Pkm HG crashing cheat screen

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by linuxunil, Feb 11, 2011.

1. linuxunil
    OP

linuxunil Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2011
    Brazil
    I have the version (U) patched with Rudolph's patch in my r4. Recently i did the update file cheats.

Now I can't select the pkm rom because the system hangs.

what I tried [​IMG]

1) removed the rom: other games are normal and also the use of cheats.
    2) put the pkm and removed the cheat.dat: pkm can play normally.

using r4cce have the following information:

Title: Pokemon HeartGold (U)
    ID: IPKE 4DFFBF91

wondered what should I do to have the new cheats file and continue playing pkm.

thanks ...

OPS!!!

if this has already been solved or I could not have written here, a thousand apologies .... thank you for posting the correct link where i can write...

2. Exabyte

Exabyte Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2011
    United States
    Make sure that your cheat isn't on the bottom of the list. I had that problem too.

If that doesn't work, just select a game that you don't have (if you don't have a game, you don't need cheats for that game) and just change the game ID/name and the cheats on that one.

3. ihackedit

ihackedit GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2011
    Australia, Victoria
    Make sure your cheat.dat is a .dat file four your flash cart. If it's not it's useless. I did it once and I was embarrassed.
    Also, make sure you have a clean rom and that the rom and the sav files are named the same.

4. linuxunil
    OP

linuxunil Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2011
    Brazil
    thanks for the answers ...
    1) I've tried positioning the pokemon rom at the top of the list and still have the same problem. I saw on another post that I have to change the ID of the game but did not find the correct ID for which I must change.
    ! below it there are roms that cheats work, what makes me think that maybe this is not the problem .... [​IMG]
    2) I have the cheats that are available here by the gbatemp and the version is for the R4 card I use.

5. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Are you using Wood R4?
    If not, you should.
    It will let you play HG/SS without having to patch them.

6. linuxunil
    OP

linuxunil Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2011
    Brazil
    problem solved!! after some tries I discovered that the problem was just too much codes in cheats.dat, I just removed the codes that does not interest me and the problem is over.

then topic closed. [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice