Country
United States
TY
works like a charm.

4.0U softmodded wii
cioscorp v3.3
hermes cios 223 (36-37)
waninkokos cios rev 14

works on disk channel and usb loader gx r718 (load GH5 through 223)

i also posted props on the other GH5 topic for you too!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shark0011 said:
Hi i tried this but i still get the system update thing in the disk channel. I a softmodded 4.1 with ccorp. help plz i installed it as a wad with the wadmanager but nothing seems to happen.

use preloader or startpatch to disable disc system updates.

to all those who wonder,
as for getting wad, google helps ya know?

LiLTimmy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i was wondering when i try to run game like
ill get wii saftey crap ill hit a
then i get the game disc could not be read

anyone kno why?

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really new to this scene, just very retarded when it comes to all of the technical shit (which is basically all of it
cry.gif
), so I have a very nooby question. My plan at the moment is to use cIOScorp1.01 to install cIOS56-64-v5146-rev14.wad HOWEVER I already have CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad installed on my wii. Do I need to uninstall the second one before installing the first or does it not matter? I'm thinking it does but idk. I wouldnt want to brick my wii or anything. I'm running on a softmodded 3.2U and I'm using the backup launcher 0.3 gamma with the 002 error fix.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't worry it will just install fine!

cIOSCORP is originally made for installing patched IOSs (know as cIOSs) on your Wii. These cIOSs will overwrite original ones, no matter what IOS it is!

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thank you! But now I tried using it and I got this "ret=-1" error. I saw somebody else talking about that on this thread but they never really got an answer. Could it be that I'm using the wrong version of cIOScorp or does that not matter?

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hack3r said:
Ok thank you! But now I tried using it and I got this "ret=-1" error. I saw somebody else talking about that on this thread but they never really got an answer. Could it be that I'm using the wrong version of cIOScorp or does that not matter?

as this has the REV14 dip module in it, i would suggest you install at least REV13B. This may effect your USB loader if you using one. Oh and you are deffo trying to load the disc from disc channel and not a backup launcher?

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technom8t said:
as this has the REV14 dip module in it, i would suggest you install at least REV13B. This may effect your USB loader if you using one. Oh and you are deffo trying to load the disc from disc channel and not a backup launcher?

The Disc Channel doesnt recognize the DVD-R as a game and when I try booting it through the backup launcher I get a black screen. I've never used the disc channel to play my backed-up games on. I see a lot of people talking about that though so I guess Im out of the loop.

Just to clarify I am NOT using a USB Loader

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hack3r said:
technom8t said:

The Disc Channel doesnt recognize the DVD-R as a game and when I try booting it through the backup launcher I get a black screen. I've never used the disc channel to play my backed-up games on. I see a lot of people talking about that though so I guess Im out of the loop.

yes and your no hack3r.

technom8t

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hack3r said:
technom8t said:

PLEASE read the thread title again, Especially the bit in brackets!

QUOTE(xzxero @ Sep 2 2009, 11:31 PM)
yes and your no hack3r.

You r so right LOL

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
yes and your no hack3r.
Well you're no xzxero. Seriously any help would be appreciated. I've been trying to figure this out for literally like 4 hours and its getting incredibly aggravating.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well you just have to follow the "Ultimate System Menu 4.0" (or 4.1) guide (just use the search engine I can't remember the adress for the thread) to downgrade/upgrade your Wii then install cIOS38 rev14, cIOSCORP 3.3 and the cIOS56 using the included installer and this should work!

At least this worked on my friend's Wii, it never worked on mine though. So please try this and keep me informed, I'd really like to know if I'm using a bad ISO (which I double checked and it seems to be valid) or if my Wii is being dumb.

Oh and BTW, don't worry if you're no hacker (if you are a noob) we all were noob once and you'll always find someone to help you even though you're a noob. You'll never learn a thing if nobody teaches you. (No offense technom8 I really like your cIOS.)

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bleh so I have to update my firmware?
frown.gif
I like my 3.2 Is that the only way to do this? I thought people had this working on 3.2

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
ANYONE BURNING A DVD OF THIS DO THE WRITE AS SLOWLY AS YOU CAN ( 3x write speed with IMGburn works gr8)

If you write it on max write speed with this much content on the disk dont be upset when the dvd is a coaster rather than a backup...BURN IT SLOWLY!
and speaking of burnin it slowly! lol

Want a good laugh guys
wink.gif

hahaha

Mii Jam Rock

Mii Jam Techno Metal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro