Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

DynaMight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
one last question and sorry for the inconvinence , i dont own a heatgun station at the moment , any good triks to remove the usbc port using flux , desoderwire and ironsolder

Use solder wick/desolder wire to remove as much/all the solder from the ground points (the 4 anchor/through holes) then for the 12 little pads, you want to add loads of solder so its almost one big blob of solder and with a decent iron with a fairly big tip, just run it back and forth over the pads while gently lifting, it'll come off nicely then wick away any left over solder from the pads. You'll probably wreck the actual port but wont damage the pads/board.

Reactions: BigHorse420

AceCuba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
you can se uv mask , but i still think the flex is the way to go , more spencive but man safer
Post automatically merged:

netflix should do a recap of this threat almost 300 pages , man this is easy 5 seasons

bilalhassan341

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It well be good if use uhu glue or soldring mask to keep mosfet in place not moveing or wier not moveing on cpu.??????
I also used UHU glue for the MOSFET, but I have also ordered a solder mask. I only used the glue on wires to keep them in place, and I won't be using it on the solder points as I'll be using the solder mask when it arrives.

Reactions: Danook28

busmanl30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can u reset the picofly with an RCM Jig like HWFLY or no. Cuz that method comes in clutch without magnetic switch

(correction) Can u reinject the payload to boot0 with the RCM jig like HWlfy firmware does, it comes in clutch, or maybe a full reset would be useful too if a device goes into RCM mod on OLED v2 and v. I think this is a smart idea @rehius

Last edited by busmanl30,
Reactions: Danook28

MicroRepairRX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah, but if you need some specific information, you might ask

I have a question. Is SKHynix emmc supported on V2 Mariko switches? I found information that it's not but might be outdated. Someone posted that they have gotten it to work, but want to confirm.

I'm using dual mosfets with the 5 wires that are short. The mosfests are the same distance away compared to the flex cable. This same setup worked fine on a switch lite.

The switch gets a blue light and green flash and then the OFW logo. I think it reset?

Been working on this for over 6+ hours. I'll try the flex cable as a last resort, but want to avoid it and get these mosfets working, assume that's the issue. Maybe it's something else. TIA

Okay I put the flex cable on and now it's working. Thanks sorry for the confusion. Now back to figuring out the mosfets.

Is using dual mosfets overkill? If one mosfet sufficent enough?

Last edited by MicroRepairRX,

sergiochendry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Finally I did it!

View attachment 366136

Of course, in fact, this is my first work with a soldering iron inside such devices and I encountered many problems during installation.

I strongly recommend that you use a thin magnetic wire (0.1mm) for all points except 3.3v, RST and GND (AWG30 Teflon wire is suitable for these). Also AWG30 is enough to connect one MOSFET transistor to the caps.

Instead of a microscope, I have successfully used an iPad or Smartphone in zoom mode, simply by placing it on a glass. I recommend:

View attachment 366138

Initially, I ordered such a cheap set from Aliexpress, soldered it 5 times, but it never worked:

View attachment 366140

Then I removed the transistors from it and checked it with a multimeter. They turned out to be workers. Marking: 2202a ct84y. I installed one with AWG30 wire and it worked. Solder point G only with a copper thin wire, and not like me:

View attachment 366141

View attachment 366142

Many thanks to all of you, the GBATEMP forum, and most importantly to the creator of the firmware! You are our hero!
i am order the same flex and not working to
i got cyan LED while using that flex

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally I did it!

View attachment 366136

Of course, in fact, this is my first work with a soldering iron inside such devices and I encountered many problems during installation.

I strongly recommend that you use a thin magnetic wire (0.1mm) for all points except 3.3v, RST and GND (AWG30 Teflon wire is suitable for these). Also AWG30 is enough to connect one MOSFET transistor to the caps.

Instead of a microscope, I have successfully used an iPad or Smartphone in zoom mode, simply by placing it on a glass. I recommend:

View attachment 366138

Initially, I ordered such a cheap set from Aliexpress, soldered it 5 times, but it never worked:

View attachment 366140

Then I removed the transistors from it and checked it with a multimeter. They turned out to be workers. Marking: 2202a ct84y. I installed one with AWG30 wire and it worked. Solder point G only with a copper thin wire, and not like me:

View attachment 366141

View attachment 366142

Many thanks to all of you, the GBATEMP forum, and most importantly to the creator of the firmware! You are our hero!
That's great work. What did you do to check if the MOSFET Is working properly?

Makc16384

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i am order the same flex and not working to
i got cyan LED while using that flex
I think that the problem is in the bad soldering of the cable. So do as I do, unsolder the transistors and connect as in my drawings and everything will work. Good luck!
Post automatically merged:

That's great work. What did you do to check if the MOSFET Is working properly?
It is necessary, in the multimeter diode mode, to check the connection between points D and S, then touch the red "+" to point G, and black "-" to point D. And check that the values between D and S should change. Then we reset the transistor (we run something iron through it to close all the contacts) and check points D and S again, if the value has changed again, then the MOSFET is working. We do everything in Diode mode.

Last edited by Makc16384,

MrNatto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issue: I turned on my lite a few times being able to boot into Hekate PL, but now when I press power nothing happens. I take the back cover off, the shield off press the power, nothing. I press power again and the rp2040 goes blue-to-green, and then boots into hekate pl.

I put the shield back on, try again, and it boots into hekate pl. I put the back cover and press power and nothing happens.

It’s probably the pressure being put on the wires on the rp2040 I assume. But if I get no lights, does that mean the cpu wire is shorting somewhere?

Attachments

• CDE4F265-A2E2-4DEE-B843-3439EB256F12.jpeg
    CDE4F265-A2E2-4DEE-B843-3439EB256F12.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 30
  • 1341DBED-8563-4BAA-85AE-62409D601B3A.jpeg
    1341DBED-8563-4BAA-85AE-62409D601B3A.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 34

T0kyora1n7

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, I have a question, which mosfets do you guys recommend for the installation of the RP2040? I heard that SOP8 might work. what other alternatives are there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys i just checked to see what's in the fortnite item shop today and saw that metallica skins...