Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

twins333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
You already have a response:
What else do you need? CAN you turn it on without the resistor? I mean you already have a purple/pink screen so you must have turned it on by now. Replace the resistor, check for other severed traces or missing components around the area that was worked on. Post pictures of the board(both sides).

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

What else do you need? CAN you turn it on without the resistor? I mean you already have a purple/pink screen so you must have turned it on by now. Replace the resistor, check for other severed traces or missing components around the area that was worked on. Post pictures of the board(both sides).
i just get this purple light
..no screen or nothing... dont know if the resistor has something on the clk or cmd points

• Haha
Reactions: cowboy619

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

just if someone know if this resistor is crucial for the console to turn on... the spldering on the clk point is fjne but gets this light...i think thats skmethjng with the emmc or this missing resistor

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
just if someone know if this resistor is crucial for the console to turn on... the spldering on the clk point is fjne but gets this light...i think thats skmethjng with the emmc or this missing resistor
Here you have it
This resistor is not needed for the switch to boot. A customer ripped it and after i made an rp2040 installation everything worked fine.

SUPERBANEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can someone pls help me, I tried installing the new hwfly rp2040 but now it won't start up... not even the chip works, I really don't know what to do, pls help
photo_2023-08-22_17-20-18.jpg

snaker

Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Guys what value of pull down gate resistors are you using on IRFHS8342 mosfet?
Post automatically merged:

Can someone pls help me, I tried installing the new hwfly rp2040 but now it won't start up... not even the chip works, I really don't know what to do, pls help
View attachment 389681View attachment 389682
Ok so in order to help some guys that have problems with those clones. Today arrived some of the new ones called rp2040 PLUS :rofl2: .
The values of the reistors are these :

oled old
point a cmd 47 ohms
point d clk 47 ohms
point c dat0 47 ohms
point b no resistor

oled new
point a cmd 47ohms
point d clk 47 ohms
point c dat0 240 ohms
point b no resistor

v1-v2
point a 50 ohms
point d 50 ohms
point c 330 ohms
point b 50 ohms

lite
point a 50 ohms
point d 50 ohms
point c 240 ohms
point b 50 ohms

instinct-v6
point a 240 ohms
point d 240 ohms
point c 240 ohms
point b 33 kiloohms

From the measurements above we can see:

1) The oled chips dont have resistors at rst point b which i think is good. But we can see that lite and v1-v2 models use 50 ohm resistors at point b which is not recommended.

2) On newer PLUS chips the main difference is the addition of 240 ohm resistors, instead of 47-50 ohms, at c dat0 points.
I dont know if they are influenced from instinct-nx chips which use 240 ohms at all a,d and c points. This also doesnt make a lot of sense since the recommendation is to add 100 ohm resistors at point c dat0.

3)for some reason the v1-v2 clone uses 330 ohms at point c. Even more than 240 ohms which are used at oled and lite rp 2040 clone boards.

First of all check if you have slow emmc errors after the installation. If yes then proceed with the following:

On old oled boards add 2 more 0201 47 ohm resistor at point c and point a as you can see in my picture (or simply replace them with 100 ohm resistors) . First cut the traces and then add the 47 resistors if you dont replace with 100 ohm.

On new oled models replace the 0201 resistors of point a and c with 100 ohm resistors.

On v1-v2 board replace point a and c with 100 ohm 0402 resistors and if it still doesnt work remove the 50ohm point b resistor and bridge the points.

