Playing PAL Metroid Prime 3 with a PAL wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by King_jim19, Dec 30, 2007.

Dec 30, 2007
  1. King_jim19
    OP

Newcomer King_jim19 Newbie

United Kingdom
    After doing alot of searching I am completely baffled by this problem.

I have got a PAL wii with wiikey installed and have updated the wiikey with 1.9b and 1.9g.
    I have updated to the most current firmware for the wii 3.1e through the internet and my backed up games all work perfectly well.

Now heres the crux to my problem....

I have got a PAL version of Metroid Prime 3 corruption and was wondering if i can play it in my wii without the duplicate channels?

I have read in detail the metroid trick which avoids the duplicate channels, where you make a brick blocked and region friid game disk and eventually unplugging the power when the update is about 10 to 15%.
    However, I was wondering if the update would still work and cause duplicate channels, even though I am using a game from the same region and that my wii is updated to 3.1e?

I am really stumped with this since the majority of posts i have read seems to concern the problem of playing the ntsc metroid prime on a PAL wii.

I am also wondering if an original game rather than a 'back up' of metroid prime would cause the duplicate channels?

sorry but i am really stumped....

Thanks

2. tomqman

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    nope your all set no duplicate channels. just play away. pal on pal will be fine

3. King_jim19
    OP

Newcomer King_jim19 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks...

I just tried the metroid prime and it worked perfectly.... without the duplicate channels....

one more question though....

Is it safe to say that this would be the same with a super mario galaxy back up, where there will be no duplicate channels?

Thanks again

4. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    pal on pal is always fine no matter what