Physical Xbox One copies of Kingdom Hearts III have leaked over a month prior to release

i2jCn9h.jpg

If you thought copies of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate finding their way to the public a week before launch was bad, then wait until you hear this one. While Kindgom Hearts III's January 25th launch is almost here, with the game having gone gold and finished development, some fans have their hands on the game already. Reportedly, more than 30 copies of the game on Xbox One have been stolen directly from a distribution center, making their way to Facebook sales pages for inflated prices. This means actual copies of the game are in the wild, and those that have their hands on the game have been uploading screenshots and videos to social media and YouTube. If you don't mind spoilers, gameplay footage is currently being posted on ResetEra.

:arrow: Source

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing like posting your stolen game all over social media, considering what they do with CAM people in movie theaters, I don't see much hope for these people. Square will probably subpoena every past IP from facebook for every account that had access to the sale, any console that connected online that shows they played the game, etc. Within a week, when 1000s of stores have copies in their warehouses and backrooms, you could probably get away with it, but 30 copies more than a month away from release, that is quite in the danger zone.

Last edited by gbatempfan1,

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nope never was exclusive.

I hope this can be played as a backup with the new method coming to PS4

Like you'd be able to play it early on PS4 after what just happened. They will have the games in a 20 inch thick vault that requires more keys than a prison would have until release.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, now I'll probably have to dodge spoilers for 6 weeks. The vindictive side of me hopes that he gets slammed for this.

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's almost 2019 and yet pictures are still being taken with a potato. You'd think someone with enough expendable income to buy a video game would have a decent phone/camera.
It's called the potato rule, any real leak is obligated to have less than 100 pixels and suffer from compression artifacts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over