Homebrew PK3DS and Hans - Problems

FullLifeGames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everyone, my objective is randomizing my romfs of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire with PK3DS and using it via Hans.

My steps were:
- Dumping my Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Data with my old Gateway
- Decrypting the data
(The same steps were repeated by me with a .cia after failing)
=> Result: exe and romfs folders ready for PK3DS

- Randomizing this with PK3DS and rebuilding the romfs
- Changing the name to "0011C500.romfs" and deleting the first 0x1000 bytes

After that I put it in the /hans/ folder and loaded my Alpha Sapphire with the romfs file.

The title screen works and I get into the menu. Since it was a new cartridge, I saw the introduction. When I had to play though, I just got a White Screen and then nothing happened.
I tried to play the beginning and then use Hans, but then I just get a Black Screen.

Does someone know, if I did something wrong and how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated :)

Eskuero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't change Type Chart, Starters or Gift Pokemon. As the little I'm aware they're saved on the "DLLs" used by the game, and they refuse to work after modifications. I tried to use this tool to fix them before rebuilding romfs:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cro_tool-cro-resigner-for-rom-hacks-etc.395148/
But as the OP said they won't work with rom-fs replacement (the one used by Hans), and in fact, using it makes the game to not boot at all.

So for now I've no idea of how to succesfully use the options under "CRO Editing Tools" in pk3DS.

Reactions: FullLifeGames

FullLifeGames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don't change Type Chart, Starters or Gift Pokemon. As the little I'm aware they're saved on the "DLLs" used by the game, and they refuse to work after modifications. I tried to use this tool to fix them before rebuilding romfs:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cro_tool-cro-resigner-for-rom-hacks-etc.395148/
But as the OP said they won't work with rom-fs replacement (the one used by Hans), and in fact, using it makes the game to not boot at all.

So for now I've no idea of how to succesfully use the options under "CRO Editing Tools" in pk3DS.
I actually changed the starter, I will try to do it without them and will give an update, when I'm done!

Eskuero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think that would apply to XY as well? I changed the starters in my Pokemon X and everything loaded fine after the title screen.
I really haven't tried. I've only dumped and hacked my Saphire ROM. Would had to dump my Y cardtridge too. May give it a shot later, since a new version of braindump is out.

MrNetch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I really haven't tried. I've only dumped and hacked my Saphire ROM. Would had to dump my Y cardtridge too. May give it a shot later, since a new version of braindump is out.

I have the problem that I get a blackscreen too, but I didnt changed the starter pokemon! Do you have solution?

Batrimimina!

Trophies
XP
Country
Problems I'm having:

I did everything right with pk3DS, and didn't touch type chart and etc, but when I load my save file after repacking everything and adding textures, I get a black screen and nothing happens. Help pls!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They just need more factories