Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
That helps a lot man, thank you so much. Need to try it out tomorrow. What exactly do you describe on the yellow lines? The "S" is still the GND right?
This should be better.
You solder D lines to capacitors (green)
Solder S points to shield (red)
Solder G point, two middle pins on flex, to Pico (blue)

Attachments

• -1909896910-1498365690.jpg
    -1909896910-1498365690.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 48

Ganesha0112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I have an issue with a pico RP2040 installation.

I connect everything good, but when I turn on the console the light keeps blue then green and the OFW starts.

The first turn on of the console when the chip trains the chip keeps some seconds on white led then blue then green led and OFW boot. Any idea can what happen?

Reactions: AngelCardenash

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• IMG20230507103113.jpg
    IMG20230507103113.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 39
Reactions: QuiTim

Marsowaty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
After putting everything together, i have a bridged RST and GND (only with voltage battery). :unsure:
I disconnect battery and i have don't bridged RTS and GND. Is that how it's supposed to be? :mellow:

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hehehe easy for you bro, people are struggling here :D
How is that 3v3 wire working out for you? I would like to start using something like that one but I thought it's supposed to be thicker.
0.1 is enough for the rp2040 no need for thicker wire here , the only place where u need atleast 02mm is the mosfet/s from the mosfet and the rest 0.1mm is more then enough
Post automatically merged:

Whenever one mosfet doesn't work. In truth, all flex cables have two mosfets on them.
dont v1 flex cables come with one mosfet?

I didn't understand after reading 30 pages. When are two mosfets required?
for most of the erista board 1 mosfet is enough as far as i know. ive tried unpatched and patched v1s with 1 mostfet both worked but i install in general 2 mosfets on all devices since i know 2 always work.

just not to run in any trouble after installing it since they just cost cents.

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.1 is enough for the rp2040 no need for thicker wire here , the only place where u need atleast 02mm is the mosfet/s from the mosfet and the rest 0.1mm is more then enough

for most of the erista board 1 mosfet is enough as far as i know. ive tried unpatched and patched v1s with 1 mostfet both worked but i install in general 2 mosfets on all devices since i know 2 always work.

I wouldn't know, I've only ever installed a v2 cable

Reactions: Dee87

nqtal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

It worked for me on lite with one mosfet, but after a few minutes it got hot and smoke. Will the second mosfet solve this problem or is it just not suitable in terms of parameters?
Screenshot_20230508-012008_Chrome.jpg

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What @Dee87 said XD

Hehehe easy for you bro, people are struggling here :D
How is that 3v3 wire working out for you? I would like to start using something like that one but I thought it's supposed to be thicker.

It's 0.15 to 0.2 (calipers suck), I got it from a HDD arm, seems fine on everything. It's my new fav, can't wait to order a bunch of colors.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
What @Dee87 said XD

It's 0.15 to 0.2 (calipers suck), I got it from a HDD arm, seems fine on everything. It's my new fav, can't wait to order a bunch of colors.
If it's from the voice coil it might be aluminum. It's nice to work with being all soft and malleable. I have some lying around somewhere, I will give it a try.

MegaDeKay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Size: Whatever, make it fit.

Capacitance: No way.
I don't understand your answer. He is talking resistance values and you are talking size & capacitance???

From what I understand from what Mr Skinner is saying, the resistor values are very wrong and he won't be able to do the mod as a result.

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand your answer. He is talking resistance values and you are talking size & capacitance???

From what I understand from what Mr Skinner is saying, the resistor values are very wrong and he won't be able to do the mod as a result.
I think he just meant to say "resistance value: no way"

He was indicating that the size of the resistors wouldn't be an issue, just that the resistance values were WAY off, unusable, "no way"

Reactions: LogicalMadness

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
And the first nintendo switch pico fly dead after make smook under Flex Cable.... No sound display only lines same old tv .... Good by console.
I use this digram v2 on v1.
Try other consoles. Me be in next days.

Last edited by Danook28,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +2