Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Is mosfet installed in this way? What I know is that it requires a certain amount of current to run, and it is not recommended to install it like this.
Post automatically merged:

There are too many points connected to GND. Use general instruments to detect them.
the mosfet is not the problem, it was on the cpu and i changed it to see if that was the problem

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
if i cut hole like this
and fit rp2040 without removing the usb c , is it goin fit?
View attachment 365121

No. See attached pic - i've placed a ruler on top of the side supports, which is where the back of the case rests so it is the same height as the case. there's a rp2040-zero with connectors removed (under the kapton tape) and a rp2040 unmodified in the pic. As you can see the USB connector is far too tall.

Attachments

• photo_2023-04-15_17-24-50.jpg
    photo_2023-04-15_17-24-50.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 53

Quiggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Today I replaced sxcore in my OLED with a RP2040-Zero. What should i say: It did work just perfect and the glitching times are much better than the old chip! Really good work!

• Love
Reactions: LogicalMadness

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I need help, since yesterday I have an oled board that works but when I put the screws on the bottom of the console, or just tighten it with my hand, it no longer turns on, I have already insulated the entire board thinking that it could be grounding but it's still the same Does anyone have any ideas, thanks...

View attachment 365094
Do you happen to know which screw it is?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It does not fit without causing strain and a bulge in the case.
I don't think it really do anything more than to protect against like possible liquids. It's super thin and I really doubt it have any integrity strengthening. I'm surprise no one wanted to make a custom shield yet :P

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well at this price I've bit the bullet on behalf of my partner and purchased this at a mere £22
View attachment 363326

Certainly hope we've done the right thing :unsure:

The price seems very fair in my very humble opinion

Well seems as if I might have come unstuck (possibly), if something seems to good to be true and all that... well the package was supposedly delivered, erm, to Romania and I'm obviously in the UK... Also the shop seems to have disappeared too lol, thank goodness for PayPal buyer protection I guess

neo_33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. Please help me out. I am wondering what I did wrong as the rp2040 is not lighting up at all even though I double-checked all the connections. The switch boots up fine as well. is this possibly a bad chip?

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. My local hardware store doesn't have rp2040 but plenty of RR Pico. I scoped up a couple. The diagram looks clear and very similar to RP2040. I only have a question about "Detection pins" What are they? How to use them? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-15 at 7.45.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-15 at 7.45.57 PM.png
    538.7 KB · Views: 37

haydonny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just modded a lite with a rp2040-zero and single mosfet, worked perfectly first time. My reflections are:
- attaching mosfet directly to the cap is not a good idea. the mosfet is taller than the apu and will lead to bad thermal conductivity since the shield will cover both apu and mosfet. I put the mosfet in the space between apu and ram.

- Soldering mosfet to caps (with or without wire) is hard as hell. By far the hardest part of the mod. Absolutely not worth the extra time it takes over buying the ribbon cable.

- There is no way to fit a 2040-zero under the full body heat shield, even if connector and buttons are removed. If someone claims they did then their heat shield is bent to hell and will cause a bulge in the housing. A hole in the shield is necessary.

- single mosfet attached by wire to single cap seems to work fine.
- working with solder mask is messy and spreads everywhere unless dried enough. Maybe it's just my shitty aliexpress product though.

Thanks everyone, especially rehius!
What wire did you use for single mosfet install? I have 36 awg but thinking thats too thin. Do you have a pic of your mosfet install?

swordeye2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Help! I already resoldered, cleaned, and check connections but it always throw pink/violet error. When i put it in PC, it is detected in RCM mode. Any suggestions?

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What wire did you use for single mosfet install? I have 36 awg but thinking thats too thin. Do you have a pic of your mosfet install?
I used AWG38 and it works fine.. so if you have nothing else, give it a try.
Hi guys. Please help me out. I am wondering what I did wrong as the rp2040 is not lighting up at all even though I double-checked all the connections. The switch boots up fine as well. is this possibly a bad chip?
Does the chip do anything when you connect it to PC? And you did flash the firmware to the chip first, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica