Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

LazarusGX4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
...Alternate Solder Points for DAT0, CMD, CLK, RST ...(??????????) on Switch Lite
????

For Confirmation....

from http://balika011.hu/switch/lite/

alt.jpg

alt3.jpg

RST Alt.jpg

Last edited by LazarusGX4,

Dlacica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Soo i can use v2 flex cabel on oled? Do I need to solder both points?

Attachments

• 16821902544568818412133766448876.jpg
    16821902544568818412133766448876.jpg
    787.5 KB · Views: 44

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello. What color should I get if successfully glitched with a Raspberry Pi Pico? Should it just blink green?
No color. Before that is Green blink and then the LED goes off.
What LED color are you getting? Did you check if you need to short the RGB jumper on the RP2040? (if you get RED when writing FW to the RP2040, you get the correct LED color for troubnleshooting, otherwise, short the jumpers).

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No color. Before that is Green blink and then the LED goes off.
What LED color are you getting? Did you check if you need to short the RGB jumper on the RP2040? (if you get RED when writing FW to the RP2040, you get the correct LED color for troubnleshooting, otherwise, short the jumpers).
Hello. Thanks for replying. I do RGB jumpers on all of my rp2040s and get a good red color. I decided to try an RP pico and like you said, green then nothing as I understood the RR pico does not have RGB modification.

I'm 99% sure it glitched successfully, but it's so frustrating to know that I scratched the OLED's screen ribbon cable so much while removing it and I think I've damaged it. This was confirmed when I removed the pico and turned on the device, black screen but I'm getting sounds and joy-con vibrations.

Did the tough part and screwed up on the easy one. I ordered another screen and will see how it goes.

IMG_6762.JPG

• Sad
Reactions: Dlacica and QuiTim

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello. Thanks for replying. I do RGB jumpers on all of my rp2040s and get a good red color. I decided to try an RP pico and like you said, green then nothing as I understood the RR pico does not have RGB modification.

I'm 99% sure it glitched successfully, but it's so frustrating to know that I scratched the OLED's screen ribbon cable so much while removing it and I think I've damaged it. This was confirmed when I removed the pico and turned on the device, black screen but I'm getting sounds and joy-con vibrations.

Did the tough part and screwed up on the easy one. I ordered another screen and will see how it goes.

View attachment 366554
What happens if you put the Switch in the dock? Do you have TV output?
Did you check the FPC screen connector on the board? maybe the problem is not on the Flex, but some twisted pin on the board.

Reactions: LogicalMadness

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens if you put the Switch in the dock? Do you have TV output?
Did you check the FPC screen connector on the board? maybe the problem is not on the Flex, but some twisted pin on the board.
Never thought of that. Thanks. Yes, it does work when I place it on the dock. I inspected the pins, seem fine to me. I hope it is,the screen should be on the way.

CapitolLimited

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone is offering to do rp2040 installs from my local FB marketplace, and I wanted to ask you experts if you all think this is acceptable work, or if I should keep looking.

Attachments

• alpa3.jpg
    alpa3.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 63
  • alpa2.jpg
    alpa2.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 76
  • alpa1.jpg
    alpa1.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 68

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
100USD + 20 for the RP2040.
its a good price
I'll let the experts comment on his work, but note that he only needed one MOSFET but used two. Man knows what he's doing. Fair price but why is he charging that much for rp2040? I'd get my own.
well its not just the raspi its also mosfets an resistors depends on where he buys then from even 20 is a good price if u let someone else install it

just saw his picture not the best job but if it works its okay i saw worse .

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Someone is offering to do rp2040 installs from my local FB marketplace, and I wanted to ask you experts if you all think this is acceptable work, or if I should keep looking.
Visually it is not very good, especially coming from a person who is advertising his work.
But then again, it is not an easy mod/job to do, so if you are not willing to try this yourself (know that you are missing half of the fun :) ) and he gives some kind of warranty on his work, I would go for it.
As @FreeLander suggested, I would send him my own rp2040, no need to pay extra.

Reactions: FreeLander

angelC992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Visually it is not very good, especially coming from a person who is advertising his work.
But then again, it is not an easy mod/job to do, so if you are not willing to try this yourself (know that you are missing half of the fun :) ) and he gives some kind of warranty on his work, I would go for it.
As @FreeLander suggested, I would send him my own rp2040, no need to pay extra.
You are entirely right.

I moded my switch lite by myself and now I'm thinking of buying more and resell it with picofly already installed haha

Reactions: FreeLander

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Lol