Hacking Question Pin 1, 7 and 10, Which one triggers the log message?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, im about to buy a JIG to finally start on the switch, but i've read that a combination of pins triggered a message that can be saved, as in "It logs the information", but i cant remember if its pin 1 and 10, or 7 and 10.

Im trying to avoid for now this, if possible, i know that pin 1, 2 and 7 are ground, but if i recall correctly, pin 1 is also home button in some way.

Any comments on this?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, im about to buy a JIG to finally start on the switch, but i've read that a combination of pins triggered a message that can be saved, as in "It logs the information", but i cant remember if its pin 1 and 10, or 7 and 10.

Im trying to avoid for now this, if possible, i know that pin 1, 2 and 7 are ground, but if i recall correctly, pin 1 is also home button in some way.

Any comments on this?
It’s logged whenever pin 10 is grounded against anything, whether it’s pin 1, 2, 7, the metal railing, your own body, etc.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo bans for grounding pin 10 your argument should be to claim ignorance. Your kids (whether you have them or not) could easily have destroyed the joycon rail which caused the pin to short, and you found the only way of booting the console normally is to boot it with the joycon disconnected. Sometimes your "kids" forget and try to turn it on while they are still connected. It should not be anything to worry about.

TapNorX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gbatemp is full of these kind off assumptions these days. i take it as some kind of ...pastime?, - is that the correct word? i just put it into google translator - until we finally have atmo. i mean i can totally understand the desire to avoid any possibility to get banned but. how many bans just occured as of now, beside the online cheat kiddys who couldnt resist to play as supi dupi octoling or sorts? i guess you / we could count them on both hands. pretty all these were linked to abusing NCDN from what we know. would be great if you could dig through your past visited threads to find the info that pin1 is in charge for the log error, me in personal doubt that. IF RCM entry is logged, it wouldnt make a difference if its from pin 1,7 or 9 or whatever ground you use. and to all HB devs, it would be great if we could have a tool which can just read the error log file from nand and which interprete this to a user understandable language. unfortunately im too stupid to achieve that. isnt there already a tool which can delete that log?

Last edited by TapNorX,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gbatemp is full of these kind off assumptions these days. i take it as some kind of ...pastime?, - is that the correct word? i just put it into google translator - until we finally have atmo. i mean i can totally understand the desire to avoid any possibility to get banned but. how many bans just occured as of now, beside the online cheat kiddys who couldnt resist to play as supi dupi octoling or sorts? i guess you / we could count them on both hands. pretty all these were linked to abusing NCDN from what we know. would be great if you could dig through your past visited threads to find the info that pin1 is in charge for the log error, me in personal doubt that. IF RCM entry is logged, it wouldnt make a difference if its from pin 1,7 or 9 or whatever ground you use. and to all HB devs, it would be great if we could have a tool which can just read the error log file from nand and which interprete this to a user understandable language. unfortunately im too stupid to achieve that. isnt there already a tool which can delete that log?
Nx-dreport may do it. I know it deletes error logs, not sure if it deletes all logs.

TapNorX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yea thats what im talking about. would be good if we have some deeper insights about the filesystem and what nintendo stores there.... ;)

D

DeletedMember411838

If Nintendo bans for grounding pin 10 your argument should be to claim ignorance. Your kids (whether you have them or not) could easily have destroyed the joycon rail which caused the pin to short, and you found the only way of booting the console normally is to boot it with the joycon disconnected. Sometimes your "kids" forget and try to turn it on while they are still connected. It should not be anything to worry about.

Lol, you think that will actually work? Ya no it wont, they dont care if your kid did it lol.

Just hope they dont decide to ban that way is all you can do.

Ignorance, does not create innocence, ever.

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I highly doubt Nintendo would believe that argument in any way as they would just respond with sucks to be you as they can't really weed out the real legit people breaking there stuff from people ilegaly modifying there switches as a result of that conundrum they will treat all cases reported to them as infringement of the user agreement without any hesitation.

Reactions: DeletedMember411838

KuroTheBang

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I highly doubt Nintendo would believe that argument in any way as they would just respond with sucks to be you as they can't really weed out the real legit people breaking there stuff from people ilegaly modifying there switches as a result of that conundrum they will treat all cases reported to them as infringement of the user agreement without any hesitation.

If they would argue like that, they would lose every court. At least in Europe.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think what you want, but consumer right-to-use laws outweigh any "company policy". A great example is the "warranty void if seal broken" case that was just over-ruled.

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well let's be frank in the event you do by some magic break/ trip the rcm exploit and get the middle finger from Nintendo and decide to sue they would keep the case running for years on end making it more expensive than just buying a new switch. Phone company's have got away with the same thing when it comes to phone repairs.

Reactions: DeletedMember411838

KuroTheBang

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dunno, I never got problems. I often root devices and got rejected by the manufacturer (f*ck you Samsung with your eFuse shit).
Then just go where you bought it and claim “Gewährleistung” (is there an English word for that?)

It’s something similar to warranty, just against the seller instead of the manufacturer

Never had problems so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

D

DeletedMember411838

Think what you want, but consumer right-to-use laws outweigh any "company policy". A great example is the "warranty void if seal broken" case that was just over-ruled.

Only except Jailbreaking a Game Console, is right now, still Against the law.

Go to court you will lose, and even then you won't go to court, you couldn't afford to take them to court lol.

Also if your kid shorted pins, that is accidental damage and your problem not theirs.

That's like saying I'm going to sue Samsung because I broke my phone's screen. Where do you people come up with this stuff?

Furthermore, Nintendo can ban you from online for no reason at all, it's their service, and it's in their TOS, nothing any court can do about that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dunno, I never got problems. I often root devices and got rejected by the manufacturer (f*ck you Samsung with your eFuse shit).
Then just go where you bought it and claim “Gewährleistung” (is there an English word for that?)

It’s something similar to warranty, just against the seller instead of the manufacturer

Never had problems so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well ya that could work, if they don't check it out, and you bought it recently enough. However what would that solve? You would get another to have it banned as well.

You guys need to get it through your heads, you got lucky with the 3DS, most consoles with CFW cannot go online ever again, the switch will be the same way, make your choice. Or buy 2, hack one and not the other.

Last edited by ,

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nah they won't ban people for grounding pin 10.

they could ban you if they found an error log, wich indicates that an malicious custom script/program was trying to enter an secured area. therefor they can confirm you were using a way to hack the system

TapNorX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The thread is away from its origin. Nintendo can ban you if you break their TOS. You can’t illegally modify your switch, except you turn it into a bomb or something similar, it’s yours. Nintendo should choose wisely if they really want to ban every modified device. They could loose many customers who gladly want to pay games/services and want to use their system as they wish. Piracy isn’t really a big problem. You can bet we kids in the 90s were much more abusive in these terms.

failzers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh get off your high horse if you think you're one of the intellectuals.
I don't think i'm intellectual at all, quite the opposite. Only jackasses think they are "intellectuals". You guys just parrot unfounded rumors and spread them and don't even stop to use common sense to think about it. Just like that it was going around that Hekate damaged the SOC's. What a stupid rumor.

Reactions: Deathscreton

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...