Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Piorjade

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, I hooked up RST to my Pico to see how RST works and when I set the output to HIGH the switch restarts, however, it only restarts if it changes from HIGH to LOW or from LOW to HIGH. How would I prevent the CPU from continuing? Do I really have to keep RST switching between HIGH and LOW?

juanvlc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Maybe we can just use 1206 47R to reduce the whole size
6kZf3sN.jpg

Does someone is trying onto oled?
I don't have lite but oled yes

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
So, I hooked up RST to my Pico to see how RST works and when I set the output to HIGH the switch restarts, however, it only restarts if it changes from HIGH to LOW or from LOW to HIGH. How would I prevent the CPU from continuing? Do I really have to keep RST switching between HIGH and LOW?
Reset signals are usually active low. Meaning the SoC is under reset when low. You have to hold reset low for a minimum amount of time and then high so the CPU can start booting. I don't know the minimum reset time for the Tegra X1 but it's possibly in the datasheet.

Last edited by ghjfdtg,
Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Piorjade

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reset signals are usually active low. Meaning the SoC is under reset when low. You have to hold reset low for a minimum amount of time and then high so the CPU can start booting. I don't know the minimum reset time for the Tegra X1 but it's possibly in the datasheet.
So basically the Switch won't boot as long as I keep RST low?

OMAR1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
can anyone try to test and analyse this uf2 file and see whether it works

Attachments

• RP2040ZERO-pico-v1.19.1-878.zip
    240.2 KB · Views: 56

Doodka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
can anyone try to test and analyse this uf2 file and see whether it works
I don't think it has anything to do with picofly, the file has a completely different size and is very different from the dumps that we have + picotool gave this:
Code:
File RP2040ZERO-pico-v1.19.1-878.uf2:

Program Information

name:            MicroPython

version:         v1.19.1-878-g4598b89ce

features:        thread support

USB REPL

frozen modules:  neopixel, dht, ds18x20, onewire, uasyncio/stream, uasyncio/lock, uasyncio/funcs, uasyncio/event, uasyncio/core, uasyncio, _boot_fat, _boot, rp2

binary start:    0x10000000

binary end:      0x1004dc70

embedded drive:  0x100a0000-0x10200000 (1408K): MicroPython

Fixed Pin Information

none

Build Information

sdk version:       1.5.0

pico_board:        pico

boot2_name:        boot2_w25q080

build date:        Feb 17 2023

build attributes:  MinSizeRel
My pico comes with ali, so I can't check if the code works, but it seems to me that this is a REPL example of Pico,
its builded yesterday, so it's looks like stuffing
Where did you find it?

Last edited by Doodka,

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This above is not firmware (for the switch) if you are referring to that. Its a micropython. Not sure why he even posted that
Plus it uses “neopixel” which is for WLEDs

I feel like that user was just trolling and trying to waste time cause what else would make them think it’s for a switch ha

Reactions: Mansi and DreedPL

KAAAsS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Try to run the firmware by emulating RP2040 but so far had no luck. The program just keeps decrypting and never triggers 0x20020440. The problem might occur in emulating peripherals, since the decryption code uses them everywhere (like disabling the irq, and using PPB_VTOR to pass data, if I read it correctly), and it's hard to reimplement all of them. Plan to buy one RP2040 Zero and check them in the real world.

btw, @renoob could you pls try running your patched firmware in a real RP2040, breakpoint at 0x2002096C, and check the R3 and R6? In my case, R3 is 0x20000000 and R6 is 0x2B. It should be same if the unique id got injected currectly.

renoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Isn't that memory (SDRAM) address? I dont see any references in ghidra regarding that address anywhere.
@KAAAsS
Anyway you wont get much with the chip on its own. It seems that rest of the functions are called when it receives some signal.
For example it does not call get_unique_id function at all while its not soldered to unit, chip just dies fast after boot

Last edited by renoob,

KAAAsS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Isn't that memory (SDRAM) address? I dont see any references in ghidra regarding that address anywhere.
Yes. It's a mapped address. 0x200200C0 ~ 0x200212F0 is loaded from .bin offset 0x1591C.
It seems that rest of the functions are called when it receives some signal.
For example it does not call get_unique_id function at all while its not soldered to unit, chip just dies fast after boot
Yes but not that mysterious, most of them are just the normal boot process. Like 0x10002608 is _retrieve_unique_id_on_boot, and triggered during the boot. The chip could hang in a loop check about hardware (e.g. XOSC) when not soldered to a unit, or say when peripherals are not correctly configured.

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...