The vertical resistor?
1706297753265.png

rull_bull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
hi any one have measurements of the clk cmd data reset . cpu .. ja all... in scale diode ? any schematisc for mariko .... i have issue only boot in ofw ...

need valor in diode scale the all point ... to confirmed is ok ... like cmd 0.500 ohm etc

Right back at you, post your values and pictures of your soldering first

Reactions: twins333

deesil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I added a picofly rp2040-tiny to a V1 patched switch. When I did it I used 36 awg wire with silicon insulation. I had originally intended to use 40 awg magnet wire but it was just too hard to manipulate with the tools I had, and when I did get the wire soldered in, I found that the joints weren't strong enough to keep from being pulled out.

When I packed up the v1 I trimmed the wires down a little too short and didn't have enough length to route them, but I am still a little concerned about how to route them. They're "big" and take up space.

Fortunately I managed to get everything closed up, there are no bulges, and the system is working beautifully.

I'm going to do 3 lites and I'm wondering if I should use the 40 or the 36 awg wire. I bought some fine point tweezers and solder mask. My hope is I can better hold the wire and that I can support the joints with solder mask.

Is this the way to go? Should I use the 36? How do you measure out the length of the wire and do the routing before you've assembled the system? Last time I was trimming and stripping wires that were soldered down... And that was precarious.

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I added a picofly rp2040-tiny to a V1 patched switch. When I did it I used 36 awg wire with silicon insulation. I had originally intended to use 40 awg magnet wire but it was just too hard to manipulate with the tools I had, and when I did get the wire soldered in, I found that the joints weren't strong enough to keep from being pulled out.

When I packed up the v1 I trimmed the wires down a little too short and didn't have enough length to route them, but I am still a little concerned about how to route them. They're "big" and take up space.

Fortunately I managed to get everything closed up, there are no bulges, and the system is working beautifully.

I'm going to do 3 lites and I'm wondering if I should use the 40 or the 36 awg wire. I bought some fine point tweezers and solder mask. My hope is I can better hold the wire and that I can support the joints with solder mask.

Is this the way to go? Should I use the 36? How do you measure out the length of the wire and do the routing before you've assembled the system? Last time I was trimming and stripping wires that were soldered down... And that was precarious.
Im using 36awg (before 34awg even thicker) and has no issues with soldering them. Just make sure to have enough solder on your tip and onto the board and use flux.

One thing i prep is to cut every wire to 5cm lenght. This way I have enough room for soldering and rerouting wires. Overtime, I built up my own set of placement of the chip as well for each switch so it will be easier for me to cut and reroute wires.

• Love
Reactions: deesil

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

Try to use 40awg with insulation.
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005005518392770.html

Viktorsilva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys

i´m a big fan of this forum because i learn every day from the posts i read here :) . I started installing modchips in Sony PSX (witch the first pic 12c508F for those who remember )and never stopped since. Here some of my many Switch´s installed mods:

image5.jpeg
image4.jpeg
image3 (1).jpeg
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Currently I prefer to make the OLEDs in a top layer version. The end result is incomparable. despite having a return percentage of 3% due to failure or displacement of the Dat0 adapter, the OFW boot often failed on OLEDs thanks to the interference created by the numerous electrical signals from the crossed cables.

As far as MOSFETs are concerned, I prefer installing a single MOSFET directly to the CPU.

I usually remove the MOSFETs with a heat gun from the CPU Flex (NP2016) and I love how easy they are to solder and integrate into the mod. But I recently ordered IRFHS8342 from https://www.reichelt.com/ and they all worked perfectly. But in the last batch that they sent to me, many of them had a strange detail. The Sourse (S) pin is bridged with the Drain (D). So every time I try to use them I get the famous ==* error, which is what you would expect. Is there a way to remove this bridge ?

Pulling power into one of this pins maybe ? I cant find the way even after google for some time ....

here is the batch:

image0 (1).jpeg

I would like to say that I have been reading this post and of the 733 pages it contains, I have already read 425 ;)))))

thanks for any advice/Help .

Attachments

• 1706393175043.png
    1706393175043.png
    312 bytes · Views: 24
Last edited by Viktorsilva,

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear a lot of rumblings about Picofly being unstable and causing EMMC issues. Is this really a thing or is this a side effect of the RP2040 based hwfly clones having quality control (I know likely not a thing :rofl:) issues?

