PXL_20230727_021843263.jpg
PXL_20230727_021828974.MP.jpg

TheBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi everyone, i check the guide v6.3 and i see there is another way to soldering the mofset by @abal1000x ?

"Thanks to GBAtemp member abal1000x, the following diagrams are possible alternate MOSFET soldering locations, located on the rear of each board."

So we don't need now to open the cage CPU to soldering the mofset inside ?

like this for the OLED version : View attachment 385192

And the solder point of the source is right here ? :

View attachment 385199

A Big Thank You
This is nice very nice but only board I am completely disassemble is OLED and I have to open the APU cage for clk point anyways.

Reactions: LuigiGad

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is nice very nice but only board I am completely disassemble is OLED and I have to open the APU cage for clk point anyways.
there are adapters where u can grab cmd clk and dat 0 from the emmc directly, altough for that u gotta take the emmc off and reflow it.
but that means permanent dat0 adapter wich is way better anyways Xd

TheBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
there are adapters where u can grab cmd clk and dat 0 from the emmc directly, altough for that u gotta take the emmc off and reflow it.
but that means permanent dat0 adapter wich is way better anyways Xd
Yeah, this is more work and prone to errors.

TheBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
why prone to errors ?
not more work really atleast for me cause i onle install permanent dat0 never used and will never use dat0 adapter cause using those adapter is not a proper installation.
You are right but you need to heat up a portion of the board, It may bend the board or damage the EMMC. It is too risky for my taste. I have stumble upon some problems when using DAT0 adapters but little practice it never fails rn.

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi. I need to mod a V1. I only have V2 apu flex cables left (i dont have any spare mosfets). I saw a new technique ,mounting a single mosfet on the front MB. In theory i should be able to unsolder 1 mosfet from a V2 cable and use that one right? Its the same type of mosfet that everyone uses ..no?
I do realise that nobody can give me an exact answear for what I HAVE and what I BOUGHT but..yeah. in theory it should be the same mosfet?
Also i see some resistances on the flex cable. Should i worry about not having those?
Do keep in mind that i succesfully modded switches with these flex cables so they work.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi. I need to mod a V1. I only have V2 apu flex cables left (i dont have any spare mosfets). I saw a new technique ,mounting a single mosfet on the front MB. In theory i should be able to unsolder 1 mosfet from a V2 cable and use that one right? Its the same type of mosfet that everyone uses ..no?
I do realise that nobody can give me an exact answear for what I HAVE and what I BOUGHT but..yeah. in theory it should be the same mosfet?
Also i see some resistances on the flex cable. Should i worry about not having those?
Do keep in mind that i succesfully modded switches with these flex cables so they work.
Simply expend the SP1 SP2 cap hole and fit in the v2 flex into v1 Soc, and you can even cut out the end flex wiring the cpu cable to the 0 ohm resistor directly.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/post-10138712

• Love
Reactions: Crung

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Simply expend the SP1 SP2 cap hole and fit in the v2 flex into v1 Soc, and you can even cut out the end flex wiring the cpu cable to the 0 ohm resistor directly.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/post-10138712
Is this what you mean?

1690562582901.png

This looks scarry cutting at this level.

Will i have problems if i have 2 mosfets on a V1? Or could i cancel out with the upper mosfet by cutting a trace? If yes,wich one. Maybe like this? My knowledge is very limited
1690562701905.png

Also could i just desolder the top mosfet and call it a day?

Last edited by Crung,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is this what you mean?

View attachment 385573

This looks scarry cutting at this level.

Will i have problems if i have 2 mosfets on a V1? Or could i cancel out with the upper mosfet by cutting a trace? If yes,wich one. Maybe like this? My knowledge is very limited
View attachment 385574
Also could i just desolder the top mosfet and call it a day?
No. I meant cut of the top part(from yellow cross)
And sure you can the either one of the mosfet off the flex and use it as wish,
1690564165472.png

Reactions: Crung

RedFawkes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are right but you need to heat up a portion of the board, It may bend the board or damage the EMMC. It is too risky for my taste. I have stumble upon some problems when using DAT0 adapters but little practice it never fails rn.
That's a fair comment and I was very nervous at first but both the MMC and WiFi/Bluetooth chip take take a lot of heat and they really don't suffer..

I can appreciate that many here are nervous about using hot air and removing chips but I've seen some videos from regular installers, mainly Chinese, and they seem to throw Switch PCB's around like Bilbo Baggins' plates.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sure u gotta heat it up but if u dont put tension on the part u heat up there is no reason to be scared that the board warps.
otherwise all the boards would be bent from factory.

Dat0 adapters are no proper connections and issue are preprogrammed.

if u do a install u should know what u are doing and if u dont know how to properly use a hot air gun or a solder iron then u shouldnt be doing installs (not againt u its just in generall)

like i saide i have prob done 60+ oled by now and never had an emmc fail or a board be bent after reballing so that u say the board bends or the emmc gets damaged is unlikley if u treat the board and emmc properly.

but like i always say everybody do how the like i just hate a none proper connection.

befor u use a dat0 adapter then use the drilling method but stop usign those adapters :-)

RedFawkes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a picture of a WiFi chip I reballed.

The thing is made of glass apparently (it certainly looked like it when I cleaned the top of the chip).
I was convinced that it was never going to work.
I even bought a replacement as I couldn't believe it would function since it spontaneously jumped up off my workbench twice as it cooled. (I'm not sure why but I think as it cooled and contracted while being stuck to the silicone pad with flux it changed shape slightly).
It actually made a 'ping' sound when it jumped. I thought ah well.. game over. I'll just practice on this one and see what happens.

No one was more surprised than me when it worked immediately on first attempt!!

My point is that with the right tools and a sensible mindset reballing is very, very easy.

Attachments

• PXL_20230629_165351216.jpg
    PXL_20230629_165351216.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20230629_165311676.jpg
    PXL_20230629_165311676.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20230628_180526253.jpg
    PXL_20230628_180526253.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20230629_165225844.jpg
    PXL_20230629_165225844.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 27

Mawi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, i did the home button led mod on a switch lite by running a wire from the Din point on the back of the board to the Din point on the rp2040 zero. Now when i power the console a Blue light comes up on the home button and remain there even on atmosphere, Always on. No blinks at all, no Yellow light and even the Blue light isnt so strong. Running Fw 2.73. What can cause this issue?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys, i did the home button led mod on a switch lite by running a wire from the Din point on the back of the board to the Din point on the rp2040 zero. Now when i power the console a Blue light comes up on the home button and remain there even on atmosphere, Always on. No blinks at all, no Yellow light and even the Blue light isnt so strong. Running Fw 2.73. What can cause this issue?
not installing it properly , u did something wrong only proper quality pictures can help ....

Mawi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
not installing it properly , u did something wrong only proper quality pictures can help ....
Here s are two pics of the front, in the back i Just soldered on the pad that i saw on the guide. I hope this can help to find a solution

Attachments

• IMG_20230731_182244.jpg
    IMG_20230731_182244.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20230731_182302.jpg
    IMG_20230731_182302.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 29

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here s are two pics of the front, in the back i Just soldered on the pad that i saw on the guide. I hope this can help to find a solution
i mean quality picture , u can barley tell anything on that picture.

plus we need a picture from everything

Mawi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i mean quality picture , u can barley tell anything on that picture.

plus we need a picture from everything
Sorry for the low quality pictures but i cant do better ones atm. Anyway im not new to soldering, the rp2040 mod ita working great since months, Just want to add this cool mod. I can confirm that the wire is soldered in the points indicated in the guide Just doesnt work properly.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for the low quality pictures but i cant do better ones atm. Anyway im not new to soldering, the rp2040 mod ita working great since months, Just want to add this cool mod. I can confirm that the wire is soldered in the points indicated in the guide Just doesnt work properly.
well i guess then there is nothing wrong with ur mod since u know how to mod and u can confirm the everything is soldered properly then it should work properly i guess.

but what i wonder since everything is installed properly but u only get a blue light and that constantly so how could every been installed correct?

u get my point ?

something has to be wrong otherwise it would work.
there are a few other people who got it working properly and they installed it with the guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Fun fact @SylverReZ: iirc one of the goals on the fnf Kickstarter stated that pico 2 would be finished but the Kickstarter didnt get enough money for that goal to be fullfiled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, FNF sucks, their community is toxic as hell.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ its a single player game
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, Yea but it has a shitton of mods with their own songs and stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and quite a lot of people involved in those mods get cancelled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Newgrounds wasn't the birth of FNF; rather, it was games where you beat up celebrities and parodies.
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    FNF was born from Game Jams
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    Specifically Ludum Dare 47
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, and Sonic fights a la dragón ball z