chrome Mantha Sachiko Faust Gade Johna Mick Blade Pano Pachori Paddy Biggie Mar Pixy Bo Selky Pansy Howen Mint Citrus Gari Pepper Vinegar Kotch Sheets Yarny Rush Sheets Yarny Rush GMR GMR+ Guardy Kook Doo Hotter Tia Fafnir Niz Ringo Banrino Nori Rook Degan Vinlan Kod Zak Kanid Harga Hetag Kooga Agre Jorju Pol Ges Alvar Stunk Jack Roger Zoro Chico Houston Horky Tak Zeiya Sira Dox Hiro Ganmo Penpen Jent Macaroo Jumbo Keeton Kohan Yuri Nebra Empera Rings Fries Nami Porter Mater Riko Enty Bron Stacia Night Nan Henra Rider Rider Rider @ @ @ Plono Piny Nuts Monni Nosky Lorp Kiku Uki Zukyu @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @

which programm i can edit the file?

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
If you change it with Wordpad there are some data which is broken and lost. That's why the game crashes.
You should use a hex editor. There's lots of them, Tinke even has one included.
I suspect there are pointers too at the beginning of your text.
If you don't want to bother learning them, stick with the same length as the original text
... Not that this will help with German or French, the translated text always end up longer than the English one so... learn about pointers I guess? romhacking.net has some good ressources about these. I suspect the ones here each denote the length of each string.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1