please help in fixing bricked wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kevin578, Jul 23, 2009.

Jul 23, 2009
  1. Kevin578
    OP

Member Kevin578 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I recently ran dop-ios and installed a patched version of ios60. then, there's a message saying the system files are corrupted. can someone please help me fix this? if it's any help, i have preloader installed, the homebrew channel, and a wiikey modchip.

more info: there is no health/safety screen, just the corrupted files message. also, the message is sorta pixelated, and doesn't load completely.

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    re install preloader and it should go away.

Did you not read the instructions that came with the new dop-ios?

Marc has released Dop-IOS v6. Dop-IOS lets you download and install any IOS from Nintendo servers. You can also apply the trucha bug to them. Is there a brick risk using this? Yes, Any application that modifies NAND can brick your console. Be careful when you are going to 'dop' the IOS that your System Menu uses. A power cut during installation can brick your Wii. Also, don't try to 'dop' IOS60 if you are using Preloader, because you can get a brick.
    Quote:
    Features:
    Download any IOS from Nintendo servers
    Select between oldest version or newest version of any IOS
    You can apply the signature hash check (trucha) again
    You can also apply ES_Identify function patch to IOS36 (useful for AnyTitle Deleter and >3.4 users)
    Protection: you cannot install stubs. You could get a brick if you install an stub IOS that your System Menu uses. If you want them, just update through Wii menu or disc.
    Stores files on SD: you can reuse all your downloaded IOS with Dop-IOS or another application.
    Shows your IOS versions
    What's new?

- Added support for IOS57.
    - Cleaner code.

3. Kevin578
    OP

United States
    I missed that warning [​IMG] sorry

but how do i reinstall preloader? i missed my opportunity to reinstall it after i quit out of dop-ios and turned off my wii. now, when i turn it on, it just displays that error message and i can't lauch the homebrew channel through the system menu. if i can boot into the homebrew channel, i can reinstall it. Is this still possible?

4. icebrg5

United States
    hold down the reset button as soon as you turn on your wii.It will load preloader.Then boot into HBC and reinstall preloader.

5. Kevin578
    OP

United States
    yup, that fixed it! [​IMG] thank you! I'll be more careful in the future. luckily this brick wasn't too serious.

6. icebrg5

United States
    No problem.

A lot of people had the same problem when system menu 4.0 came out.

They installed 4.0 then preloader,then the patched ios60 to play vc/wii ware from sd.

When they should have installed the patched ios60 before installing 4.0

I did it as well.