Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hi hello, just confirming Teflon UL10064 36AWG is already good for 3.3V right? Does it affect the voltage since its too thin? it just arrived and damn its so thin, im just concerned :)
36AWG is around 0.1mm.
I use 0.1mm for every point except the mosfet S and D, and its running fine.

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
wire thickness matters in case of MOSFET -> APU connection, other wires should be fine
36AWG is around 0.1mm.
I use 0.1mm for every point except the mosfet S and D, and its running fine.
Thank you for the reply guys, im already so excited but still wating for my flex cable to be safe and clean. i bet 2.7 would release first before my flex will arrive ahahhaa

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
a few days ago I asked for help in this forum about soldering techniques since the mosfet was difficult for me, some users told me to continue with the cpu flex if I did not have enough skill and others even helped me with a video, today I am sending you my first mosfet, don't give up folks

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

Attachments

• mosfet uy.jpg
    mosfet uy.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 52

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a few days ago I asked for help in this forum about soldering techniques since the mosfet was difficult for me, some users told me to continue with the cpu flex if I did not have enough skill and others even helped me with a video, today I am sending you my first mosfet, don't give up folks

View attachment 364719
Well done! Now be careful when installing, as you can rip the pads clean off the mosfet and have to start over otherwise ;) (ask me how I know :P)

• Haha
Reactions: LogicalMadness

haipro287

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I just use 2 mosfet.i use 2.6 because I tried 2.64 but it is the same problem in 2.5 when clicking reset when switch logo appears it turns green light and boot to hekate.i don't know why.the 2.6 is the only working without clicking reset
Post automatically merged:

Did you try the fw2.6?

when I flashed 2.6, no led indicator in rp2040 and no thing happened even clicking reset button. @rehius thanks for new 2.64, I will try it tomorrow. I `I've just removed the mosfet and take a break today :D

maybe also samsung emmc ?
oh my friend's v2 using samsung emmc :rofl2: checked in hekate.

Fezaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the picofly v2.6 i posted ?
yes its in the uf2 just flash the fw 2.6 :-)

whats the changelog / difference between v2.5 and v2.61 uf2 file?

Also im seeing v2.64 on the github, how stable / safe is that? can i use that? im yet to install my rp2040-zero. not taken the type c port off yet.

Sadly I ripped the pad needed on the flex cable. Is there any way to keep using it or should I just order a new one? :(
trace its data line and then scratch the data line?

Last edited by Fezaan,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

View attachment 364719
we already are coming to nano soldering.

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Would there be any reason to install a reed switch for resetting like some sellers do for hwfly chips? is the chip likely to run "out of sync" after a few months and need retraining? it would be nice to be able to leave it in the hands of a "user" without forcing them to learn how to open the console to reset the chip. Might be hard to say before a few months have passed i guess.... what do you think @rehius

AaronE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would there be any reason to install a reed switch for resetting like some sellers do for hwfly chips? is the chip likely to run "out of sync" after a few months and need retraining? it would be nice to be able to leave it in the hands of a "user" without forcing them to learn how to open the console to reset the chip. Might be hard to say before a few months have passed i guess.... what do you think @rehius
There is a training data reset within the picofly toolbox so I do not think a reed switch would be needed personally.

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what do you think @rehius
that is certainly not required. the reset is automatically applied on every system update, even in case of manual accidental sdloader corruption where update detection will not work, the reset will be applied after ~70 unsuccessful boot attempts.

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
that is certainly not required. the reset is automatically applied on every system update, even in case of manual accidental sdloader corruption where update detection will not work, the reset will be applied after ~70 unsuccessful boot attempts.

great to know, thanks! and nice job!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy