Tutorial  Updated

Play Online Mario Kart Wii with USB Loader GX (Wiimmfi)

Hello,

I thank Cyan for a little bit of her help, if you have any suggestions or others do not hesitate.
This is the first time that I have done a tutorial on this site and I am happy that it is found here.

here, I made you a mini tutorial to connect online Mario Wii cart with the loader: (Usb loader gx). of course with the version of usb loader gx 1271 and also create a new profile to play online (the old backups will not work). also a list of games that would be compatible with wiimmfi, which is here: https://wiimmfi.de/stat?m=28

At first, you have to go to the settings game of, as in this picture:

181230045238706485.jpg

then, "game settings":

181230045337367035.jpg

go on "private server", press A with your wiimote then put on "wiimmfi.":

181230045450661679.jpg

then, do "save", like this:

181230045628336173.jpg

then, do "return" twice:

18123004572551352.jpg

you come back to the same image as the first one, ie on that one:

181230045828234575.jpg

so from there, you get "started" and here you go for the adventure of your game. .:yaywii:

Last edited by jeannotte,

R4solutions

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just pulled the wii out of storage, Iomega HDD. Something seemed to be missing when I booted up. USB loader Gx just froze. Anyways. As much thread reading as possible and a few tweaks. I’m running a new HBC and updated the USB loader Apps folder and WAD. Thru a few trials and a lot of errors. I can now get USB loader GX channel to load direct and show my game titles on my HDD all art work

I’m out of threads to get the games to load. I can access all options settings and even Wiitdb updates. But every time I push start lags out to main wii menu !!

Please help ! It’s time to pass the wii on to my 7 year old

Reactions: Fates-Blade-900

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two questions.
- Would this work on Wii U via vWii?
- And if so would the Gamecube adapter work with games?

Thank you.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it should work on vWii, I didn't test but there's no reason.
The gamecube adater works only with compatible games designed to work with it. no Wii game will work, only WiiU games.

If you ask why gamecube games work with it, they don't, Nintendont does.
when you play a Wii game, the loader is not in memory anymore unlike nintendont which is always interfacing between the ISO and the hardware and can intercept HID USB controller data to send to the game.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: cvskid

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BTW: it takes 7 days to activate a new console in their network, so after you try to connect for the first time you'll only be able to play 7 days later.

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when you play a Wii game, the loader is not in memory anymore unlike nintendont which is always interfacing between the ISO and the hardware and can intercept HID USB controller data to send to the game.
CTGP works with the Gamecube-USB-Adapter, even though the CTGP-R-Channel is no longer in memory when the game runs. In theory, such a thing could be implemented into USB-Loaders as well. Pretty difficult, as the USB-Loader GX doesn't support brainslug modules, but doable in theory.

Last edited by leseratte,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah yes, I forgot CTGP had a patch for HID USB devices.

I once saw someone working on a similar patch in the form of Ocarina cheat code to add GC or classic controller support for games not having them natively, but it was dependent on the game's SDK version. unfortunately, I didn't archive it and the forum it was posted to is not online anymore.
Not all games used the same SDK so I suppose the patch to add HID into the controller's code is not working on all games either. It also requires a specific IOS base (HID is not in all IOS, and the interface has changed on latest IOS).
for now I think it's a per game patch, not a common one easily applied to games.
Chadderz and wilm0x42 worked on that patch independently, both on the different IOS implementation, more progress especially at the end of the thread : https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-help-with-vwii-gc-adapter-for-project-m.498236/

Normally 24H, no more. Test from time to time whenever you want and see if it works.
the message says 7 days, but maybe it's shorter if someone from wiimmfi team activates it manually before that.

Last edited by Cyan,

jeannotte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I went into my Game Settings, I cant find the "Private Server" option. I tried updating USB Loader GX but it says there are "no new updates."
Hello,

Do you have this version of usb loader gx (version 1271) on your SD card = ==>https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/

replace the following three things in the usb loader gx folder in the APPS folder on your SD ==> boot.dol, Icon, Meta
and relaunch usb loader gx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y