Play VC games off SD Card on SoftMii 3.2u?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Crimson Fog, Jun 19, 2009.

Jun 19, 2009
  1. Crimson Fog
    OP

Newcomer Crimson Fog Member

United States
    I have USA Wii with SoftMii on 3.2u. I play my backups via the Disc Channel.

Without going to 4.0u mod, and using what I currently have, is there anyway I can play my VC (.wad's) from my SD Card?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
  3. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    No only 4.0

4. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    There's no SD card menu on anything but 4.0 and updating isn't really a hard process and you don't really lose anything if you do it properly.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Although that would probably get rid of CIOSCORP if you're using that to play games from the disc channel. Personally I don't think CIOSCORP is worth doing that to all of your IOS if you're just using it for using the disc channel anyways, as I think there are better ways of achieving similar things through preloader. I think just having the system menu run off IOS249 will work as well, or unless you REALLY want the channel animations for the games you could just use a backup loader channel and swap it with the disc channel's spot after enabling the move disc channel hack.

But if you really want to stick with CIOSCORP, that guide also has a section on installing it on 4.0 as well. Just be sure to follow that when doing it.