Physical Xbox One copies of Kingdom Hearts III have leaked over a month prior to release

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Dec 15, 2018.

1. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    I am curious why you would even say that ?

2. jesus96

jesus96 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 2, 2015
    Mexico
    Well at least unlike smash it can't be leaked so there's no problem for square at all (besides spoilers obviously)

3. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    Why does it matter? It's not like anybody can dump the games and distribute copies. Speaking of which, kudos to MS for making the Xbox One an impenetrable fortress... 5 years and still not hacked

OneForAll likes this.
  4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Time was it was considered part and parcel of the gaming world in general. If you want to go through the likes of http://www.abgx.net/filename/?ch=6 , http://www.advanscene.com/ and all the others and see when things hit compared to their street date then you will see it being far from a one off event.

For people, much less people on a hacker forum, to complain about such things strikes people that were there man as rather silly. We had a general etiquette about such things (most of which was don't come completely out of left field and if you do go into a thread on the matter then expect them) but the idea of doing an internet break because of their potential would be insane. That said if there was ever a word to describe kingdom hearts fans*...

*among certain sections of the forum and staff it is second only to pokemon in terms of things that cause people to want piracy checks defeated, translations issued (despite the thing coming out in a couple of weeks otherwise), flash cart/emulator updates, extraction of assets, cheats made... and endlessly gum up the works with requests. Many times such sections thought they would sample the game in question and were met with the mediocrity that seems to be this series hallmark.
    Edit. Found the thread I wanted
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/omg-liek-kh-rite-1-1.158354/

Last edited by FAST6191, Dec 16, 2018
  5. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Okay, i get all that but i just asked because he said that people who comment that they hope they don't see any spoilers need to grow up. I was just wondering why he would make such a comment

6. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    United States
    UK
    Let’s not pretend a console isn’t better when hacked, ps3 and Wii days were the best, playing games for free and being glad you didn’t waste any money on some trash disappointing games

Bladexdsl likes this.
  7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    no one wants to hack it because it has no content worth hacking :creep:

8. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    Seems like a sure-fire way to get a xbox live ban or worse, unless the guy has a throwaway xb1 for this.

9. The Minish LAN

The Minish LAN Professional Bitch

Sep 9, 2015
    United Kingdom
    I don't think it's "insane" to be concerned about having a game you can't play ruined for you nowadays.
    The world is a very different place than it was in 2009 - just not clicking a thread on a forum about the game and hoping for people to act respectfully flat-out doesn't work anymore, and in a lot of cases, isn't even applicable. Social media feeds get whammed with images and text walls about the leaks, prominence makes it so at least one person is talking about the leaks on every big Discord server. And that's not even mentioning the final boss of a game being in a random YouTube thumbnail, or title...
    People care both a lot less about spoiling, due to the increase of people wanting to blog their experiences, and, fairly, a lot more about getting spoiled, due to wanting to experience it themselves.

Last edited by The Minish LAN, Dec 16, 2018
  10. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I don't know if I see the world as that much different in this regard. The same things would happily apply then -- it would have just been myspace, digg, and I forget what the fad chat protocol of 2009 was (I was on IRC, much like I am today, and will be after discord is spoken of in the same ways as ventrilo). I will give that thumbnails is less of an issue as I think youtube was still doing the "promise of tits" thing for thumbnails. Though I will have to say if the knowledge of what the boss is ruins your enjoyment of it then something is probably quite wrong in your game, such things typically being a rather active affair.

Still "before they can experience it"... is this why preorders are a thing? If we are doing back in the day then I recall an especially amusing conversation on the merits of spoiling a remake of King Kong in 2005.

11. The Minish LAN

Sep 9, 2015
    United Kingdom
    To explain it in this case, Kingdom Hearts is a very plot-heavy game, with bosses being parts of the story beats - knowing who you fight can in and of itself be a spoiler, depending on the character. For example, if a final boss was a character that died in a previous game, then well, you know that they get brought back to life through some weird plot bullshit in the game, which is unbearable if you're invested in the story. It's a different case than if a thumbnail revealed Bowser was the final boss in a Mario game.
    This hasn't actually happened in Kingdom Hearts, but you get the point.

kumikochan likes this.
  12. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Wow. I did not expect people to get upset over what are normally deemed nonsense and overdone plot contrivances to keep things alive/bring them back.

CallmeBerto likes this.
  13. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    United States
    UK
    I have a Xbox one and if a hack came out I’d be all over it just to try out games and be glad i didn’t waste money on them, not like they give demos anymore

OneForAll likes this.
  14. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    True. If the xbox one is popular in countries like china or brazil the system would already get hacked a long time ago.

15. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Adoptive father of my kitty named Zelda

Banned
    GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Back with kitty Zelda forever :D
    I really wonder why since its like the most powerful console ever so far... right?
    Idk if it could emulate switch but im pretty sure it can emulate pc, right?
    No?

16. Mohammed2935

Mohammed2935 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2018
    Kuwait
    Please delete this Topic so that we could forget about it.

Please delete it.

17. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    Not that it matters, the story is convoluted as hell so people are gonna buy it because it's Kingdom Hearts and it has Disney characters in it.

Though, it is said there's a "resume" for gamers to watch so everyone can catch up with KH's story.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You bought the same game twice. Would have been better to own it on both consoles instead (PS4/XO).

Okay. We get it you don't like Xbox.

18. eherrera322

eherrera322 Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2012
    United States
    USA
    You can’t get in trouble if you didn’t know it was stolen you’d be fine buying it. Not like someone is gonna put stolen property please buy. Hope is was worth it, they gonna find ya!

19. The Minish LAN

Sep 9, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Seems like they found (and arrested) the guy responsible, according to Axel's English voice actor: Don't imagine I'm the only one hoping he enjoys his stay. What a prick.

Last edited by The Minish LAN, Dec 17, 2018
  20. sonicrings

sonicrings GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2012
    Canada
    Johto
    He should have stolen a decent camera to take the picture with while he was at it. What is this .ico quality shit lmao

StrifeSephiroth and comput3rus3r like this.