Hacking Play wii games on wii u

N28582R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, Nintendo managed to emulate the wii u gamepad on the vWii?? X_X
I don't know since I haven't looked at the Wii games in the eShop. (Because I don't have one of them) But yes, I think Nintendo managed to get the Wii U gamepad working in the "special" vWii.

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know since I haven't looked at the Wii games in the eShop. (Because I don't have one of them) But yes, I think Nintendo managed to get the Wii U gamepad working in the "special" vWii.
Not surprising, considering it's their software to begin with anyway. But maybe these games could be used as a template for hackers to get it working system-wide? Only speculation, of course.

EDIT: Maybe similar (in concept, I'm aware they work differently, but I'm not a programmer or hacker, so I don't know how it works) to how the GC adapter wasn't intended to be used in the vwii, but ended up being added to nintendont?

I would assume it would be added into something like USBLoader GX if it's not currently possible to get these types of things running on the sysmenu. (VWii)

Last edited by Bkool999,

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope ain't possible.
The only way you could do so is if someone made a hack where the Wii U Gamepad links up to the Wii Console somehow wirelessly, or with USB Cables (Idk if that's even possible.)

Maybe your on to something with the Wii Gamepad thing. But I would just prefer using the Wii for Wii Games, and the Wii U for Wii U Games.

It might also be possible to buy Wii Games in the Wii U Shop but chances are there won't be a lot.

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope ain't possible.
The only way you could do so is if someone made a hack where the Wii U Gamepad links up to the Wii Console somehow wirelessly, or with USB Cables (Idk if that's even possible.)

Maybe your on to something with the Wii Gamepad thing. But I would just prefer using the Wii for Wii Games, and the Wii U for Wii U Games.

It might also be possible to buy Wii Games in the Wii U Shop but chances are there won't be a lot.
I'm not doubting you, rather asking for elaboration, but exactly why wouldn't it be possible if Nintendo was able to accomplish it? If Wii injection does become a thing, I would think it would theoretically be possible. And there are games it would work fine with if mapped properly. Like Sonic Colors for example with the exception of the wisps, which require shaking the wiimote to activate them. Admittedly, that would take more effort if possible.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It'll happen, I'm sure. Eventually we will probably be able to inject all sorts of games into the WIIU VC, it's just a little early.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not doubting you, rather asking for elaboration, but exactly why wouldn't it be possible if Nintendo was able to accomplish it? If Wii injection does become a thing, I would think it would theoretically be possible. And there are games it would work fine with if mapped properly. Like Sonic Colors for example with the exception of the wisps, which require shaking the wiimote to activate them. Admittedly, that would take more effort if possible.

Well he's referring to playing Wii Games on his Wii U Pad, (Applogise Idk what the Pad is called) (the hand held Controler that looks like a IPad)

This discussion is for a hacked Wii U, and he was asking if there were a way to play (or modify) a way to play it on the Gamepad. I was talking about hacking wise it is not possible at the moment.

Nope ain't possible.

Someone might be able to. But it's highly unlikely, and unconfirmed if even possible. Nintendo can easily get in there and also add this but since they are working on the new NX Console, and Wii U Games, app's, etc... it's likely they are not going to consider adding it after they are done with all projects becuase they always have to look and make games consistently on there scedule.

The Wii Injection thing. By that I'm assuming that you mean the way you can download Nintendo Wii Games from the Wii U Shop? Or eShop, (whatever it's called on the Wii U.) Mapping the in game frame may be possible. However it may be extremely flattened as it's supposed to be on a TV Screen for Wii. Which is why they avoided adding that feature. They would have had to re do all animations, formats of models (in game characters), and resolution from the TV to the Wii U since the Wii is only played on the TV.

An example being a 3DS Screen being played on a HDTV Screen that's stretched out to format the screen. It would look werid becuase that game was designed for the 3DS, and not the TV Screen.

Again Nintendo could do it. But they likely won't. And a modder could attempt doing it but they probably will not get far working on the project.

Reactions: Bkool999

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well currently wii games will display on wii u gamepad. So, the rest would be adding the library of button functions to the display file in vwii.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo...-to-use-the-wii-u-gamepad-to-display-wii-mode
Then, one would need to add the feature in usbloader gx as well. (sadly without patching every game you play I do not think you could obtain this on disc) It would certainly be no easy task to say the least. But there is quite a bit of information on button mapping for the gamepad in the wild. And there are quite a few very skilled programmers/coders at gba. If someone found the time to make this happen then it could be a reality.
As for right now, no it's not possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-