Hardware PlayStation 4 OR n3DSXl?

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Bonestorm How dare you! c: I see a few games that aren't PS4 exclusive games on your list! Shame on you! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yakuza 0 and Persona 5 aren't exclusive. ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're out because the only thing you could prove is that at least by the time PS4 was out, at least the PS3 outsold something. That's the best contribution to the topic you were able to come up with besides attacking me because you hate facts and realized how much of a sheep you are. You haven't been able to show why the OP should get a PS4 instead, except "muh sales" and even this is flawed, since the 3DS outsells the PS4.
wtf dude do you live in reality

3ds 6 years =60 mil sales
PS4 3 years = 60 mil sales

I love the 3DS but stop it.

Also i've already proved more than enough. Im outie 5000

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hahahah is this a joke? Parapoa the rapper is a remaster, nier automata is a dubious sequel to a meh game, persona 5 is coming out for PS3 too, horizon dawn is from the guys who made killzone and have like 0 experience in open world rpg-like games, gran turismo has been long since destroyed by Forza Motorsport, besides Nioh and Gravity Rush you put out a lot of titles most people, probably not even you, are interested in and are never going to buy.

The list sony out out proves that, dominant games on PS4 are EA games, Minecraft, Rocket League and othet PC ports lol.

No arguments still.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wtf dude do you live in reality

3ds 6 years =60 mil sales
PS4 3 years = 60 mil sales

I love the 3DS but stop it.

Also i've already proved more than enough. Im outie 5000

Oh but the PS3 outselling something only after PS4 came out is totally cool?

And yet you have no bias and hate fanboyism? Haha

Nice try, but no.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Biggest argument is, PS4P will be cheaper in a years time. How much does a Wii U cost? Almost as much as PS4P. It isn't completely about the games, it's more toward, 'buy the system that won't cost a tit and a sack.'
I was kicking myself for turning down a FE LE N3DS XL because I thought, 'pfft, I'll buy it later, how much more would I have to pay?' and that still haunts me.

I actually bought a PS3 in 2015--$100.00 and all the great games that I waited for.
So yeah, get a N3DS XL in a cool color and even if you don't like it, someone else will pay a higher price for it.
----
BTW, some peeple took 'exclusives' the wrong way. Think of it as, 'why should I buy this system over another system that does the same thing?' The big PS4 win is game share.....if you've got a really good (100mb/sec) internet connection. On top of that, the hack scene might get better and HDDs can get cheaper later in the year
One great aspect of 3ds, online can be as low as 50kb/sec in some games. You can play with minimal lag at 100kb/sec in Smash. Hope your opponents connection is a bit faster, though.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

hunoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive got taxes coming so me purchasing one or the other will make me happy either way.

Biggest argument is, PS4P will be cheaper in a years time. How much does a Wii U cost? Almost as much as PS4P. It isn't completely about the games, it's more toward, 'buy the system that won't cost a tit and a sack.'
I was kicking myself for turning down a FE LE N3DS XL because I thought, 'pfft, I'll buy it later, how much more would I have to pay?' and that still haunts me.

I actually bought a PS3 in 2015--$100.00 and all the great games that I waited for.
So yeah, get a N3DS XL in a cool color and even if you don't like it, someone else will pay a higher price for it.
I was planning on just getting the standard red n3DS Xl, the file attached.

Attachments

• images (5).jpg
    images (5).jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 149
Last edited by hunoi,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
None of which are on the 3DS, so your point is completely moot. I'm sorry that you don't like good games, I guess.

As much as I understand your point and I agree that the PS4 console is the one which brings him something new, would it strike as you as a surprise if I came up with an equivalent 3DS list and state that none of the titles are present on the PS4? And I could bet I'd probably be interested in more than half of the 3DS list, hence the only game on that Sony list I bought on my PS4 is Battlefield 4, and didn't even like it much. If those games on Sony's list are the good games he could get a Xbox One as well, and as a bonus have backwards compatibility, good online subscription games, ea access, a great controller and controller batteries that last 3 - 4 times more than Dualshock 4 ones. It's a good thing you can enjoy your PS4, because outside of street fighter 5 and tales of zestiria there is nothing I enjoy on mine.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was planning on just getting the standard red n3DS Xl, the file attached.

That's okay. I definitely like the color of the buttons. Dream goal: collecting the 'A' of he red, the 'X' of the blue, the 'B' of Pikachu, and I await a green system for 'Y'. Then, replace all the buttons on my current LOZ:H.

I definitely recommend a case+protectors to avoid smudges and smears; N3DS XL looks so damn nice when it's pristine.

D

Deleted-379826

I own both. A N3DS XL and O3DS XL at that. I love my 3ds, I love my PS4. I can tell you upfront you're not missing out on anything by sticking with your old3ds. Binding of Isaac is multiplatform and Xeno blade is on the wii. The upcoming fire Emblem warriors is only a spin-off but can still be fun. A PS4 on the other hand will get you a library of games that you haven't or can't play anywhere else. Even if as people say not many, it's still a lot more than the 3ds. In the end the brand new experience is easily worth it over the exact same experience but with yet another price tag.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As much as I understand your point and I agree that the PS4 console is the one which brings him something new, would it strike as you as a surprise if I came up with an equivalent 3DS list and state that none of the titles are present on the PS4? And I could bet I'd probably be interested in more than half of the 3DS list, hence the only game on that Sony list I bought on my PS4 is Battlefield 4, and didn't even like it much. If those games on Sony's list are the good games he could get a Xbox One as well, and as a bonus have backwards compatibility, good online subscription games, ea access, a great controller and controller batteries that last 3 - 4 times more than Dualshock 4 ones. It's a good thing you can enjoy your PS4, because outside of street fighter 5 and tales of zestiria there is nothing I enjoy on mine.
That must be really sad lol. Street Fighter 5 is a good game, although the price tag is questionable and Tales of zestiria doesn't compare to any of the other Tales games. This is all you enjoy? Come on you clearly haven't tried any games at all.

Reactions: netovsk

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That must be really sad lol. Street Fighter 5 is a good game, although the price tag is questionable and Tales of zestiria doesn't compare to any of the other Tales games. This is all you enjoy? Come on you clearly haven't tried any games at all.

Haha there is a catch, I buy multiplatform almost only on Xbox One. I bought SF5 for around 20$ and it was well worth it. At some point it was the only title making me hold on to the PS4 (I love capcom, yes).

Reactions: Deleted-379826

hunoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own both. A N3DS XL and O3DS XL at that. I love my 3ds, I love my PS4. I can tell you upfront you're not missing out on anything by sticking with your old3ds. Binding of Isaac is multiplatform and Xeno blade is on the wii. The upcoming fire Emblem warriors is only a spin-off but can still be fun. A PS4 on the other hand will get you a library of games that you haven't or can't play anywhere else. Even if as people say not many, it's still a lot more than the 3ds. In the end the brand new experience is easily worth it over the exact same experience but with yet another price tag.
I have stated this alot, my o3DS is on its death bed. the cartridge slot refuses to read games half the time, Charger port is very picky etc.
ive never had the experience of any of the XL's but if im gonna buy an XL im gonna get the *new* version.
PS4 is something ive wanted for awhile but have struggled with the thought of it being a very bad investment, many of the opinions on this thread have been very biased. yours and maybe 2 other comments haven't.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
new 3DS. The PS4 is near useless and has a very very small diversity of games. It's more of a media console than anything. Kingdom Hearts 3 tho.

the new 3DS is a huge improvement over the old, in addition, much smoother and completely portable. Build quality, placements of buttons, ect, it feels like an actual modern device, unlike the old 3DS family. The other features like improved 3D, battery life, video streaming, and "over"clock if you get cfw, make it great. It's also an emulation powerhouse. SNES, NES, PS1, GB/C/A, Master System, Genesis, ect.

Reactions: netovsk and hunoi

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have stated this alot, my o3DS is on its death bed. the cartridge slot refuses to read games half the time, Charger port is very picky etc.
ive never had the experience of any of the XL's but if im gonna buy an XL im gonna get the *new* version.
PS4 is something ive wanted for awhile but have struggled with the thought of it being a very bad investment, many of the opinions on this thread have been very biased. yours and maybe 2 other comments haven't.
No one has really commented on the change when going from standard size to XL. I don't have any experience with this myself, but having an n3ds and doing long gaming sessions on it, I'm finally starting to realise that my hands have grown since I was a kid playing on the dslite for hours without problems. Many times I've been thinking if the xl wudda been better for me now that I'm older, especially when using the n3ds dpad, which gets really uncomfortable after a few hours.

So as arguement for picking up the n3dsxl down the line I would say that you'll be able to pick it up and play on it later in your life (I don't know if you're already 30+, tho..)

Ps. It makes me laugh that 90% of the posts here are about PS4 vs the World...

Last edited by Zense,
D

Deleted User

You know. I suggest you not to buy 3ds xl or ps4. Just wait for Nintendo switch or xbox one scorpio. for me and this is my opinion. the best console ever is the console that i don't have - ps3 60gb. and i did mistake that i didn't ask my parents to buy me this ps3 instead of psp back then. i loved my psp but nowadays it's much more difficult and expensive to find ps3 60gb in new condition than psp. ps4 not come even close to that. i also want to tell you what i think is the worst console. and no it's not the virtual boy. it's called "ps4 pro".
this is the biggest trash i ever seen. This isn't a real upgrade. 4k gaming? Really. Who needs this shi*. It looks exactly the same. and most of the people don't even have 4k tv.

The only reason you should buy ps4 is if you like their exclusive. Now how many sony ps4 exclusive games i would like to play? Zeeerooo.

Last edited by ,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You know. I suggest you not to buy 3ds xl or ps4. Just wait for Nintendo switch or xbox one scorpio. for me and this is my opinion. the best console ever is the console that i don't have - ps3 60gb. and i did mistake that i didn't ask my parents to buy me this ps3 instead of psp back then. i loved my psp but nowadays it's much more difficult and expensive to find ps3 60gb in new condition than psp. ps4 not come even close to that. i also want to tell you what i think is the worst console. and no it's not the virtual boy. it's called "ps4 pro".
this is the biggest trash i ever seen. This isn't a real upgrade. 4k gaming? Really. Who needs this shi*. It looks exactly the same. and most of the people don't even have 4k tv.

The only reason you should buy ps4 is if you like their exclusive. Now how many sony ps4 exclusive games i would like to play? Zeeerooo.
I know this is off topic, but I've decided to buy a dualshock controller for the pc and play whatever ps3 games I want on Playstation Now on the PC. Maybe if this didn't exist I would consider buying a ps3 far into the future.

D

Deleted User

I know this is off topic, but I've decided to buy a dualshock controller for the pc and play whatever ps3 games I want on Playstation Now on the PC. Maybe if this didn't exist I would consider buying a ps3 far into the future.
ps now is great feature i think. credit to sony. but where is little big planet? why it doesn't there?

Reactions: Zense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay