Creating an EMUMMC after installing Atmosphere/Hekate?

CityOcean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully modded my switch last night but did not setup the EMUMMC from Hekate load. I installed a couple themes, SSBU Ultimate Training Pack and Friday Night Funkin' from the Homebrew App Store. I now want to make sure I use the EMUMMC to run tinfoil games offline and still be able to play SSBU online (Quickplay).

Can I just copy the files already in the SD card over to my desktop, format the SD card with the EMUMMC, and then copy the files back over? Or do I need to just wipe the SD card completely, and reinstall Hekate & Atmosphere?

Was hoping to save a bit of time if it's a simple copy/paste after formatting the SD card for FAT32.

CityOcean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSBU on the emunand?
SSBU is currently physical cartridge and completely legal (so I think it is on SYSnand?)

However, I plan to add a couple custom skins (Wifi Safe) and have already added the Training Mod Pack. So I am unsure if I need SSBU on Emunand. I planned to just use Emunand for tinfoil games. For this example let's say P5R.

I don't want to download tinfoil games until I set up the Emunand, hoping that the sysnand is still fine with just those couple items I downloaded previously via the homebrew app store. (Hekate Homebrew)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSBU is currently physical cartridge and completely legal (so I think it is on SYSnand?)

However, I plan to add a couple custom skins (Wifi Safe) and have already added the Training Mod Pack. So I am unsure if I need SSBU on Emunand. I planned to just use Emunand for tinfoil games. For this example let's say P5R.

I don't want to download tinfoil games until I set up the Emunand, hoping that the sysnand is still fine with just those couple items I downloaded previously via the homebrew app store. (Hekate Homebrew)

If you want to play online you would need a clean NAND, so you can't use the emunand. Why you need/want to format your card?

CityOcean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to play online you would need a clean NAND, so you can't use the emunand. Why you need/want to format your card?
So just to make sure I am understanding correctly.

Due to my not setting up the EMUMMC before installing Atmosphere (or the homebrew apps/themes), I am prevented from using my physical cartridge SSBU online?

Or will it be fine (or most likely is fine) if I just use tinfoil games via the emunand I will be setting up?
In terms of formatting the card, I had believed you would need to format the card to be able to install the emummc via Hekate launcher. (To setup FAT32 on the sd card)
Post automatically merged:

As far as I am aware, everything I have installed is installed on the SD card, I am unsure/find it unlikely anything on the sysnand was affected. The Friday Night Funkin is only found in the homebrew app store and is not seen on my home menu.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to make sure I am understanding correctly.

Due to my not setting up the EMUMMC before installing Atmosphere (or the homebrew apps/themes), I am prevented from using my physical cartridge SSBU online?

Or will it be fine (or most likely is fine) if I just use tinfoil games via the emunand I will be setting up?
In terms of formatting the card, I had believed you would need to format the card to be able to install the emummc via Hekate launcher. (To setup FAT32 on the sd card)
Post automatically merged:

As far as I am aware, everything I have installed is installed on the SD card, I am unsure/find it unlikely anything on the sysnand was affected. The Friday Night Funkin is only found in the homebrew app store and is not seen on my home menu.

You can play online you would have boot into stock OFW, since you created an emunand you should be fine. You don't need to format the card if you are already set up with the hidden partition emunand.

CityOcean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play online you would have boot into stock OFW, since you created an emunand you should be fine. You don't need to format the card if you are already set up with the hidden partition emunand.
Ah understood, that is the thing though. I have not done so, I neglected to make the emuMMC before installing atmosphere and the homebrew apps. So I need to go back and do so.

CityOcean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you installed tinfoil game on Sysmmc CFW?
Tinfoil is currently not installed at all. All I have installed is Friday Night Funkin', a couple themes, and the Smash Ultimate Training Mod from the Homebrew App store found in Atmosphere.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tinfoil is currently not installed at all. All I have installed is Friday Night Funkin', a couple themes, and the Smash Ultimate Training Mod from the Homebrew App store found in Atmosphere.

Might get banned since you installed mod, especially with game that have online play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: I remember you