Hacking Please don't laugh at me, take pity if you can !!!

gsusx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've succesfully managed to re-mod (4.1) (hurrah)a wii for my nephew (bless him) i've even got the usb loader working and backupped all of his games (he's chuffed to bits !!!)

The thing is I bought my sister (his mother) Your Shape for Christmas. This requires a Wii update for the software to work, whilst I may be a bit silly, im not that silly that i'd update it !!!!!

I thought id do some reading though about updating a wad file ios58-64 v5918, so i went to wad manager updated this but still no joy with the camera

worse still when i power down the wii power it back on nothing happens, the disc drive makes a couple of whirring noises but nothing.

the only thing i can do is hold down the power and reset button together.

from here i can load my usb loader, if i try and load wii system menu nothnig happens, but when i try to run homebrew it tells me its not installed, although if i load the usb loader or i can get back into wii system menu and from there i can get back into the homebew channel no probs

what have i done (apart from be a complete idiot and messed everything up) can I save the wii ?

thanks as always
smile.gif

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You are probably referring to preloader.
Preloader 0.4 is known for not being able to load the HBC from it's menu.

To be clear : Do you have a black screen now?

also: do you want to load the game with usb loader?
and : can you play the game from disc?

IMPROTANT : CAN YOU ACCES THE WII SETTINGS?

gsusx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi People !!!

Okay it's a white screen with a few options, im not at home at the moment but im 99.9% sure when i hold down power and reset and it boots to this.

Okay i'll do my best

When I press the power button nothing happens. I get a blue screen on my samsung tv as if the wii hasn't powered up, yet the disc drive makes a few noises.

Holding down power and reset lets me into priiloader.

I can get into the wii system menu, so i assume getting into wii settings wont be a problem.

When I try to play the game via usb loader i get the safety message then i get a black screen saying the camera isn't connected, its connected to the inner of the two usb ports as my usb hdd is plugged into the outer one.

If i try and load the game through the wii system menu (via the official disc channel) it is telling me i need to perform an update to run the game. Obviously I'm not going to do that

I can't lie i am very much a noob at all this, i really get a little bit daunted by the talk of different cios etc ... i was chuffed (and slightly amazed) i got it working int the first place

ps

ive just had a thought

to get it to boot again should i just goto the sd card on the wii system menu and re-intsall boot.dol ?

gsusx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gonna give all of these a go tonight, thanks for all your help people
smile.gif

really really do appreciate it .....

wiiLike2Hacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gsusx said:
gonna give all of these a go tonight, thanks for all your help people
smile.gif

really really do appreciate it .....
I was actually reading about up this issue yesterday; and read that Your Shape actually needs IOS58-64-v6176 function properly. I'd recommend you checkout narse1979's thread over at wiihacks for the lastet IOS'; all in wad form.

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gsusx said:
I've succesfully managed to re-mod (4.1) (hurrah)a wii for my nephew (bless him) i've even got the usb loader working and backupped all of his games (he's chuffed to bits !!!)

The thing is I bought my sister (his mother) Your Shape for Christmas. This requires a Wii update for the software to work, whilst I may be a bit silly, im not that silly that i'd update it !!!!!

I thought id do some reading though about updating a wad file ios58-64 v5918, so i went to wad manager updated this but still no joy with the camera

worse still when i power down the wii power it back on nothing happens, the disc drive makes a couple of whirring noises but nothing.

the only thing i can do is hold down the power and reset button together.

from here i can load my usb loader, if i try and load wii system menu nothnig happens, but when i try to run homebrew it tells me its not installed, although if i load the usb loader or i can get back into wii system menu and from there i can get back into the homebew channel no probs

what have i done (apart from be a complete idiot and messed everything up) can I save the wii ?

thanks as always
smile.gif

Your Shape for Christmas? I wasn't aware that was a Wii game. ^_~

In all honesty, though, the above suggestions are all good.

EmbraceFiction

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Did you get your Wii working?

You have a few reasonable options to choose from.

Personally,

I would choose to install 222, and boot from that. Which is what "ThePowerOutage" suggested.

troy512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
currently the only method to load Your Shape is using disc channel. either original or darkcorp. however, with cIOSX-rev21 and IOS58 support this may change in the near future.

since you can access HBC you should follow modmii to update everything.

gsusx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Okay finally got round to having a proper look. Installed 222. This made no difference, but I did download priiloader 0.6 and what do you know it only worked !!! So the wii is now again booting to the wii menu from the off. Thank you so much everyone

On the yourshape problem. No change there I'm afraid. It's still asking for a wii system update in the wii system menu even after installing the wads that have been mentioned.

When I try to play it from the USB loader it begins to load but then gets to the heal and safety screen then comes back with a black screen with an about the USB cam.... So I'm still stuck here, but on the plus side thanks to all the people who took the time to reply, you saved my bacon. Cheers

gsusx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
troy512 said:
currently the only method to load Your Shape is using disc channel. either original or darkcorp. however, with cIOSX-rev21 and IOS58 support this may change in the near future.

since you can access HBC you should follow modmii to update everything.

Problem is. When I tried to load the original disc from the disc channel it keeps telling me to update
frown.gif

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gsusx said:
Problem is. When I tried to load the original disc from the disc channel it keeps telling me to update
frown.gif

in priiloader (hold reset immediately after pressing the power button), you're gonna need to enable the block disc update hack....might as well enable block online updates, remove no copy save protection, replace healthscreen with backmenu, and region free everything as well....

do you have a hacks_hash.ini file in the root of your SD card? ...you're gonna need that to get your hacks list.....

once you enable the block disc update hack, you can play from the disc without the update prompt...

ha....i totally ninja'd you OverjoY....
smile.gif

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gsusx said:
On the yourshape problem. No change there I'm afraid. It's still asking for a wii system update in the wii system menu even after installing the wads that have been mentioned.

Enable both "Block disc updates" and "Block online updates" in Priiloader.

For this you'll need a hacks_hash.ini file in the root of your SD-card. You can get that file here.

QUOTE(brausm08 @ Jan 12 2011, 11:42 PM) ha....i totally ninja'd you OverjoY....
smile.gif

Yep.. Getting older I gues..
unsure.gif

But I provided the link to the hacks_hash file so it's not all wasted time
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only people who turn green need to see a doctor.