Hacking Play SYSNAND games from EMUMMC?

Bahamut2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, is there a way to play my SYSNAND games from Atmos EMUMMC?
I dont want to reinstall my digital copies if i already have them installed on SYSNAND.

ThX :D

Bahamut2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But if im not wrong, doing that will duplicate all my games, and i dont want that, i want to link to the games i already have installed (can goldleaf run games from sysnand?).

If i install the games from SYSNAND on the SD instead of the Internal Storage, will they work on emuMMC?

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But if im not wrong, doing that will duplicate all my games, and i dont want that, i want to link to the games i already have installed (can goldleaf run games from sysnand?).

If i install the games from SYSNAND on the SD instead of the Internal Storage, will they work on emuMMC?
If you install a game in your sysnand there is no way for it to work from your emuMMC. If you install a game while under sysNAND but install it on your SD and then create an emuMMC from your sysNAND, when you launch your emuMMC you will see the games in the HOS menu but with the icon sating that they have to be downloaded again. That's because when you create an emuMMC partition it gets assigned its own Nintendo folder and not the main one at the root of your SD. So what you need to do is to redirect the Nintendo folder assigned to your emuMMC to the "official" Nintendo folder at the root of your SD by editing the config file emuMMC/emummc.ini and replacing the line "nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo" by "nintendo_path=Nintendo".

The problem is that if after having created your emuMMC partition you go under sysNAND and install a new game, the content will indeed be in the nintendo folder but the game entry won't appear in emuMMC (basically a game installed on your SD requires an entry written to your sysNAND or emuMMC that links to the content on your SD). If you then install it again from emuMMC I assume it should work, so you'd have to go through the installation process twice but the second time should just rewrite the files in the Nintendo folder and it won't take twice the space on your SD if that's what you're worried about.

Last edited by LeMageFro,

Bahamut2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you install a game in your sysnand there is no way for it to work from your emuMMC. If you install a game while under sysNAND but install it on your SD and then create an emuMMC from your sysNAND, when you launch your emuMMC you will see the games in the HOS menu but with the icon sating that they have to be downloaded again. That's because when you create an emuMMC partition it gets assigned its own Nintendo folder and not the main one at the root of your SD. So what you need to do is to redirect the Nintendo folder assigned to your emuMMC to the "official" Nintendo folder at the root of your SD by editing the config file emuMMC/emummc.ini and replacing the line "nintendo_path=emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo" by "nintendo_path=Nintendo".

The problem is that if after having created your emuMMC partition you go under sysNAND and install a new game, the content will indeed be in the nintendo folder but the game entry won't appear in emuMMC (basically a game installed on your SD requires an entry written to your sysNAND or emuMMC that links to the content on your SD). If you then install it again from emuMMC I assume it should work, so you'd have to go through the installation process twice but the second time should just rewrite the files in the Nintendo folder and it won't take twice the space on your SD if that's what you're worried about.

If i install it a "second time" to avoid the space taken, will i have problems when i boot my "clean" SYSNAND", Even if my copy is legit? Because if i edit the .ini file to point to the Nintendo path, i assume all the games and savefiles will be installed in this directory, and if i boot my clean SYSNAND, won't it know i have all these games installed even if they dont appear in the menu? (also the savefiles may appear)

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If i install it a "second time" to avoid the space taken, will i have problems when i boot my "clean" SYSNAND", Even if my copy is legit? Because if i edit the .ini file to point to the Nintendo path, i assume all the games and savefiles will be installed in this directory, and if i boot my clean SYSNAND, won't it know i have all these games installed even if they dont appear in the menu? (also the savefiles may appear)
I'm not sure I follow what you mean, if you install the game under sysNAND first, then install it again under emuMMC it won't remove the original menu entry from your sysnand, it will just add one to your emuMMC and rewrite all the data in the Nintendo folder. But how would you install a legit eshop game on your emuMMC since I assume you won't connect to your account there ? If you made backups of your legit games (assuming there is a tool for that) and the backup tool handles tickets properly it should be fine but I'm not sure and i wouldn't risk it personally. If you wan't to be 100% sure to keep your sysNAND clean I would definitely advise keeping separate Nintendo folders and just investing on a big sd card (you can get 256Go for like 40€).

Last edited by LeMageFro,

Bahamut2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure I follow what you mean, if you install the game under sysNAND first, then install it again under emuMMC it won't remove the original menu entry from your sysnand, it will just add one to your emuMMC and rewrite all the data in the Nintendo folder. But how would you install a legit eshop game on your emuMMC since I assume you won't connect to your account there ? If you made backups of your legit games (assuming there is a tool for that) and the backup tool handles tickets properly it should be fine but I'm not sure and i wouldn't risk it personally. If you wan't to be 100% sure to keep your sysNAND clean I would definitely advise keeping separate Nintendo folders and just investing on a big sd card (you can get 256Go for like 40€).

Yeah, thats what i mean, if for example i download this backup online instead of dumping it by myself, and this backup is slightly different (for example i have the cartridge version VS i download NSP version or an XCI badly converted to NSP). I can't never be sure that the game is 100% exactly like the original i have, so when i go back to SYSNAND and go online i could be banned even if i have the original game, because of installing a copy with your method. So as i don't want to be banned i guess this is not a good solution and the best thing would be to just have the game duplicated in both partitions.

I know goldleaf and read the "Nintendo" folders where the games are stored but i can't seem to launch the games from there. It would be probably possible with a future homebrew that uses a "READ ONLY" mode on the SYSNAND to read the contents of a game and virtually linking it to an emuMMC "fake game container".

Anyway its getting too complicated and im not here to create this Homebrew, i was just asking if it already exists, so i will stick with the normal method!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night