Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I’ve just received the “New” DAT0 adapter. They look like the “good” ones, am I right?
Yep, these look good. Just dont push too hard on them since the contact point looks a bit long and might bend sideways if alot of pressure is put to it.

Reactions: jmmc

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
@QuiTim @jkyoho thank you for your patience; here is the diagram for how I attached the status LED to the joy-con PCB. I removed the original home button LED in my installation, though it may be possible to mount the status LED directly next to the original, as the LED used on the RP2040 zero is smaller than the one on my seeed xiao RP2040. I also cut a hole in the rubber membrane between the button and the motherboard, to accommodate the LED and make certain the button could depress properly.

View attachment 380935
DIN point on the RP2040-Zero:

View attachment 380940

points to connect the LED DIN line from the RP2040 to the joy-con rail ribbon connector (first is v1/v2, second is oled):

View attachment 380939View attachment 380936

edit: while I have the photoshop file open, here is a diagram for how I wired my lite install as well. this one is far more practical and I have seen a couple other people do it since my first post, so it would be fun to see more home button lights moving forward

View attachment 380957
Very nice, thank you for your efforts and detail diagrams.
And just did test on my v2 with rp2040zero led. The led is small enough no need to cut the cushion.

For v2 board, JRST/pin6 can be solder on the resistor from picture blow.
1688133156693.png

Attachments

• LED.mp4
    18.7 MB
Last edited by jkyoho,

HackMan37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
@QuiTim @jkyoho thank you for your patience; here is the diagram for how I attached the status LED to the joy-con PCB. I removed the original home button LED in my installation, though it may be possible to mount the status LED directly next to the original, as the LED used on the RP2040 zero is smaller than the one on my seeed xiao RP2040. I also cut a hole in the rubber membrane between the button and the motherboard, to accommodate the LED and make certain the button could depress properly.

View attachment 380935
DIN point on the RP2040-Zero:

View attachment 380940

points to connect the LED DIN line from the RP2040 to the joy-con rail ribbon connector (first is v1/v2, second is oled):

View attachment 380939View attachment 380936

edit: while I have the photoshop file open, here is a diagram for how I wired my lite install as well. this one is far more practical and I have seen a couple other people do it since my first post, so it would be fun to see more home button lights moving forward

View attachment 380957
Can we use the official led? since the color doesn't matter, it's just long or short led pulse, no?

Last edited by HackMan37,

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your opinion if the error code is throws to the audio speaker.
Since speaker exist on every tipe of switch?

Long and short sounds using the Switch's existing speaker(s)? I LOVE the idea.

Then, no matter how long it takes to glitch, and if you can't see the LED, the user can hear a startup chime too.
Post automatically merged:

i'm doing all my installs with 100 ohm resistors for dat0/cmd and 47 ohm for clk. haven't had any ofw problems with any switch yet.

I recently got my 1st slow emmc and it's a SUPER bummer to basically finish the Switch and then go back and change\add resistors. Your posts about ONLY using 100\100\47 resistor sets are one of the few remaining reasons I continue to read the PFly threads.

I will now be doing all my installs the same way.

Last edited by LogicalMadness,

HackMan37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Apologies, yes, I didn't add the word adapter for the dat0.

So, my even with out a dat0 adapter its advised to use 100 ohm resistor?

The adaptor it's just for soldering things, so yes, you need the resistor or design an adaptor that includes it.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Apologies, yes, I didn't add the word adapter for the dat0.

So, my even with out a dat0 adapter its advised to use 100 ohm resistor?
Yes, resistors need to be added on all installations. And after a few months and alot of people doing this mod it seems that it is better to use 100ohm on dat0 and cmd and leave the same 47ohm on clk.
I used 47 on all 3 point in all my installations and I only needed to add second 47ohm (94ohm in total) to dat0 once in an upatched V1.
But I will use 100ohm in any future installs just to see what happens.

Last edited by QuiTim,

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Look at this POS:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1500188493/mail-in-mod-service-for-oled-v1-v2-lite?click_key=816a8141040b903c5b9f744a8ee4bae922cf05d7:1500188493&click_sum=578b89d8&ref=shop_home_feat_3

"Kindly note that there are a few vendors on Etsy who offer a similar service at a lower cost. Their approach involves using a low-cost PR2040 board and tampering with the EMMC of your Switch. It is important to note that if Nintendo releases an update to combat copyright infringement, your Switch may become permanently unusable. On the other hand, the mod we use is safe and reversible. We can easily undo the mod if Nintendo introduces an update to prevent it."

WTF! This is the same seller that @lightninjay highlighted a week or so back about selling rp2040 with resistors and usb removed for £30. What a POS (From England).

• Haha
Reactions: jkyoho

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Look at this POS:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1500188493/mail-in-mod-service-for-oled-v1-v2-lite?click_key=816a8141040b903c5b9f744a8ee4bae922cf05d7:1500188493&click_sum=578b89d8&ref=shop_home_feat_3

"Kindly note that there are a few vendors on Etsy who offer a similar service at a lower cost. Their approach involves using a low-cost PR2040 board and tampering with the EMMC of your Switch. It is important to note that if Nintendo releases an update to combat copyright infringement, your Switch may become permanently unusable. On the other hand, the mod we use is safe and reversible. We can easily undo the mod if Nintendo introduces an update to prevent it."

WTF! This is the same seller that @lightninjay highlighted a week or so back about selling rp2040 with resistors and usb removed for £30. What a POS (From England).
What a big piece of bullshit xD

Elpoep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, resistors need to be added on all installations. And after a few months and alot of people doing this mod it seems that it is better to use 100ohm on dat0 and cmd and leave the same 47ohm on clk.
I used 47 on all 3 point in all my installations and I only needed to add second 47ohm (92ohm in total) to dat0 once in an upatched V1.
But I will use 100ohm in any future installs just to see what happens.
LOL... I know the resistors need to be used on the install. I was asking, as you chimed in to my quoted question to another member, regarding using the 100 ohm on the dat0 and CLK. My question was specifically for the OLED because its a little different and requires the dat0 adapter. But, it seems like you answered my question -- I'll be using 100 ohm resistors for the dat0 and CLK and the 47 ohm other connections requiring a resistor on any version I mod.

Thanks for your help.

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at this POS:

What a chuckleF*$&, they even used the graphic I made for all three switches in the guide, ripped it straight from the PDF, font and all.

What a P.O.S.

Wtf do they think ANY of these mods are doing? Every single one of these kinds of mods (HWFLY, Instinct, Picofly) rely on modifying a portion of the eMMC to be able to boot unsigned code.

Reactions: Takezo-San

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0