Hacking Please Help! Having issues with new Acekard 2i

Newerabs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok first off yes I'm a n00b at all this.
I recently picked up a DSi XL, I then bought a Acekard 2i card from ndsgamer.com. I just got the card. I followed their "how to flash your microSD" instructions from the ndsgamer website. I downloaded the 1.8.9 menu and the loaders. I did everything exactly as it was laid out in the video.
But when I put my card in to my dsi xl it says that there is no card inserted. It's not reading it.
I did do a little investigation and I found that some Acekards have contact issues, I tried some of what they suggested and still no luck.
I'm on 1.4.4u and I'm wondering if I'm missing something, do I have to update the firmware or something like that? Like I said I'm very new at this and any help would be appreciated. If you want to send me to some links that's fine.
Thanks.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Did you try the contact solution where you put paper between the pins and the acekard's back shell? To push the connection part closer to the DSiXL's pins, not the whole cart.

If so and it's still not being read, sounds like it's DOA, you'll want to return it to the shop as a faulty product.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already