PK3DS and Hans - Problems

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by FullLifeGames, Oct 27, 2015.

1. FullLifeGames
    OP

FullLifeGames Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hello everyone, my objective is randomizing my romfs of Pokemon Alpha Sapphire with PK3DS and using it via Hans.

My steps were:
    - Dumping my Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Data with my old Gateway
    - Decrypting the data
    (The same steps were repeated by me with a .cia after failing)
    => Result: exe and romfs folders ready for PK3DS

- Randomizing this with PK3DS and rebuilding the romfs
    - Changing the name to "0011C500.romfs" and deleting the first 0x1000 bytes

After that I put it in the /hans/ folder and loaded my Alpha Sapphire with the romfs file.

The title screen works and I get into the menu. Since it was a new cartridge, I saw the introduction. When I had to play though, I just got a White Screen and then nothing happened.
    I tried to play the beginning and then use Hans, but then I just get a Black Screen.

Does someone know, if I did something wrong and how to fix this? Any help would be appreciated :)

2. Eskuero

Eskuero Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2015
    United States
    Don't change Type Chart, Starters or Gift Pokemon. As the little I'm aware they're saved on the "DLLs" used by the game, and they refuse to work after modifications. I tried to use this tool to fix them before rebuilding romfs:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cro_tool-cro-resigner-for-rom-hacks-etc.395148/
    But as the OP said they won't work with rom-fs replacement (the one used by Hans), and in fact, using it makes the game to not boot at all.

So for now I've no idea of how to succesfully use the options under "CRO Editing Tools" in pk3DS.

FullLifeGames likes this.
  3. FullLifeGames
    OP

FullLifeGames Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I actually changed the starter, I will try to do it without them and will give an update, when I'm done!

4. Eskuero

Eskuero Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2015
    United States
    Yeah I tried it several times and no luck. However ramdomizing abilities, moves, wild Pokemon, trainers, etc... works just fine.

FullLifeGames likes this.
  5. RetroBitMig

RetroBitMig CEO of PixelRocket (returning soon) and Maagic Dev

Oct 19, 2015
    United States
    Los Angeles
    Do you think that would apply to XY as well? I changed the starters in my Pokemon X and everything loaded fine after the title screen.

6. FullLifeGames
    OP

FullLifeGames Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Yeah, now it works. Thanks! Sadly the starters aren't randomized, but I guess nothing I can do.

7. Eskuero

Eskuero Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2015
    United States
    I really haven't tried. I've only dumped and hacked my Saphire ROM. Would had to dump my Y cardtridge too. May give it a shot later, since a new version of braindump is out.

8. BlueOnClues

BlueOnClues GBAtemp's Burgerpants

Banned
    Sep 15, 2015
    MIG Restaurant
    Pssssssssssst Newb Question What is A 3ds :^)

PF2M likes this.
  9. RetroBitMig

RetroBitMig CEO of PixelRocket (returning soon) and Maagic Dev

Oct 19, 2015
    United States
    Los Angeles
    3 Dime Sausages.

10. BlueOnClues

Banned
    Sep 15, 2015
    MIG Restaurant
    I Knew It Am Always Right :^)

11. BlueOnClues

Banned
    Sep 15, 2015
    MIG Restaurant
    GUYS QUESTION PLEASE SOMEONR ANSWER : after extracting the romfs.bin and get the romfs folder file , how to put it back to bin file ?????

12. MrNetch

MrNetch Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I have the problem that I get a blackscreen too, but I didnt changed the starter pokemon! Do you have solution?

13. Batrimimina!

Batrimimina! Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2015
    Problems I'm having:

I did everything right with pk3DS, and didn't touch type chart and etc, but when I load my save file after repacking everything and adding textures, I get a black screen and nothing happens. Help pls!