Homebrew PKSM - a complete portable Pokemon Save Manager with integrated bank

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does the latest version fix the bug where Pokemon that had their abilities changed in S/M/US/UM could not get the proper ones in older games (eg: couldn't get Levitate Gengar in ORAS and instead the proper ability was considered to be Cursed Body even though it had Levitate in Gen 6)?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Does the latest version fix the bug where Pokemon that had their abilities changed in S/M/US/UM could not get the proper ones in older games (eg: couldn't get Levitate Gengar in ORAS and instead the proper ability was considered to be Cursed Body even though it had Levitate in Gen 6)?
Welp, tested and it's still not fixed... On Gen 6 games, if you try to choose Gengar's ability it defaults to Cursed Body (despite that being it's Gen 7 ability that replaced Levitate from older Gens), so you have to go to the hex editor to find the correct one and I assume the issue is for any other Pokemon that had their abilities changed. There should be a different library file for each Gen individually to avoid such simple issues.

I need help with something, so it may get a bit long, reason I didn't edit the above message... I remember in old versions that there used to be an option to inject entire boxes with old events and stuff in your game, what happened to that function? I really need some of those for some new teams (eg: Cotton Guard Banette) and since those passed the legality checks, it was very nice to have that available. I've gone through the scripts available on the PKSM github and didn't find those, so what can I do? Additionally, any way to inject events of Gens in games of other Gens (eg: Gen 5 events in Gen 6 games or 6 in 7) like how it used to be possible before they were all separated to their proper Gens? Transferring via PokeBank to Gen 7 from 6 somehow caused them to be considered legal (compared bytes to a legal one to make sure), so kinda curious if there's a way to do it again. I love some of the old events like Weather Ball Legendary Beasts after all... Finally, are there any good scripts available in depositories other than the one I mentioned earlier? Just curious in case I'm missing out on anything useful, since all I see are basically flag scripts or items and stuff, all of which are useless to me (besides the O-Power unlock one for ORAS).

angelbless45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I cant beleive I havent seen this until now. So I will finally be able to back up my Pkmns from my Pokemon Bank account!? No more fee paying or risk of losing 20 years of catching, evolving, and trading!

angelbless45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Btw, jus wondering. How do you export your pksm bank to a file and where does it saves it? I want to back up all my pokemon bank data and It seems the only way is to send them back to the catridge and after that, send them to the pksm bank.

Hallowing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should make a file in the 3ds folder with the rest of the general Homebrew files there should be one for pksm. I assume it can be used for backup purposes

sweetener

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can not use my pokemon in online battles, because the move that I need, can appear in this Pokemon only through Egg Moves.
I need Sylveon with "Wish," and I don’t know how to train him in this application through Egg Moves.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can not use my pokemon in online battles, because the move that I need, can appear in this Pokemon only through Egg Moves.
I need Sylveon with "Wish," and I don’t know how to train him in this application through Egg Moves.
There's an entire section for egg moves when you set moves. That said, I never sety egg moves and I can use my Pokémon online just fine. There might be another issue. Or maybe I'm just lucky.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if i use these pokemon roms on twloader or another loader direct on 3ds without r4 is possible?, or is possible only for original cart?
You'll need to use a PC save editing tool. You can't do it on 3DS with this application because it reads from the cartridge slot or installed digital games. It has to be a legitimate cartridge or a good quality reproduction if DS repros are a thing. The system needs to think it's the legitimate game and that won't happen with an R4. Use PkHex on PC to edit the .sav file. That's really the only option.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,
Reactions: maahscreamo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-