Gaming Pikmin 3 won't start - Freezes Wii U and Gamepad

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Edit: I accidentally posted this in the wii section to begin with...)

Pikmin 3 wont start? I've tried on 2 different Wii U consoles, All are properly updated. I even removed the update and reupdated.

The disc is in perfect 10/10 condition.. Not even a single smudge of any kind front or back.

The icon starts on the main page then you tap start and the little wii u logo comes up on the top left and then the little round faded out picture of pikmin for the first wii u loading screen starts up (As with all wii u games, the loading screen with music) and then just sits there.. I left it there for 12 hours all day.. Nothing happened.. I even tried pushing all the buttons possible.

It freezes my Wii U and my gamepad on that part.. Then i have to force reset both.

I've still cleaned it and tried again to no avail on several consoles, freezes on all.

I know the game disc is not damaged in any way.

The strange thing is, The gamepad shuts its self off (The indicator light turns off and its unresponsive) but the pikmin image is still thereo n screen and the backlight for the screen is obviously still on.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It could be the game. I think it was Bladexdsl on here who had Lego City Undercover out of nowhere just randomly stop working. Take it back and get a refund. If it doesn't work still, contact Nintendo. Perhaps power surges messed up the WiiU in a tiny way

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright i suppose i'll have to take it back, Its a shame because its like brand new 100% pristine shiny condition..

This is the first time this has happened in my 19 years of gaming :D Well besides that one time prince of persia was purchased new without the game actually in the case...

You seem to be playing Pikmin 3, How are you liking it? Is it worth the hassle i'm going through?

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright i suppose i'll have to take it back, Its a shame because its like brand new 100% pristine shiny condition..

This is the first time this has happened in my 19 years of gaming :D Well besides that one time prince of persia was purchased new without the game actually in the case...

You seem to be playing Pikmin 3, How are you liking it? Is it worth the hassle i'm going through?

I beat it a few weeks ago, too lazy to change the signature. The game is really really good.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I had something similar happen with a brand new copy of Super Mario for the WiiU. If you had the disc in the drive while turning on the console you would get the generic "an error has occurred, unplug everything and plug it all back in" (which was a royal pain in the ass to have to do half a dozen times while troubleshooting the issue by trying to delete update data and such) while if you put it in after you turned it on you just got the dirty disc error.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just send it back. My copy of nsmbu wouldnt load and the disc was in perfect condition. I had to call them and go throgh all the trouble shooting but they eventually sent a new disc.

mrbigreddog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had the same problem with Pikmin 3 from GameFly -

The game looked perfect! It would get to the load screen, and freeze. After a few tries, I got it to work. And it worked until it got to the 2nd level (or whatever you want to call it) but lasted about 8-10 mins. Then froze again.

Gamefly is sending another disc. We'll see if this one will work.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just had the same problem with Pikmin 3 from GameFly -

The game looked perfect! It would get to the load screen, and freeze. After a few tries, I got it to work. And it worked until it got to the 2nd level (or whatever you want to call it) but lasted about 8-10 mins. Then froze again.

Gamefly is sending another disc. We'll see if this one will work.
A lot of disc from Gamefly have problems. I rent a lot of PS3 discs from them and I often have to report problem.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just to let you know.

I m from the netherlands and alot of my games have these issues.

Tekken, Sonic allstars Racing, Pikmin, Need for speed, Black ops, Darksiders, Lego City, Batman Arham City,Rayman, Mario, Nintendoworld, ZombiU, Assasins Creed all freeze once in while sometimes with a loud beep.
I think it's a general problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2