Picofly AIO Thread

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
just finished an OLED with pico with 2.73 and flex V2. I did not use the additional resistor. At the moment no problem. If the resistor was needed, shouldn't it be included in the general guide?
Its only optional, its not mandatory. Without it the picofly still works.
Its only for precaution of some scenario which might happened in the future.

When the picofly on, the gpio will be configured as pull down (internal pulldown resistor around 50-80 kOhm)

Last edited by abal1000x,
Reactions: LuigiGad

T4kUM1X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi! I'm sorry if this is a dumb question or if this isn't the right place to ask, but i was wondering, is soldering required for having CFW on a OLED Switch? I never soldered anything at all, so i think i wouldn't want to risk doing it on my own and failing miserably xD Thanks in advance :)

• Angry
Reactions: LogicalMadness

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
just finished an OLED with pico with 2.73 and flex V2. I did not use the additional resistor. At the moment no problem. If the resistor was needed, shouldn't it be included in the general guide?

Its only optional, its not mandatory. Without it the picofly still works.
Its only for precaution of some scenario which might happened in the future.

When the picofly on, the gpio will be configured as pull down (internal pulldown resistor around 50-80 kOhm)
That resistor is only for bare mosfet installs. Most flex cables already include it.

blackheartme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi! I'm sorry if this is a dumb question or if this isn't the right place to ask, but i was wondering, is soldering required for having CFW on a OLED Switch? I never soldered anything at all, so i think i wouldn't want to risk doing it on my own and failing miserably xD Thanks in advance :)
yes at the moment only using modchip with micro solder requirement, i do recommend to find/ commission it to chip installer / modder near your area better safe than sorry, unless youre willing to learn and risk killing your Switch, its a steep learning curve for beginners.

Last edited by blackheartme,
Reactions: T4kUM1X

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'll try with another flux, which temp do you recommend? I'm using 350ºC
That should be enough, put some tin on solder tip just a little, and with flux applied on the board just move the tip around on solder point, a little pushing down on board if necessary, you can see it succeed if the point become silver color instead on yellow.
But seriously, that is the basic technique in soldering right?

jmmc

Trophies
XP
Country
That should be enough, put some tin on solder tip just a little, and with flux applied on the board just move the tip around on solder point, a little pushing down on board if necessary, you can see it succeed if the point become silver color instead on yellow.
But seriously, that is the basic technique in soldering right?

Yes, I know how to solder but there was a point that I couldn’t tin hahaha, I just want to know some tips 🥲

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also failed at 350C, i use 390C and lot of flux. Some people in here said, use 400C.

I won't advise using that point as GND, rather just take it from the shield, much easier.
When soldering with an iron the temperature that gets transferred to the work is controlled by the length of time you place the iron on the work. Many repair technicians run their equipment at max temp but they of course don't place the iron on the work for very long. The idea is to melt the solder and fuse it to the work quickly so you don't transfer a lot of heat to the surrounding things. The other issue with a low temperature is that if the thing your working on has a large thermal mass it can suck too much heat away from the iron tip. You can have a situation where the solder starts to melt, then solidifies to the iron tip. If you panic and then pull, it has a high chance of pulling the pad off the board. If you are patient and wait you have transferred a lot of heat to the surrounding components waiting for the solder to come back up to melting temp.

Same is true for hot air. Your ability to heat things is better controlled by the distance from the work and the air speed than the temp setting on the station.

Personally I use a TS-100 iron and have the temp set at 333. I have not cooked anything yet. If I feel like I need more I can simply hold the front button to push it up to max temp of 400.

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
When soldering with an iron the temperature that gets transferred to the work is controlled by the length of time you place the iron on the work. Many repair technicians run their equipment at max temp but they of course don't place the iron on the work for very long. The idea is to melt the solder and fuse it to the work quickly so you don't transfer a lot of heat to the surrounding things. The other issue with a low temperature is that if the thing your working on has a large thermal mass it can suck too much heat away from the iron tip. You can have a situation where the solder starts to melt, then solidifies to the iron tip. If you panic and then pull, it has a high chance of pulling the pad off the board. If you are patient and wait you have transferred a lot of heat to the surrounding components waiting for the solder to come back up to melting temp.

Same is true for hot air. Your ability to heat things is better controlled by the distance from the work and the air speed than the temp setting on the station.

Personally I use a TS-100 iron and have the temp set at 333. I have not cooked anything yet. If I feel like I need more I can simply hold the front button to push it up to max temp of 400.
Those apu's pad are weird, you might try it, to understand our suffering :D

Hellflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey there, I just knocked off this cap by accident while obtaining 3.3v, anyone has any idea what is this cap called? Will it prevent the console from booting? i was unable to boot the unit into stock

Attachments

• 3.3.jpg
    3.3.jpg
    772.9 KB · Views: 28

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hey there, I just knocked off this cap by accident while obtaining 3.3v, anyone has any idea what is this cap called? Will it prevent the console from booting? i was unable to boot the unit into stock
Its lite right? Theres people in here saying that after those cap gone, the switch still working like usual.

I always advise use the 3.3v in the right. Because there is no component only 2 pad. No risk of component broken by heat, or knocked off.

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those apu's pad are weird, you might try it, to understand our suffering :D
Knowing the theory of soldering doesn't necessarily make it easy. :D Then there's the added stress of knowing that you could mess up your device if you don't get it right.

I haven't used the APU pads, but I had my concerns with the CLK point on my OLED. Are the APU pads harder than that?

• Haha
Reactions: abal1000x

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P