Hardware PlayStation 4 OR n3DSXl?

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ps now is great feature i think. credit to sony. but where is little big planet? why it doesn't there?
Not to mention Beyond Good & Evil HD. I believe these games will be added soon enough, there's just been a lot to add from this large library of games (of course I don't agree with their prioritizing, but they've still got a lot of gems there).

Edit: To make this more on topic, you can enjoy psnow on the ps4 (as far as I know), which makes getting the ps4 an even better decision.

Last edited by Zense,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@sergey3000
The PS3 OG REV.0 was good, but prone to YLOD and other failures. It's like the X360 and RROD. Once the PS4/P gets emulators, it has the potential to be the best. I'd love a system that could definitely run Chankast, as well as other emu's. 4K isn't big right now, but in three years, it won't matter. Curved TV'e are the fail, unless you share a couch with people you mildly-dislike and force them to sit on the ends.

All of this is still a far-off promise.

D

Deleted User

Not to mention Beyond Good & Evil HD. I believe these games will be added soon enough, as there's a lot to add from the large library of games (of course I don't agree with their prioritizing, but they've still got a lot of gems there).

Edit: To make this more on topic, you can enjoy psnow on the ps4 (as far as I know), which makes getting the ps4 an even better decision.
i also can enjoy it on my pc and on psvita.

Reactions: Zense

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My vote goes to the PS4. You won't be disappointed either way, but I find myself using my PS4 a lot more.

There are good games for it in all genres, from music to puzzle. Idk how people can say it's 90% shooters or not diverse.

hunoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention Beyond Good & Evil HD. I believe these games will be added soon enough, there's just been a lot to add from this large library of games (of course I don't agree with their prioritizing, but they've still got a lot of gems there).

I'm sorry if i sound stupid, but what is this PS Now?

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sorry if i sound stupid, but what is this PS Now?
It is a subscription service to play ps3 games streamed, either on your pc, psvita or ps4. It works pretty well and it has almost 500 games from the PS3 library (Games of which I want to play are Ni no kuni, Journey and Eternal Sonata). It has a 7-day trial period that I'm gonna use and try to beat all those games in order to avoid paying anything :grog:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationnow/

hunoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a subscription service to play ps3 games streamed, either on your pc, psvita or ps4. It works pretty well and it has almost 500 games from the PS3 library (Games of which I want to play are Ni no kuni, Journey and Eternal Sonata). It has a 7-day trial period that I'm gonna use and try to beat all those games in order to avoid paying anything :grog:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstationnow/
How much is the subscription?

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How much is the subscription?
1 Month 19.99$
3 Months 44.99$

The way I see it, paying 19.99$ for 3-4 games (that I don't mind if I don't own) isn't bad at all. If these games were on steam I'd probably have to cash out at least 10$ each, plus having the subscription will probably force me to play through them and not let them collect dust in my library (like 50% of my steam games).

In addition, new games come out every month (6 games as far as I can see).

Last edited by Zense,

hunoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 Month 19.99$
3 Months 44.99$

The way I see it, paying 19.99$ for 3-4 games (that I don't mind if I don't own) isn't bad at all. If these games were on steam I'd probably have to cash out at least 10$ each, plus having the subscription will probably force me to play through them and not let them collect dust in my library (like 50% of my steam games).

In addition it new games come out every month (6 games as far as I can see).

Sounds pretty damn decent, I'll definitely keep this in mind for my decision.

I just Fear that I'll make my decision and regret it instantly, I'm one of those people that makes decisions and overthinks 'em afterwords.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sounds pretty damn decent, I'll definitely keep this in mind for my decision.

I just Fear that I'll make my decision and regret it instantly, I'm one of those people that makes decisions and overthinks 'em afterwords.
As long as you've overthought the decisions before making them, then I see no reason to regret. You've done what you could to make sure you made the right choice for you ;)

hunoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any good places to buy a PS4 Second hand at a reasonable price? or is that against forum rules.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I know this is off topic, but I've decided to buy a dualshock controller for the pc and play whatever ps3 games I want on Playstation Now on the PC. Maybe if this didn't exist I would consider buying a ps3 far into the future.

Considering how cheap a 2nd hand ps3 is and PS Now goes for 20$ a month (up to 240$/yr), not sure it's a good value. They got a good library but then again ps3 games are cheap nowdays (ni no kuni is at 5$ now if I'm not mistaken), you'd have to play PS Now hardcore to get your money's worth.

A PS3 would be a good choice for op, were it on the table.

Reactions: hunoi

hunoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt anyone here even cares about my decision, but i believe i'm gonna go with the PS4 due to the 3DS's lifespan only being guaranteed another year and to the PS4 having more games i'm willing to sit down and finish. It can all change when i walk into the store tomorrow.

Reactions: CLOUD9RED

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I doubt anyone here even cares about my decision, but i believe i'm gonna go with the PS4 due to the 3DS's lifespan only being guaranteed another year and to the PS4 having more games i'm willing to sit down and finish. It can all change when i walk into the store tomorrow.

Stick with the PS4 (I would go for Pro) or why don't you wait for the Switch in a few weeks? (It will replace the 3DS at some point)...

Reactions: hunoi

hunoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stick with the PS4 (I would go for Pro) or why don't you wait for the Switch in a few weeks? (It will replace the 3DS at some point)...
The Switch is in the plans of me purchasing when i receive my said taxes, However i wont be purchasing the pro as it is WAY out of my budget for tomorrow. 399$ Dejesus That's crazy.

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
The Switch is in the plans of me purchasing when i receive my said taxes, However i wont be purchasing the pro as it is WAY out of my budget for tomorrow. 399$ Dejesus That's crazy.

I would not buy anything now then if you're planning to buy a switch eventually. I would save up my money for other fun stuff then. What about an unforgettable travel?
Because now it seems like you would buy 2 cars while one person can only ride one at a time, no? :-)

hunoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would not buy anything now then if you're planning to buy a switch eventually. I would save up my money for other fun stuff then. What about an unforgettable travel?
Because now it seems like you would buy 2 cars while one person can only ride one at a time, no? :-)
I've been wanting a playstation 4 for awhile, just never had the funds until now. Purchasing the switch Won't be an issue for my budget when the time comes to get it.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's cool, since you said you were looking forward to JRPGs, this is a good week to get your PS4. Exist Archive and final fantasy games are on sale. I think there'll be a flash sale this weekend too

hunoi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool, since you said you were looking forward to JRPGs, this is a good week to get your PS4. Exist Archive and final fantasy games are on sale. I think there'll be a flash sale this weekend too
really? FF? i started playing FF Advanced tactics last night.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended