Playing DS games on a 3DS using DSTwo

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DuoMaxwell007, Jun 9, 2013.

1. DuoMaxwell007
    OP

DuoMaxwell007 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    Antioch, Tennessee
    does using DSTWO on a 3DS to play ROM dumps make me unable to do anything I could do if I used my regular DS cartridge instead? i,e If I wanted to play a DS game online (lets say pokemon black 2) on my 3DS using the ingame interface could I do that or would I have to do something "special" to get online play to work if Im using DSTwo?

Lastly would I be abl eto play online and normally with those who arent using flashcarts/roms?

2. 2ndApex

2ndApex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Your flashcart will perform just like it does on a DS Lite or DSi.

3. DuoMaxwell007
    OP

DuoMaxwell007 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2013
    United States
    Antioch, Tennessee
    soo online play would work as itented without having to do anything special or get special homebrew?

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Wifi works just fine. Just don't let the 3DS update.

5. GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2013
    United States
    If the flash card doesn't have an infrared port, you won't be able to do any IR trading/etc on Pokemon Black/White 1/2.

6. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    some games are dsi enhanced games,
    you will NOT have access to the dsi enhanced stuff when you play the rom on the Supercard dsTWo

7. reprep

reprep GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    online works fine on both 3ds and ds with flash cart. but as people pointed out you don't have access to dsi features and ir ports on cartridges.

8. Zaide

Zaide GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    For the pokemon games you also won't have access to the Pal Park to transfer pokemon from older games. I also can't seem to get Pokemon Pearl on the DSTWO to connect to My Pokemon Ranch or Pokemon Battle Revolution on the Wii.

But wifi works fine. I trade pokemon over wifi all the time on my DSTWO.

9. Thorhian

Thorhian My CPU's prefer Water

May 23, 2012
    United States
    Shazezar
    You know... If a 3DS exploit hits the public with enough potential, it mig be possible to forward IR traffic to the 3DS IR ports. However, Im not sure how well this will work (if at all) in a environment where the hardware de activates itself to the point where it's just a DS, so virtualization would probably be required at the least, and emulation I think would be too hard to pull off on the 3DS.