Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@twins333 @FXDX

Thanks, guys. I did try it and it's ridiculously fast. I'll try it on a couple of more OLEDs before determining if it's better than the single pad.

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8130.mov
    21.3 MB

twins333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
@twins333 @FXDX

Thanks, guys. I did try it and it's ridiculously fast. I'll try it on a couple of more OLEDs before determining if it's better than the single pad.
Don't thank me, I haven't done anything to help the scene. the back of the board mosfet install was discovered/developed by @abal1000x, @deeps, @raksmey1231 and a few others. fxdx confirmed that it works quite well, I was around to help with info gathered from here.
Here is the back of the board schematic source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/page-560#post-10196711

Also I can't see any difference in boot times between my v2 install and the oled done by fxdx. both boot really fast. are oleds notorious for slower boot times when modded?

Last edited by twins333,

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't thank me, I haven't done anything to help the scene. the back of the board mosfet install was discovered/developed by @abal1000x, @deeps, @raksmey1231 and a few others. fxdx confirmed that it works quite well, I was around to help with info gathered from here.

Also I can't see any difference in boot times between my v2 install and the oled done by fxdx. both boot really fast. are oleds notorious for slower boot times when modded?
Not to my knowledge when doing the two APU caps, I've never waited for than 30 seconds for a glitch except in two OLEDs when I did the one-pad back mosfet. They boot somewhere between 45 sec to 2 minutes.

This one seems very promising though.

Reactions: twins333 and FXDX

revsgrow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
Brazil
That is pull down resistor, its not mandatory.
Without it the glitching still works.

Take a photo on your works, if there are probable mistakes we might point it out.

Good Morning.

See images bellow.

Error code
*==
Post automatically merged:

That is pull down resistor, its not mandatory.
Without it the glitching still works.

Take a photo on your works, if there are probable mistakes we might point it out.
Hello!
I forgot send a image of mosfet.

See image bellow.

Now the error changed.
Is ==* (long, long, small). CPU always reach BCT check. (No glitch reaction.

Attachments

• IMG_1746.mov
    26.7 MB
  • IMG_1745.jpeg
    IMG_1745.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1743.jpeg
    IMG_1743.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1751.jpeg
    IMG_1751.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
Last edited by revsgrow,

RiotRetroGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Picofly soldered on Oled with mosfet on the back pcb. I took the mosfet from the defective connection ribbon of one Hwfly. I used some thin copper wire to solder on the capacitor and loaded it with more tin. Excellent glitch time.
View attachment 383308

This is the sort of times I get with all my modded OLEDs I sell.

I have been covering my smallest soldered points with uv activated pcb resist however.
Maybe this is limiting interference?

Attachments

• VID-20230711-WA0082.mp4
    9.9 MB
Reactions: FXDX and FreeLander

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Good Morning.

See images bellow.

Error code
*==
Post automatically merged:

Hello!
I forgot send a image of mosfet.

See image bellow.

Now the error changed.
Is ==* (long, long, small). CPU always reach BCT check. (No glitch reaction.
From the picture, looks fine to me.

There are 3 possible cause:
1. The gate connection is not good enough. The glitch from rp2040-zero might not delivered to the mosfet Gate. Try to resolder the pin15 rp2040-zero and the mosfet G. And check the continuity between it, using multimeter.
2. The cmd line is not good enough. The previous error is about the CMD/CLK/Dat0. Pico will sniff the glitch status from CMD line. Maybe the cmd line problematic. Try to resolder the endpoint, then check the continuity. If necessary add the resistor to around 100 ohms. (Add another 47 ohm in series)
3. My hunch says that you use solder heat around 200-250 degrees C. Need a higher one when soldering the mosfet, especially the D part. if necessary put copper in between. Copper have a better conductivity than Tin (Sn or Pb). The mosfet purposes is to steal the power (the current) from ic max which goes to the cpu at a certain time. So need a good conductivity, lower resistance to do it.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

1. The gate connection is not good enough. The glitch from rp2040-zero might not delivered to the mosfet Gate. Try to resolder the pin15 rp2040-zero and the mosfet G. And check the continuity between it, using multimeter.
2. The cmd line is not good enough. The previous error is about the CMD/CLK/Dat0. Pico will sniff the glitch status from CMD line. Maybe the cmd line problematic. Try to resolder the endpoint, then check the continuity. If necessary add the resistor to around 100 ohms. (Add another 47 ohm in series)
3. My hunch says that you use solder heat around 200-250 degrees C. Need a higher one when soldering the mosfet, especially the D part. if necessary put copper in between. Copper have a better conductivity than Tin (Sn or Pb). The mosfet purposes is to steal the power (the current) from ic max which goes to the cpu at a certain time. So need a good conductivity, lower resistance to do it.
So I say low melt is not good for MOSFET soldering?

revsgrow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
Brazil

Hello, I’m here again.

I will attach photos of the new installation.
I already advance that I was not successful in the glitch.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

I used copper in the new installation of the mosfet.

Grateful for the attention.

Error code ==* (long, long, small)

Attachments

• IMG_1754.jpeg
    IMG_1754.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1755.jpeg
    IMG_1755.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 62

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada

revsgrow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
Brazil

Attachments

• photo_5012639173223492804_y.jpg
    photo_5012639173223492804_y.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 40
  • photo_5012639173223492803_y.jpg
    photo_5012639173223492803_y.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 56
  • photo_5012639173223492802_y.jpg
    photo_5012639173223492802_y.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 49

revsgrow

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Look closely and you should see what you missing
Sorry,
I took this image as a basis. That's why I said there wasn't.

I would like to know what the value of this resistor is and where I can find it. I have a ninteno switch lite card.

Can I remove this resistor from the Nintendo Switch Lite board?

Attachments

• photo_5010638942529236247_y.jpg
    photo_5010638942529236247_y.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 60

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry,
I took this image as a basis. That's why I said there wasn't.
That's a HAC-CPU-XX v1 board, And you have a HAD-CPU-01 V2 board, clearly you have a bad reference sample.

Here is my v2 board screenshot
1689365433115.png

Last edited by jkyoho,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Got taken down? Another one bites the dust
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not taken down, but had to remove a bunch of games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sirloin sounds good tonight
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah it does
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    RIP Vimm's Lair (most of the games anyway), you will be missed

also i think this is a great time and reason to bring back a hashtag previously used about ubisoft
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    #stopkillinggames
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #mailmesomesirloinsteak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mail you deeze nuts
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be cheap, flat rate small envelope. Me- "Hey this envelope is empty, oh that makes since."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still fits in your mouth the same way
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was looking at steaks other day at grocery, can't believe some cuts (angus) are like $25 a pound. Crazyness. Price of good fish is just as bad.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    when i go to college,what do you guys think i should major?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    inb4 computer science
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fake Leg scratching 101
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    IT support you can act like your own farts smell like cherries that way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Odin 2s $300 lol no
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    The Mini is even more lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That RG cube is starting to look like the better value price creep option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a handheld gaming system with a tablet sized screen, like a 8 or10" screen, with controllers that can detach like the Switch.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @BigOnYa i was legitimately trying to scratch my leg, this is reminding me of that cylinder post
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I don't see the buzz about a square screen personally. I think there will be a review on the site within a few weeks though if you are interested.
    +1
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I've put down the money on the Odin 2 Mini since I just love that Vita form factor. Loved the power of the Odin 2 but the size always put me off, this one seems exactly what I've been wanting.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't care about the square screen it's just nice to hold something you don't have to stretch your arms a foots length
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I don't care about the square screen it's just nice to hold something you don't have to stretch...