PLEASE HELP Mario Galaxy Won't Work with 1.9g

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by darkpaladinmfc, Nov 9, 2007.

1. darkpaladinmfc
    OP

darkpaladinmfc GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2006
    Can someone please help me. So basically I buy games from this person and he sends them to me. So I got Super Mario Galaxy and the 1.9g update disc and updated. It seems to have updated fine, I get to the galaxy reboot screen and hear the voice. But when I put in Galaxy I get 'Unable to Read the Disc'. Super Mario Galaxy doesn't even come up. Then I got him to send another one which he tested and it still doesn't work even though it worked for him. I have 3.1E and don't know the problem. I've tried the 1.9g update 5 times but SMG still won't work [​IMG].

2. BoneMonkey

BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

Banned
    Dec 9, 2006
    United States
    USA
    so you buy bootleg games and they dont work

* plays the world's smallest violin

3. darkpaladinmfc
    OP

Nov 15, 2006
    I don't think it's the guys fault. He said he tested it and he's sent me loads of games before and all work except Galaxy.

4. Willemoke

Willemoke GBAtemp Regular

Oct 30, 2007
    Netherlands
    Is your region override on? You can turn it on with the wiikey config disc ( it turns off automaticly after you updated to 1.9g.)

5. darkpaladinmfc
    OP

Nov 15, 2006
    Ok I'll try that, I need to buy some DVDs tomorrow though as I'm all out :'(

6. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    i'm guessin he forgot to do regionfrii on it.. AFAIK that's needed for some reason @ mario, even with regionfree @ wiikey on

7. darkpaladinmfc
    OP

Nov 15, 2006
    He said he tested it and it worked.