Picofly AIO Thread

PS4Xbox720

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have a problem with my Switch OLED. It won't boot any longer.
It blinks blue one time, then yellow 5 or 6 times and nothing happens :(

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have a problem with my Switch OLED. It won't boot any longer.
It blinks blue one time, then yellow 5 or 6 times and nothing happens :(
you have to read the morse code then come back here . Only the yellow light counts. * is short pulse = is long pulse.
Post automatically merged:

in the github page you have a txt file called codeerrors

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, after a picofly installation f*ckup that killed the APU in one of my switches, I decided to buy a new mainboard-emuMMC combo from an ebay store and test my luck.
The switch is now working, but the person that board belonged to had parental controls with linked mobile app installed!!!

My question as expected is:
After installing picofly on the new board, will I be able to restore BOTH CFW and OFW to factory settings somehow?
Thanks
yeah afaik there is a way to get rid of it once u installed a chip , if u search the nintendo switch forum im pretty sure u will be able to find a solution :-)

provato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
yeah afaik there is a way to get rid of it once u installed a chip , if u search the nintendo switch forum im pretty sure u will be able to find a solution :-)
are you talking about this?: https://gbatemp.net/threads/reset-parental-control-nx-an-easy-to-reset-the-pin-for-controls.556891/
I've also read somewhere that after you find the "device ID" inside prodinfo, you visit this website: https://mkey.salthax.org/
and generate a "master key" to reset the PIN/console.
Any more details about how I can get rid of parental controls and still be able to use OFW online without being banned?
Or maybe any info on how exactly to find the Device ID using a payload from Hekate?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
are you talking about this?: https://gbatemp.net/threads/reset-parental-control-nx-an-easy-to-reset-the-pin-for-controls.556891/
I've also read somewhere that after you find the "device ID" inside prodinfo, you visit this website: https://mkey.salthax.org/
and generate a "master key" to reset the PIN/console.
Any more details about how I can get rid of parental controls and still be able to use OFW online without being banned?
Or maybe any info on how exactly to find the Device ID using a payload from Hekate?
yeah thats what i was talking about :-)

PS4Xbox720

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
you have to read the morse code then come back here . Only the yellow light counts. * is short pulse = is long pulse.

in the github page you have a txt file called codeerrors

Can someone help me with the morse?
I uploaded a short video to show how it blinks:

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, maybe you didn't realize the handheld issue with LED mod on joycon
I don't know, I put a 100nf 0201 cap on the LED data line coming from the RP2040 as you had tried in one of your posts, everything seems to be functioning fine with the joycon, both wired and wireless.

crazycrash_hum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone, i check the guide v6.3 and i see there is another way to soldering the mofset by @abal1000x ?

"Thanks to GBAtemp member abal1000x, the following diagrams are possible alternate MOSFET soldering locations, located on the rear of each board."

So we don't need now to open the cage CPU to soldering the mofset inside ?

like this for the OLED version :
OLED Alternate MOSFET soldering locations.png

And the solder point of the source is right here ? :

Source Point.png

A Big Thank You

Last edited by crazycrash_hum,

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, i check the guide v6.3 and i see there is another way to soldering the mofset by @abal1000x ?

"Thanks to GBAtemp member abal1000x, the following diagrams are possible alternate MOSFET soldering locations, located on the rear of each board."

So we don't need now to open the cage CPU to soldering the mofset inside ?

like this for the OLED version : View attachment 385192

And the solder point of the source is right here ? :

View attachment 385199

A Big Thank You
To respond to your questions in order, yes, yes, yes, and you're welcome.

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This will be quite a blow to the HWFly team that were at least still able to sell CPU flex cables 😅
i bought cpu flex cables for 1 dollar. So far (4 days) they work flawlessly. HWFLY asks for 10$ for them

I have 2x V1 and 1x Lite done with them

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
To respond to your questions in order, yes, yes, yes, and you're welcome.
in the diagrams we see only 1 mosfet used for oled and lite (whereas on the cpu we use x2 mosfets). Is that an error and we still need to use 2 ? Or now its just 1 ?

R3dC4p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having far too much trouble getting picofly to work on this patched erista switch. I have tried several cards (PNY, Samsung, SanDisk), of several capacities, 64-256 GB, with multiple sd card readers. I have tried both and actual rpi 2040 soldered, and an aliexpress picofly on a flex PCB. no matter which combination of the above I try, it glitches successfully, but I get 'unable to in it SDcard.' All I could find on this was 'Use a Samsung SD' That doesn't seem to work.

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having far too much trouble getting picofly to work on this patched erista switch. I have tried several cards (PNY, Samsung, SanDisk), of several capacities, 64-256 GB, with multiple sd card readers. I have tried both and actual rpi 2040 soldered, and an aliexpress picofly on a flex PCB. no matter which combination of the above I try, it glitches successfully, but I get 'unable to in it SDcard.' All I could find on this was 'Use a Samsung SD' That doesn't seem to work.
If you're drawing 3.3v power from the SD card slot, you are inhibiting the system from initializing the SD reader by drawing power away from the SD card and using it to power the rp2040. Where are you getting voltage from? Send pics

R3dC4p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.3 and ground are coming from caps near the charging controller, at least on the rp2040 install. The hwfly-like picofly board I was originally trying to get working pulls from the emmc connector. Same spots I'm pulling from on my trinket install in my unpatched switch... I only swapped in one of my regular 2040s while trying to troubleshoot the purpose-made board. Same symptom on both. And both the SDcard and reader work perfectly fine in my unpatched switch, as well as in OFW on the patched switch I'm trying to mod.

PXL_20230727_005455561.jpg

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.3 and ground are coming from caps near the charging controller, at least on the rp2040 install. The hwfly-like picofly board I was originally trying to get working pulls from the emmc connector. Same spots I'm pulling from on my trinket install in my unpatched switch... I only swapped in one of my regular 2040s while trying to troubleshoot the purpose-made board. Same symptom on both. And both the SDcard and reader work perfectly fine in my unpatched switch, as well as in OFW on the patched switch I'm trying to mod.

View attachment 385375
Take a few more high quality photos of the rest of your install please. Also, make sure to clean up any flux when you're testing, because certain fluxes can be mildly conductive and introduce more random issues to your install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says...