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
I hear a lot of rumblings about Picofly being unstable and causing EMMC issues. Is this really a thing or is this a side effect of the RP2040 based hwfly clones having quality control (I know likely not a thing :rofl:) issues?

it's mostly because people keep installing them with 47 ohm resistors for dat0/cmd, which is also the case for many of the chinese clones, which makes ofw unstable on some switches. Just use 100 ohm and it works perfectly on (almost) all switches

Reactions: l7777

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hey guys

i´m a big fan of this forum because i learn every day from the posts i read here :) . I started installing modchips in Sony PSX (witch the first pic 12c508F for those who remember )and never stopped since. Here some of my many Switch´s installed mods:

View attachment 416638View attachment 416639View attachment 416645View attachment 416640View attachment 416641View attachment 416642View attachment 416643

Currently I prefer to make the OLEDs in a top layer version. The end result is incomparable. despite having a return percentage of 3% due to failure or displacement of the Dat0 adapter, the OFW boot often failed on OLEDs thanks to the interference created by the numerous electrical signals from the crossed cables.

As far as MOSFETs are concerned, I prefer installing a single MOSFET directly to the CPU.

I usually remove the MOSFETs with a heat gun from the CPU Flex (NP2016) and I love how easy they are to solder and integrate into the mod. But I recently ordered IRFHS8342 from https://www.reichelt.com/ and they all worked perfectly. But in the last batch that they sent to me, many of them had a strange detail. The Sourse (S) pin is bridged with the Drain (D). So every time I try to use them I get the famous ==* error, which is what you would expect. Is there a way to remove this bridge ?

Pulling power into one of this pins maybe ? I cant find the way even after google for some time ....

here is the batch:

View attachment 416648

I would like to say that I have been reading this post and of the 733 pages it contains, I have already read 425 ;)))))

thanks for any advice/Help .
Use this one instead of irh8342. This one is "1 for 1 console" literally. Forgot the link , the name is aon6414a.
Post automatically merged:

Update on my situation. I have replaced almost all the ic on this 2$ deadboard and the switch boot pass switch joycon logo but greeted with orange screen. I didn't have any spare wifi ic so i took the ic off first. But to my suprise the switch still stuck in orange screen. Do anyone know what components aside from wifi ic causing the orange screen. Thank in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20240128_105434.jpg
    IMG_20240128_105434.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20240128_105258.jpg
    IMG_20240128_105258.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 15

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Use this one instead of irh8342. This one is "1 for 1 console" literally. Forgot the link , the name is aon6414a.

Update on my situation. I have replaced almost all the ic on this 2$ deadboard and the switch boot pass switch joycon logo but greeted with orange screen. I didn't have any spare wifi ic so i took the ic off first. But to my suprise the switch still stuck in orange screen. Do anyone know what components aside from wifi ic causing the orange screen. Thank in advance.
According to the panic code orange means an unknown exception something related to SMC.
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Panic_codes

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
According to the panic code orange means an unknown exception something related to SMC.
https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Panic_codes
I will investigate this board for two more days. If i can not fix it i will swap the cpu for the other board. This is the first time i encountered an orange green but not causing by wifi ic. Everyday a new lesson. Shit!

gamerpemula

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
halo apakah ada yang bisa membantu saya? saya ada kendala tidak bisa membuat emummc

hallo apakah ada yang bisa membantu saya? saya ada kendala tidak bisa creat emummc

Attachments

• IMG20240128224857.jpg
    IMG20240128224857.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 17

Jefix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Guys, does the "long long short" error only appear if there is a mosfet problem or could there be another reason? I tried the circuit with two and one mosfet, but I get this error every time.
(switch lite)

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Guys, does the "long long short" error only appear if there is a mosfet problem or could there be another reason? I tried the circuit with two and one mosfet, but I get this error every time.
(switch lite)
If your mosfet is bad ,remove it and do a new one. 1 or two is not a problem.

Reactions: Jefix

Jefix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
I know the mosfet can be replaced. I just want to make sure that the problem is definitely in the transistor and not something else. Soldering such small things is very tedious for me.

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I know the mosfet can be replaced. I just want to make sure that the problem is definitely in the transistor and not something else. Soldering such small things is very tedious for me.

If your ofw works fine then yes, either the mosfet or the 47ohm resistor on the chip

Reactions: Jefix

KingMasta1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If anyone needs a v1 flexcable for their HFfly/Picoflys just pm me.
I have a brand new one and would give it away for a couple bucks :)

Attachments

• IMG_20240128_130130.jpg
    IMG_20240128_130130.jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20240128_130107.jpg
    IMG_20240128_130107.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Meme Lord
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If anyone needs a v1 flexcable for their HFfly/Picoflys just pm me.
I have a brand new one and would give it away for a couple bucks :)
They're just cheaper to buy alone on AliExpress. I've seen them go up for $1-3 bucks a piece.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Veho, where's the poll at?
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    they're giving the internet an open text box?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never played or own any of they devices, but I like small style, but with a somewhat grip
    oh man, that always goes great!
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia +1