OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Here's the plan:

1. System transfer to second o3ds on 9.7 emunand (<=9.2 sysnand)
2. On second o3ds, move necessary/important user data (like mii plaza, saves etc) from emunand to sysnand
3. Update second o3ds sysnand to a compatible version (for firmware spoofing)
4. System transfer second o3ds sysnand to n3ds sysnand via firmware spoofing

Did I miss out anything or possible holes? Is there any easier approach?

I really hope to get this resolved soon before nintendo hits out with 9.8 :wink:

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Did I miss out anything or possible holes? Is there any easier approach?

Yes. You require the same version of system transfer app in both consoles. In that case, a transfer from aconsole with 9.0 app (9.2 console) to another with 9.6 app (9.7 console) would be incompatible.

Arkansaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Yes. You require the same version of system transfer app in both consoles. In that case, a transfer from aconsole with 9.0 app (9.2 console) to another with 9.6 app (9.7 console) would be incompatible.

which transfer are you referring to? it is not part of the plan I described

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
which transfer are you referring to? it is not part of the plan I described

Sorry, I didn't read very well.

AFAIK, it will not be a problem, but anyway,for the step 3 you will need firm0.bin and firm1.bin from another console with 9.0-9.2.

Arkansaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago

AFAIK, it will not be a problem, but anyway,for the step 3 you will need firm0.bin and firm1.bin from another console with 9.0-9.2.

why is that so? is that for the firmware update to 9.2? (which can be done with cart or 3dnus iirc) or for the firmware spoofing

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
why is that so? is that for the firmware update to 9.2? (which can be done with cart or 3dnus iirc) or for the firmware spoofing

So yeah, if you have a cart. But in the case of 3DNUS, if you update your NAND with Gateway, you will get a brick, because GW doesn't update NATIVE_FIRM. For that reason, you will need these two files and inject them in the updated emunand, extract the emunand, and inject that NAND in the sysNAND.

If you can see it's a little dangerous, so if you have a cart with 9.2 update, use it.

Reactions: Arkansaw

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you just want your tickets, #2 isn't needed. Tickets are tied to your eshop/nnid account and when you transfer to your 9.7 emunand, your nnid is now tied to that 3ds and you can just log in to the nnid on sysnand and transfer after patching.

If you want all your saves on SD card, you also need to copy your movable.sed from emunand to sysnand before transferring to n3ds.

If you want all your nand saves (like mii plaza), you also need to copy your nand:data from emunand to sysnand before transfering to n3ds.

Reactions: Arkansaw

Arkansaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
If you just want your tickets, #2 isn't needed. Tickets are tied to your eshop/nnid account and when you transfer to your 9.7 emunand, your nnid is now tied to that 3ds and you can just log in to the nnid on sysnand and transfer after patching.

If you want all your saves on SD card, you also need to copy your movable.sed from emunand to sysnand before transferring to n3ds.

If you want all your nand saves (like mii plaza), you also need to copy your nand:data from emunand to sysnand before transfering to n3ds.

Okay thanks, I will update step 2 to mean "move important data from emunand to sysnand" then. I guess this is the most dangerous/critical step..

Arkansaw

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Okay, step 2 is done. Followed the guide for moving emunand to sysnand, and I had to move the ticket.db, moveable.sed, and replace the entire data folder (since the emunand was system transferred it has a totally different identifier from the one on sysnand)

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

I have a 9.2 emunand backup that I want to flash to upgrade my 4.5 sysnand. From what I understand I only need to get some valid firm0/1, inject them into the 9.2 emunand and it won't brick sysnand when I flash it right? Can those firm0/1 be taken from a different 3ds sysnand?

Apache told me a way to update emunand with sysupdater and that would be ok to flash to sysnand, but I read some1 else saying that would also cause a brick so I'm reluctant to do it (and with sysupdater my emunand reports version 9.0 even tho I I used the 9.2 update cias), this firm0/1 method would be much easier if it can be obtained somehow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit