Picofly AIO Thread

MertX2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Continous beep on the right side, beep after some time on the other side.

I tried booting the switch up but forgot to attach the power wires for the rp2040 zero and it booted to ofw, so then I succesfully soldered the GND wire and tried to solder the 3.3v wire but I just couldnt do it between the other component as it either kept bridging to that one or wouldnt stay attached to the 3v3 point and in the end I accidentally took the 3v3 capacitor off and the switch no longer boots but the traces and pads for the capacitor are intact. Can I use the capacitors of the rp2040 zero to replace this one and use the 3v3 trace on the emmc or any other 3v3 point as long as there is not another component immediately next to it?
Post automatically merged:

I tried booting the switch up but forgot to attach the power wires for the rp2040 zero and it booted to ofw, so then I succesfully soldered the GND wire and tried to solder the 3.3v wire but I just couldnt do it between the other component as it either kept bridging to that one or wouldnt stay attached to the 3v3 point and in the end I accidentally took the 3v3 capacitor off and the switch no longer boots but the traces and pads for the capacitor are intact. Can I use the capacitors of the rp2040 zero to replace this one and use the 3v3 trace on the emmc or any other 3v3 point as long as there is not another component immediately next to it?
I mean is there any other 3v3 point thats not like this one?

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

I mean is there any other 3v3 point thats not like this one?
For 3v3 it much easier to solder on the emmc board, but i don't think the switch will work now until you replace that damaged cap.

MertX2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I stole a 2.2uf cap from a spare pico I had lying around and it seems that the cap is attached again after covering the entire switch mobo up with aluminum foil and attaching it with a heat gun and a crap ton of flux however I am way too tired right now to put it back together and test it out so that will have to wait till tomorrow. Thanks for confirming that I can use the emmc point, I think it should be the intended soldering joint as it seems a lot easier.

Reactions: QuiTim

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1684018716464.png

i get this when i try to launch hakete, whats wrong?

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're likely loading an outdated hekate, or not loading all the files for hekate. Try again with fresh files.
alright thanks

You're likely loading an outdated hekate, or not loading all the files for hekate. Try again with fresh files.
i updated it to the latest and its still happening, also the emmunand says its running on slower mode but it still works. The pk1 thing only appears on sysnand. Should i redo the pinouts?

View attachment 371181
i get this when i try to launch hakete, whats wrong?
i redid EVERYTHING, even better than before. Still nothing. I still cant go into Sysnand, but emunand works like a charm. Its an erista, does that matter? (im just using the latest hats pack on 16.0.3) EDIT: Just needed more resistors.

Last edited by naldo29,
Reactions: lightninjay

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
alright thanks

i updated it to the latest and its still happening, also the emmunand says its running on slower mode but it still works. The pk1 thing only appears on sysnand. Should i redo the pinouts?

i redid EVERYTHING, even better than before. Still nothing. I still cant go into Sysnand, but emunand works like a charm. Its an erista, does that matter? (im just using the latest hats pack on 16.0.3) EDIT: Just needed more resistors.
Do you have the latest firmware on the pico?

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I installed picofly on both a Lite and a mariko. I helped myself with Flex connectors v2. I just used PIN 3 of the Flex connector and had no problems. why is it mentioned to use both PIN 3 and PIN 4? what's the difference?

Reactions: chronoss

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I installed picofly on both a Lite and a mariko. I helped myself with Flex connectors v2. I just used PIN 3 of the Flex connector and had no problems. why is it mentioned to use both PIN 3 and PIN 4? what's the difference?
they both go to same place, using both of them makes a stronger joint and it's (usually) easier to solder to both of them.
Other then that, no difference.

Reactions: LuigiGad

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
for that !

I Need to restore my console for erased all account inside...
If you want do delete everything then there should be no problem.
I haven't done it myself but I guess that you could just boot into OFW and reset everything. Then boot to hekate, delete emummc and create it again from scratch.
Anyway, maybe you should do some more research and maybe wait for some other response here.

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I haven't done it myself but I guess that you could just boot into OFW and reset everything. Then boot to hekate, delete emummc and create it again from scratch.
Anyway, maybe you should do some more research and maybe wait for some other response here.
Ok thanks !!!

Reactions: QuiTim

MertX2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how do you know when you need 2 mpsfets instead of 1?
You would only know after installing it with 1 mosfet and then seeing blue followed by cyan on the rp2040 zero as this could indicate that you need a second mosfet, so I would suggest just installing both of them when you are at it.

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks !!!

I actually did essentially this exact thing on the last lite I hacked.

I bought it off ebay from a dad who forgot the parental control pin (who knows if that's the legit story, Idrc) and I installed Picofly, booted into CFW emmc, used an app to remove parental controls, and then reset the console through the menu in Horizon.

After that I went back to Hekate and started the usual process of backing everything up and making an emuMMC.

• Love
Reactions: chronoss and QuiTim

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I actually did essentially this exact thing on the last lite I hacked.

I bought it off ebay from a dad who forgot the parental control pin (who knows if that's the legit story, Idrc) and I installed Picofly, booted into CFW emmc, used an app to remove parental controls, and then reset the console through the menu in Horizon.

After that I went back to Hekate and started the usual process of backing everything up and making an emuMMC.
Well yeah, that seemed like the logical way to go about it although we didn't have a chance to do it before.
Thanks for confirming, will be usefull in the future for sure and I'm sure @chronoss appreciates the answer aswell :D

• Love
Reactions: chronoss

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would only know after installing it with 1 mosfet and then seeing blue followed by cyan on the rp2040 zero as this could indicate that you need a second mosfet, so I would suggest just installing both of them when you are at it.
so installing 2 in a console that can run fine with one should be fine right? it wont be like "overloaded" or something right lol? idk how to describe it

Reactions: lightninjay

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth