Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Cutting of the shield is not required. You can run the wires carefully through the hole where the fan is and lay the board on top of the metal guard, just place some kapton tape to keep from shorting.View attachment 419356

This is what I prefer as well. Just additionally grinding a small hole in the corner to make a cable way to relieve stress when closing the metal sheet instead of getting pressed with the fan.

Viktorsilva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
IMG_4645.JPG

I always preferred the method of cutting the metal protection with my dremel. fits Modchip better.

Reactions: BigOnYa

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Ok! I gave up on this board. I took the cpu off and will install it into the other board. Will update the result in 30'.
Post automatically merged:

Update: Shit! Maybe i placed the chip the wrong way.

Attachments

• IMG_20240212_114154.jpg
    IMG_20240212_114154.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20240212_115716.jpg
    IMG_20240212_115716.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20240212_131421.jpg
    IMG_20240212_131421.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Last edited by superxoi,
Reactions: FXDX

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Ok! I gave up on this board. I took the cpu off and will install it into the other board. Will update the result in 30'.

Update: Shit! Maybe i placed the chip the wrong way.
The Wi-Fi chipset had to be reflowed or replaced. Does not require Tegra reball...

Reactions: susi91

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The Wi-Fi chipset had to be reflowed or replaced. Does not require Tegra reball...
If life is that easy i would be happy with it. No friend this was not wifi related problem. To be clear , i did not reball for the orange board , i took the cpu off from the orange one,reballed it and installed to a board i thought that could be save (dead cpu board).

Last edited by superxoi,

_kedo_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
If life is that easy i would be happy with it. No friend this was not wifi related problem. To be clear , i did not reball for the orange board , i took the cpu off from the orange one,reballed it and installed to a board i thought that could be save (dead cpu board).
what about this?:
1707726181458.png
did you moved this ic's also from an orange board?
Also you could try to install picofly, if hekate will load its UI, then all you PMIC's and DDR is not dead.

Last edited by _kedo_,

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
what about this?:
Also you could try to install picofly, if hekate will load its UI, then all you PMIC's and DDR is not dead.
Some say it is not paired to the cpu so i haven't changed that ic yet. I have checked the pmic , it seem to be ok (no crack, no evidence of work on it) . there was a missing pad on the missing cpu board but i don't think it a funtional one so i ignored it.

Found cut traces near the bottom ram maybe this one is causing the bluescreen

Attachments

• IMG_20240212_160150.jpg
    IMG_20240212_160150.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Last edited by superxoi,
Reactions: _kedo_

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
what about this?:
I doubt that emmc married.
Many people modified that successfully.

Some say it is not paired to the cpu so i haven't changed that ic yet. I have checked the pmic , it seem to be ok (no crack, no evidence of work on it) . there was a missing pad on the missing cpu board but i don't think it a funtional one so i ignored it.

Found cut traces near the bottom ram maybe this one is causing the bluescreen
I remember someone said in this thread long time ago, they have cut traces on cpu to dram line, caused when he opened the shield and got blue or blackscreen kind of forgot.

DumbSolder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey yall, I tried installing picofly 2040 on my oled and I kept getting the *== error then it booted to ofw. I used the fpcb cable and the voltages read correctly and so I unsoldered the D point. Doesn’t want to boot anymore. I desoldered everything and nothing. I made sure the mod chip threw other codes by unsoldering the B wire and C wire. But anyway here’s a pic. Should I diode test something? D still measures correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_1982.jpeg
    IMG_1982.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by DumbSolder,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey yall, I tried installing picofly 2040 on my oled and I kept getting the *== error then it booted to ofw. I used the fpcb cable and the voltages read correctly and so I unsoldered the D point. Doesn’t want to boot anymore. I desoldered everything and nothing. I made sure the mod chip threw other codes by unsoldering the B wire and C wire. But anyway here’s a pic. Should I diode test something? D still measures correctly.
Are you sure your red circled via point still have connection to the rest of the red trace? Measure the continuity if you have sharp prob lead
1707773661481.png

DumbSolder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure your red circled via point still have connection to the rest of the red trace? Measure the continuity if you have sharp prob lead
View attachment 419682
Yup the dot reads 535

I also noticed that if I prob the trace line not the via, it’s 619. Would that cause the switch to not boot up at all? Regardless if the mod chip is on?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
Last edited by DumbSolder,

Phathom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know where I can find a reliable place to buy the ribbon cable for the V2,Lite,OLED APU? Or even a schematic for PCB way or such to just order them made?

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Yup the dot reads 535

I also noticed that if I prob the trace line not the via, it’s 619. Would that cause the switch to not boot up at all? Regardless if the mod chip is on?
It is. You have to make a blob between the trace and the via as my picture below i took from a case i fixed or run a wire connecting them.

Attachments

• IMG_20240206_112028.jpg
    IMG_20240206_112028.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20

DumbSolder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is. You have to make a blob between the trace and the via as my picture below i took from a case i fixed or run a wire connecting them.
Ah okay, I’ll try that. I ordered a microscope and solder mask. I should’ve done that in the beginning lmao. I’ll update you once I finish.

Viktorsilva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yup the dot reads 535

Hi

you cutted the CLK point. Naturally the Switch wont power on or boot. I agree with @jkyoho, you need to rebuild via. Be very careful not to destroy the litle piece of trace that went under the Tegra CPU. It´s your last chance because if you fail to solder a thin wire from via to trace after that only removing the CPU to get into CLK which becomes a more accomplished task.

What's the point of the trinket if pico fly is much easier install? I've never installed a trinket before so I would like to know the benefit.
That is a very old photo from the time in which there was no Picofly or whatever. I used to install it on V1 to emulate RCM without the need to use a jig and to inject payload into SDA and SCL. it worked very well:)

Last edited by Viktorsilva,

DumbSolder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

you cutted the CLK point. Naturally the Switch wont power on or boot. I agree with @jkyoho, you need the rebuid via. Be very careful not to destroy the litle piece of trace that went under the Tegra CPU. It´s your last chance because if you fail to solder a thin wire from via to trace. After that only removing the CPU to get into CLK which becomes a more accomplished task.
Thank, do you recommend I do the wire or the blob for the sake of testing? I am waiting on my solder mask and microscope before I do anything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus