Hacking Playing DS games on a 3DS using DSTwo

DuoMaxwell007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does using DSTWO on a 3DS to play ROM dumps make me unable to do anything I could do if I used my regular DS cartridge instead? i,e If I wanted to play a DS game online (lets say pokemon black 2) on my 3DS using the ingame interface could I do that or would I have to do something "special" to get online play to work if Im using DSTwo?

Lastly would I be abl eto play online and normally with those who arent using flashcarts/roms?

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the flash card doesn't have an infrared port, you won't be able to do any IR trading/etc on Pokemon Black/White 1/2.

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the pokemon games you also won't have access to the Pal Park to transfer pokemon from older games. I also can't seem to get Pokemon Pearl on the DSTWO to connect to My Pokemon Ranch or Pokemon Battle Revolution on the Wii.

But wifi works fine. I trade pokemon over wifi all the time on my DSTWO.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
online works fine on both 3ds and ds with flash cart. but as people pointed out you don't have access to dsi features and ir ports on cartridges.
You know... If a 3DS exploit hits the public with enough potential, it mig be possible to forward IR traffic to the 3DS IR ports. However, Im not sure how well this will work (if at all) in a environment where the hardware de activates itself to the point where it's just a DS, so virtualization would probably be required at the least, and emulation I think would be too hard to pull off on the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2