On lite board
replace point a and c with 100 ohm 0201 resistors and if it still doesnt work remove the 50ohm point b resistor and bridge the points.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you provide more detailed photos of your solder joints? Just from zooming in on that one picture with my phone it looks like you completely bridged both capacitors

SUPERBANEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Before it broke definitely I tried starting it and noticed that I forgot to disconnect the battery before soldering. I tried soldering again since before, the RP was flashing two long and one short yellow light, and saw that the flat cable was disconnected and so as I've said before I tried resoldering but it broke :(

Can you provide more detailed photos of your solder joints? Just from zooming in on that one picture with my phone it looks like you completely bridged both capacitors
Sorry that's the best I can do

Attachments

• 16927191511512568511707028079811.jpg
    16927191511512568511707028079811.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
Last edited by SUPERBANEN,
  • Wow
Reactions: snaker

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Before it broke definitely I tried starting it and noticed that I forgot to disconnect the battery before soldering. I tried soldering again since before, the RP was flashing two long and one short yellow light, and saw that the flat cable was disconnected and so as I've said before I tried resoldering but it broke :(

Sorry that's the best I can do
Bro, I don't want to be rude but it's a complete disaster.
If you soldered those caps like that (fully bridged) I can only imagine what happened to the other solder points.
My best bet is for you to send it to someone more experienced in micro soldering (who has the right equipment for the job) and maybe they can save it.

• Haha
Reactions: snaker and jkyoho

SUPERBANEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Bro, I don't want to be rude but it's a complete disaster.
If you soldered those caps like that (fully bridged) I can only imagine what happened to the other solder points.
My best bet is for you to send it to someone more experienced in micro soldering (who has the right equipment for the job) and maybe they can save it.
What should I do? Should I remove the flat cable? Or should I just take it to the expert? What should I say to him?

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
What should I do? Should I remove the flat cable? Or should I just take it to the expert? What should I say to him?
If you want a chance to save this switch I would suggest you send it to a pro.
Or, if you would rather take this opportunity to learn something and in the process end up with a broken switch (that's what most of us here did :) ) then first i would desolder everything, take pictures of all the places you touched with soldering iron and post them here, and then we'll see how it goes.
But, once again, if you want a real chance to save this switch you should send it to a repair shop.
Cheers

SUPERBANEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you want a chance to save this switch I would suggest you send it to a pro.
Or, if you would rather take this opportunity to learn something and in the process end up with a broken switch (that's what most of us here did :) ) then first i would desolder everything, take pictures of all the places you touched with soldering iron and post them here, and then we'll see how it goes.
But, once again, if you want a real chance to save this switch you should send it to a repair shop.
Cheers
Thank you very much, I'm gonna think about it

Edit: I'm gonna desolder the flat cable

Here is what is left

Waaaaa it started again

Attachments

• 16927224939586006923364709280030.jpg
    16927224939586006923364709280030.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
  • 16927226803754891217823624445106.jpg
    16927226803754891217823624445106.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 29
Last edited by SUPERBANEN,

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why dont u go in a Hwfly Rp2040 thread and ask there instead of spamming the Picofly thread this is not a hwfly thread we have no diagramms for those chips.....

if its needed or not u can just find out when u replace it pretty easy ha ? u already have the value u need so replace it then you will see if it works or not, if not u know its something else-

is there any chance you show me where i can fond the same value resistor on a switch lite donor board?
why dont u take a multimeter and measure the switch lite board ur probally gonna find one or two.

everyone needs to be stop beeing lazy and wanting other people do there work for them.

if u dont know how to find out is a resistor on a donor board has that value , or know how to find it by yourself on the www then u shouldnt be doing soldering/ repair work.

Last edited by Dee87,

Flaviocarvalho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why dont u go in a Hwfly Rp2040 thread and ask there instead of spamming the Picofly thread this is not a hwfly thread we have no diagramms for those chips.....

if its needed or not u can just find out when u replace it pretty easy ha ? u already have the value u need so replace it then you will see if it works or not, if not u know its something else-

why dont u take a multimeter and measure the switch lite board ur probally gonna find one or two.

everyone needs to be stop beeing lazy and wanting other people do there work for them.

if u dont know how to find out is a resistor on a donor board has that value , or know how to find it by yourself on the www then u shouldnt be doing soldering/ repair work.
just asked because if someone already knew it .. why search if someone already passed by the same situation and can help it faster? i dont see any problem... anyway...sorry for the inconvenience

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/A2A_5pZ2lU4?si=AAMVdptPM4tD-umZ